Estarriol

Speculation on the new X-wing titles

I’m sure someone will have a go at zooming in.

S-foils closed looks like gaining a boost action. Open looks like gaining a t-roll instead of a hard turn? No ideas for renegade refit. Maybe an extra mod slot instead of a torp?

Edited by Estarriol

6 minutes ago, Viktus106 said:

Renegade Refit seems to allow multiple modifications. I assume two?

Cant read the rest of the text though.

Vaksai title for the Kihraxz allows three with a points cost reduction at zero points. Admittedly that ship needed more help than the T65 does because the pilot skills on the T65 pilots are usually very strong. 

Here's what I could see. My assumptions for card text are inside brackets. Squad point costs were not visible.

Ren[egade] R[efit]

T-65 X-wing only. [Title.]

You may equip [?] Modification [upgrades.]

[?]

Servomotor S-foils

Side 1: [Open]

T-65 [X-wing only.] Modifica[tion.]

Your acti[on bar gains <boost>.] If you [?] reveal a (3 <leftturn>) [or (3 <rightturn>) maneuver, you may treat that maneuver as a red (3 <lefttroll>) or] (3 <righttroll) in[stead.]

At the sta[rt of the ?] phase, yo[u may flip this card.] 

Side 2: [Closed]

T-65 [X-wing only.] Modifica[tion.]

Reduce your [attack] value by 1. Y[our action bar gains] <boost>. Treat all [?maneuvers as ?] mane[uvers.]

At the sta[rt of the ?] phase, yo[u may flip this card.]

So, I think that Renegade Refit card will be something like the Vaksai title, and that the object of the Servomotor S-foils card will basically make the T-65 somewhat more like a T-70 X-wing by giving it a way to boost and execute talon rolls, but not as easily as a T-70 X-wing.

I don't think that opening the S-foils will give the X-wing barrel roll, I agree with what @Giledhil says.

The new T65 mod will bring it into line with the pre-nerf Jumpmaster and Nym. It’ll do this by adding 4 to the T65 attack value ?

The mod will also add a new rule that Galactic Empire Ties add 3 to their attack value

(And we all get to surf the wave 1 wave again!)

IF TRUE (grain of salt) trading 1 attack for a boost isn't very appealing. And a Talon Roll.... hm.

I would much rather S-Foils in attack position let the X-Wing add a focus result when attacking. And then no penalty for having the foils closed.

6 hours ago, Smashotron said:

I doubt Open and Closed both give you boost. Probably Open gives you barrel roll and Closed gives you boost.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same. Especially as the PS7 pilot can flip his card after doing either action.

6 hours ago, gjnido said:

But only one token for 4 modification cards?  I think the evade is for a pilot ability 

Not necessarily.   You only get one x-wing in the box.   Expansions seem to be designed to be played in such a way as you can make use of everything in the box, using just the contents of said box. (Post nerf Jumpmaster notwithstanding)

22 hours ago, Estarriol said:

There’s also five ps1 cards in there... I’m guessing they’re 20 points and the title is a one point reduction.

I'm guessing differently. The PS1 pilots are 20 points, but the title will actually cost 1 or 2 points. The reasoning for this is that there are five copies of the PS1 pilot, but only 4 copies of the S-Foils. Five PS1 pilots is a nice bone to throw to players who already own at least four X-Wings and couldn't otherwise fit a fifth into a 100-point list. However, requiring those players to then buy a second Renegades expansion to get the needed fifth S-Foil card would be a serious !@#$ move on FFG's part.

22 hours ago, Estarriol said:

There’s also five ps1 cards in there... I’m guessing they’re 20 points and the title is a one point reduction.

That's likely an error. I'd still guess they're 20pts, but the pilot/tile distribution doesn't make sense for there to actually be 5 of the PS1 X-Wing pilots.

there are currently 3 T-65's available other than this set:

ANH core set, X-wing expansion, and Rebel Transport expansion.

add this set, and that gives 4 ships.

which explains the 4 S-foil cards, for certain. i suspect that it is only 4 PS1 pilots, and the 5th was an extra standing in for a named pilot they didn't want to reveal yet. that would put a PS1 and a named pilot on each side of the base-card, and let someone who bought one of every set to field 4 T-65's.. 3 with rebel paint schemes, and one partisan.