Estarriol

Speculation on the new X-wing titles

On 2/13/2018 at 2:32 PM, gjnido said:

But only one token for 4 modification cards?  I think the evade is for a pilot ability 

They better not have copied mine!

C1nJyQ7.png

Though that acutally would be kinda cool...

Edited by Sir Orrin

9 minutes ago, GLEXOR said:

so it's basically "I am equipped with Jan Ors, but can only use it on myself"

Sure! :lol:

I basically wanted to be able to evade, but not be able to evade and focus because then PTL would be stapled to the card.

Edited by Sir Orrin

Just now, Sir Orrin said:

Sure! :lol:

I basically wanted to be able to evade, but not be able to evade and focus because then PTL would be stapled to the card.

Ah. Now I understand.

2 hours ago, Vandenberg said:

I guess another reason to presume that closed gives you boost and open gives you barrel roll is the synergy with Kullbee Sperado.

Start closed >treat (whatever) manuever as green> boost > flip to open mode. 

Or alternatively start open and then close to boost out of range. Then pop FAA and barrel roll . 

The real question is when & how you get to flip the card. The X-Wing is hindered partly due to action inefficiency. If it takes an action to flip, then it won’t be helpful as your sacrificing any mods/repositioning to flip th card. 

Personally, I think flipping in either the planning or end phase makes sense. Sure, there is a element of telegraphing your intentions but as long as you can still shoot with the foils in both positions, it does lead to some uncertainty on your opponents part and the ability to psych/fake them out.