DakkaDakka12

Scum skipped for wave 13 and 14 = big scum wave incoming?

From a mechanics point of view, I actually think what Scum needs is support ships. Sometching cheap to carry the like of Jabba would be nice or something with a wacky skill set akin to the Quadjumper. While I don't think Scum have to have a four dice primary, it could certainly use it. While I would prefer something more agile myself, the Gauntlet Fighter could be interpreted to be the heavy duty, 4 att ship.

From more of a personal point of view, including more independent cultures (like the Hapes Consortium and more Mandalorians) would be nice to see. As well as groups like Talon Karrde's Smuggling Allience would be fun to have references to. 

As for what is next, it is most likely a Scum version of the Falcon.

Han movie ships will be revealed in a couple months and added to wave14 most likely. Im expecting 3 scum ships to spawn from it, one being the "old" falcon. Wave 13 had nothing because it was a direct movie release and....there wasnt even a quadjumper level of new scum ship appearance in TLJ lol

edit: i'd rather scum not get a 4die primary unless its on a ship that has no crew. Their crew would make a 4die primary the meanest of them all with no effort.

Edited by Vineheart01

1 hour ago, Darth Meanie said:

More importantly, I strongly suspect Han, Lando, and Chewie will have new abilities, and that this ship is going to be functionally different than the old YT-1300 (like, for example, a new dial making her faster).

So, beside being a new sculpt, I think it's really going to be more of a new ship with homage to the old Falcon.

The dial will probably be the same, but we already have precedent on multiple title versions, for instance the "Sequel" title giving it sloops. A new copy of the title might allow boost, BRs or new maneuvers, in addition to new pilot abilities. 

>New-Old-Falcon Title: Gain BR action icon. You can barrel roll into other ships, who receive 1 damage when you do so. 

45 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

The dial will probably be the same, but we already have precedent on multiple title versions, for instance the "Sequel" title giving it sloops. A new copy of the title might allow boost, BRs or new maneuvers, in addition to new pilot abilities. 

>New-Old-Falcon Title: Gain BR action icon. You can barrel roll into other ships, who receive 1 damage when you do so. 

In any event, I have no problem buying the Falcon for the 3rd time.

No one complained that the Partisan X-Wing is the 3rd release of that ship. . . 

16 hours ago, Vordyn said:

Don't think scum will get a 16HP standard ship as endurance isn't really a sum thing, ( apart from the maybe the lancer ), there more of a all or bust glass cannon faction.

Also wouldn't count on Scum getting co-ordinate as again the design philosophy is that there selfish, scum only had one real support ship ( Manaroo ) and look how they ended. 

I could see Scum getting a high health ship. Look at the YV-666. I could see a Aurore-class Freighter (Zygerrian Slaver) with a lot of heath > http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/YV-865_Aurore-class_freighter

Some people have said that ship wouldn’t hold a niche, but if it had health like the Decimator, it would have a niche. And they could sell it with Mining Guild TIEs. ?

http://starwarsrebels.wikia.com/wiki/Aurore-class_Freighter

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mining_Guild_TIE_fighter

Besides, the Ghost was just a vcx with mods. Why couldn’t or wouldn’t the Scum types have a decked out ship?

As far as coordinate goes, I agree with you mostly. There was comments in RoTJ that Lando lead a Scum group in military action and that’s how he became general in the rebellion. So they may be out for themselves, but they do work together on occasion, but only when necessary.

Mmm the newborn shiny Falcon seems to have a shuttle with itself (basically the nose of the ship). 

So maybe we'll get another 2-in-1 ship mechanics?

....still waiting the pacman Tie, anyway..

2 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

In any event, I have no problem buying the Falcon for the 3rd time.

No one complained that the Partisan X-Wing is the 3rd release of that ship. . . 

Actually the 4th technically.

Core Set, Xwing Expansion, Rebel Transport, and now Partisans.

I actually have yet to buy HOTR because I don't really want or need a 2nd falcon and 3rd t70 xwing.

A 4th xwing isn't very appealing to me either, although I do love the partisan paint scheme. 2nd uwing isn't bad though.

If the new Scum yt1300 (which most us believe to be coming) has reworked stats then I'm down,

maybe a better fail but no agility? 

A crazy extra cost for an extra agility?

maybe it's their 0 health 16hp ship?

just not an identical stat ship will do fine, I enjoy that the factions have different flavours, something that's grown a little more prominent in the past wave and (by the looks of it) this coming one.

what reworked stats would you like to see, flavourful enough that it plays similarly to the falcon but doesn't fill the same roll (fat han and jousting Rey), maybe we see a weird resurged brobots with two yt1300 scummy bois.

i hope FFG keeps it different enough...

