dotswarlock

New preview: save the dream

3 minutes ago, Celestial Lizards said:

Krennic seems awesome. 
You know what would make him even better? If Pulsed Ray Shield was Imperial.

You might have figured out why it wasn't?

Just now, Pooleman said:

My poor wallet. I'm super bummed about this. I wanted more time before the next announmcent. Oh well. I am happy for potential T-65 fixes.

I'm guessing you have some time.  Odds are we won't see these until May at the earliest.  And only three boxes in the wave.  We all know the Scum ship from Solo (probably the Kessel run falcon) is going to be added to the wave at some point.

2 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

I'm guessing you have some time.  Odds are we won't see these until May at the earliest.  And only three boxes in the wave.  We all know the Scum ship from Solo (probably the Kessel run falcon) is going to be added to the wave at some point.

Time will tell, I suppose. I've only been in this game since July and I've dropped a of cash on it. I need a break. Every new expansion brings me on step closer to divorce.

Edited by Pooleman

Ok, sorry if this has all been said, but my observations so far:

Flight Assist Astro! Yay! Now I don't need another Sheathipede. Or maybe I still do. Because there's only one copy of this in here and I already have 2 U-Wings so I'm not buying more than two of this. F***.

S-Foils: Flip every round. X-Wings will in fact flap like ridiculous birds. I'm actually ok with that because WE FINALLY GOT OUR X-WING FIX!!!

Renegade Refit might be an X-Wing AND U-WING fix! There's totally room on that card for it to say X-Wing and U-Wing only, if it fills a torp slot and is negative points (like Chaardan Refit)!

New pilots and new crew: haven't read the fronts of the card fans yet. Those look cool.

All the spoiled cards look not good. I need to wait for more articles to see the spoilers I really want! 

TIE REAPER! YEEEEEEEE BOI! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Don't care how good it is. I'm buying four. 

While I am a little bummed that we don’t have K-2SO or General Merrick and his glorious moustache (I want to run official Stache bros so bad), I am overall happy with the new content. I’m sort of glad they went with the tie reaper to add in Krennic instead of his shuttle. And the X-wing fix sure does look interesting. Good job FFG!^_^

Just now, Celestial Lizards said:

Phantoms, Strikers, Reapers, Interceptors, Adv/Adv Proto, Defenders, they all love Krennic now.

Pfft even a random TIE fighter would love him, though that'd be a total waste.

ok now i feel an urge to play Wampa and cheese 2 auto damage even if its a bad idea lol. Krennic the noncrit, remove a shield, Wampa the crit, deal facedown lol

9 minutes ago, Celestial Lizards said:

Phantoms, Strikers, Reapers, Interceptors, Adv/Adv Proto, Defenders, they all love Krennic now.

Don't forget QD. Moar shields whilst keeping the mod slot open, and a free offensive mod.

Am I right to think it'd work out the aux arc if it's primary weapon only?

EDIT: NVM, Galactic Empire only. Darn OT purists :P

Edited by Terminus-Est

Just now, Terminus-Est said:

Don't forget QD. Moar shields whilst keeping the mod slot open, and a free mod.

Am I right to think it'd work out the aux arc if it's primary weapon only?

QD wont work because she is not Galactic Empire, She is First Order

6 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

This is why i hate squinting...i totally missed the +1 shield

Ok, thats definitely worth it. Shield Mod that slots on a different ship for +1pt and the ability to auto-neuter shields per attack.
W/o the shield mod thats pretty *** for 5pts. Shield mod? Hoboy...

Yeah, I like that its like a mod slot without actually taking the mod slot on the ship you want it on (giving room for EU as example, or maybe Chimps)

It does require a Crew slot in the list, which really means we need to see what other creative ideas and pilot abilities are available with the Reaper.

10 minutes ago, Celestial Lizards said:

Anyone else thinking of a TIE Reaper with Krennic and Hux? Looks like the Imps got their support ship.

The Reaper has an Aileron card that is different from the TIE Striker, but it mentions something about if you are not stressed. Hopefully it does something about that red 2 turn if you are not stressed. I suspect Hux will not synergize with the Reaper very well since you will likely start stressed next turn after Hux and not get the Aileron benefit.

I am interested in what the new Tactical Officer does.

Edit: I can't make out all of the card, so it could do something if you are stressed, but I don't suspect its that. 

Edited by kris40k

11 minutes ago, Celestial Lizards said:

No FO ships, sorry

Ninja'd

yeah they did a REAL close look at actually sniffing out potential synergies

Once per round --> no intentionally failing gunner for double triggers

Primary weapon --> no TLT, no TIE/D double tap

Empire only --> no QD

3 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

yeah they did a REAL close look at actually sniffing out potential synergies

Once per round --> no intentionally failing gunner for double triggers

Primary weapon --> no TLT, no TIE/D double tap

Empire only --> no QD

But its still really good. You could put it on a Gunboat and have it with no upgrades... Or a TIE Phantom to increase health and damage output...

And there's still more text at the bottom.

Just now, Celestial Lizards said:

But its still really good. You could put it on a Gunboat and have it with no upgrades... Or a TIE Phantom to increase health and damage output...

And there's still more text at the bottom.

I think that's the big thing

five points with that ability would be a thorough "meh" from me, probably downright bad given how inefficient shield upgrade already is

but that magical list line could turn the whole of the x-wing world on its head