dotswarlock

New preview: save the dream

1 hour ago, TheEldarGuy said:

So we finally hit the YY and ZZ Target Lock tokens.

AAA is next.

"That's a AAA Target Lock!" or "I'll give that Target a AAA rating" . B'Doom Ching.

Haven't they already gone around the horn once? They had target locks A-D in the new core set too. I mean, they could keep adding on, but I'm just guessing they're gonna go back to the single letters. If you're playing a game where you need more than 52 different target locks, you need help. :P

Hey! Is there any other expansion with cards for pilots but without enough base tokens to field them (and use those cards). Because in the picture it seems that you get five renegades of PS1 but just 3 token... Or am I missing something?

4 hours ago, gamblertuba said:

5 copies of the PS1 X-wing pilot card but not enough ship bases?  Hoping they just removed the extras to prevent clutter?

I'm excited to see them do this.  I figured it would be 2 copies of the new pilot and you'd have to buy three boxes to get them all.

That's almost certainly a mistake in layout.  The two copies in the top row are probably supposed to be pilot cards for the U-Wing.  It's surprising and weird that they would include 2 U-Wing bases and 2 Pilot cards, plus 3 X-Wing bases and 8 Pilot cards.  We all know it should be 2 U-Wing bases and 4 Pilot cards, plus 3 X-Wing bases and 6 Pilot cards.  We are probably missing one generic U-Wing (probably the same one as before) and one more named pilot (hopefully K-2SO).

6 minutes ago, Boba Rick said:

Not really seeing a U-Wing fix here.

4 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

Renegade Refit might be a torpedo slot that costs negative points and says T-65 X-Wing and U-Wing only.

I'm thinking this. The retrofit also mentions something about modifications, hopefully allowing the X-Wing to equip more than one (so IA and the S-foils are both usable). I never use the torp slot on the U-Wing, and if it lowered cost and that would be great.

Really though, it depends on the new pilots which we haven't seen yet. The scrambler could find a home on Heff Tobber who dives into range 1 to block, but without  a native barrel roll like the bumpmaster, its still gonna suck as a blocker, even with Cassian Andor (crew) allowing you to adjust your dial on a good guess. Just using Intel Agent and rolling where you need to be is better. Retrofit allowing a cheaper EU modification could be very cool on the U-Wing.

Bodhi (pilot) is still a beast in Epic though. There are a few fun Cassian Andor (pilot) builds, but nothing earthshaking and I don't see anything here to help him.

3 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

There is nothing Imps have access to that Rebels or Scum would gladly sacrifice a kidney to get access to.

Salt, salt, salt

There are quite some Rebel and Scum ships which would LOVE having access to LWF!

@Boom Owl

"I am 100% sure something in here will break (...) Vcx"

Saw and a focus generator on VCX is going to be brutal!

Edited by Managarmr
fixed quotation

swx75_death-troopers.png

How bonkers are death troopers though? No Once Per Round limit so you can just put it on a TIE shuttle for 18 points and stress anything coming straight at your other ships. And would gunner trigger it twice?

Edit: D'oh, too expensive for the Tie Shuttle. :( Still great though.

Edit 2.0: Confused the cost with Krennic. That is why I fail.

Edited by Vandenberg

6 minutes ago, Vandenberg said:

swx75_death-troopers.png

How bonkers are death troopers though? No Once Per Round limit so you can just put it on a TIE shuttle for 18 points and stress anything coming straight at your other ships. And would gunner trigger it twice?

Nice, right? Bomber, title, this, LWF keeps your low-PS TIEs alive or else really punishes the attacker. And leaves you 80 points to play around with too! Maybe that and four TIE Interceptors? 

The open S-Foils mod looks like:

Your action bar (gains/loses something)

if you are (not stressed, when you)

reveal a (turn 3)

you may....

3 Talon Roll...

Now since the other side would appear to give you the boost action, perhaps this side gives you barrel roll.

Edited by Vandenberg

1 hour ago, Vandenberg said:

swx75_death-troopers.png

Edit: D'oh, too expensive for the Tie Shuttle. :( Still great though.

This shuts down Maul’s ability Part One.

2 hours ago, kris40k said:

Look at the name of the PS 4 X-Wing pilot

Edit: The real question is, "Where is Bor Gullet?"

Ah, good eye.. missed that on initial "enhance"

Edited by Synthetix

2 ship for rebel faction, 1 new ship for imp... You believe scum won't have one or more new ship ?

Do you know what's the next starwars movie name is ?

Solo !

They are waiting a bit, but i believe we are getting at least 2 other ships in this wave...

this weird tie
27797538_1443450465766124_38492092940326

And a freaking YT 1300 with the new design for the scum faction... Most probably with Qira (because mother of dragon is going to sell things), Solo, Becket and lando (only named ?)

ndoEB8u.jpg

Very happy to see something for the rebels from Rogue 1. Wasn´ t expecting a U wing though! If it weren´ t for the X wing love inside it would be difficult to justify a second U wing in my colleciton. I still have yet to use the first....

I´ d have liked to have seen more of the important generic astromechs, R2 especially, but at least there is the FIX.

Guess I´ ll be getting one of each, one day...

Edited by Larky Bobble