1 minute ago, DakkaDakka12 said:

@Quadjumper King Sadly we are probably doomed to another falcon probably same movement chart, same hp, and maybe gain barrel roll.

from people's speculation the falcon will have a weaker turret than the other falcons so maybe we will get a 2nd ship with a 2 firepower primary turret.

Weaker turret is fine as a trade for manoeuvrability, but I don't think I fancy it with the falcon's current dial, it represents a ship with 3 die primary and boosting capability, it's sort of balanced around that.

2 die primary, barrel roll, new dial. That would be enough of a change for at least a different gameplay style, but new stats wouldn't hurt either :P 

but im all for being the devils advocate and suggesting it has the same stats with some weird tweek that makes it either useless, or breaks it.

On 2/14/2018 at 12:48 AM, Wookiee_Slayer said:

In all fairness I dont even want a scum YT1300... I want an obscure ship that makes a big splash! 

Yeah! It's be great to get some kind of obscure, large base ship with really good stats, maybe two agility. Oh, and give it an awesome dial where half of it is green. Literally, just half, so it's balanced. Slap on some useless Torp slots and an astromech (those aren't too useful, right?) And call it a day. Wonder if it will change the meta?

@Tvboy why? Scum is not top dog in the meta anymore, and have the least ships.

Rebels have 20 ships

Imperials have 19(soon 20)

Scum has 16 and 4 of them are ships from another faction so only 12 unique ships.

Why do you feel scum should stop getting ships?

Unless you want the game to only be 2 factions?

1 minute ago, DakkaDakka12 said:

@Tvboy why? Scum is not top dog in the meta anymore, and have the least ships.

Rebels have 20 ships

Scum has 16 and 4 of them are ships from another faction so only 12 unique ships.

Why do you feel scum should stop getting ships?

Unless you want the game to only be 2 factions?

Scum hate... I don't understand it. A two faction x-wing miniatures game would be boring!

On 2/14/2018 at 1:32 PM, DeathstarII said:

To be hirable by the empire (but not make the majority of points)

I want this so much. We had a Scum-rebel tie in, dare we hope we get an Imp-Scum? Something like this:

Imperial contract

Title, Unique, Imperial only

You may equip this title to a Scum faction ship. You may only equip this title if the total cost of the ship is X or fewer (40?)

You may equip an additional title.

Edited by SirCormac

Well, Waves 13 and 14 were based on movie ships where there were no Scum, so logic. The Solo movie should have some Imps, Rebs and mostly Scum I’ll wager. Though, I’ll be honest, those dudes trying to pull of the younger Han and Lando have an uphill battle....the movie could bomb pretty easy, no matter the CGI budget nor the Star Wars tie in, unless some Scum pull the weight. A dude trying to be a young Harrison Ford? Come on? Please....that’s not possible, IMO.

23 hours ago, SabineKey said:

From a mechanics point of view, I actually think what Scum needs is support ships. Sometching cheap to carry the like of Jabba would be nice or something with a wacky skill set akin to the Quadjumper. While I don't think Scum have to have a four dice primary, it could certainly use it. While I would prefer something more agile myself, the Gauntlet Fighter could be interpreted to be the heavy duty, 4 att ship.

From more of a personal point of view, including more independent cultures (like the Hapes Consortium and more Mandalorians) would be nice to see. As well as groups like Talon Karrde's Smuggling Allience would be fun to have references to. 

As for what is next, it is most likely a Scum version of the Falcon.

Gauntet fighter is bigger than the Ghost, so not gonna see it on a large base,but it would make a great epic bruiser. 

No Wilde Karrde dust buster please, lol

On 2/14/2018 at 5:38 PM, Vineheart01 said:

Han movie ships will be revealed in a couple months and added to wave14 most likely. Im expecting 3 scum ships to spawn from it, one being the "old" falcon. Wave 13 had nothing because it was a direct movie release and....there wasnt even a quadjumper level of new scum ship appearance in TLJ lol

edit: i'd rather scum not get a 4die primary unless its on a ship that has no crew. Their crew would make a 4die primary the meanest of them all with no effort.

5/3/3/3 small base with 3 crew

PARTY... SHORT... BUS!!!!!

2 hours ago, DakkaDakka12 said:

Rebels have 20 ships

By the way, that means that Rebels only have 17 ships and Imperials 19. Either you subtract non-uniques from both or not at all. Otherwise it‘s just cherry picking and doesn‘t help your point much.

uh, 4 of them are from another faction?

z95, ywing, firespray......what else? are you counting the scurrg? pretty sure thats a scum ship and rebels simply have a pilot.

Also what GreenDragoon said, it goes both ways if youre doing that.

Also Scum are what 5 waves behind? i forget when they actually popped up. So of course they got less ships.

11 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

Gauntet fighter is bigger than the Ghost, so not gonna see it on a large base,but it would make a great epic bruiser. 

No Wilde Karrde dust buster please, lol

We've had this discussion before. Still think it works better as a large base.