dotswarlock

New preview: save the dream

15 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

yeah they did a REAL close look at actually sniffing out potential synergies

Once per round --> no intentionally failing gunner for double triggers

Primary weapon --> no TLT, no TIE/D double tap

Empire only --> no QD

it really feels like ONLY the Empire gets the proper run-around for potential issues.

QD was my first thought. She cant doubletap the Krennic ability, but she gets +1 shield and between 2 3-4die attacks you WILL get the Krennic effect off, theres no way both attacks roll amazingly (well, unless you rip all shields off first)

1 minute ago, thespaceinvader said:

Krennic on Vader is where it's gonna be at.  He needs the extra durability, and he really wants to make use of blank dice when he can't  reroll at PS11.

Lol...

Vader: Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director.

Krennic: *gurgles* I pimped a Tie for you...

[releases his Force-grip and walks away, leaving Krennic gasping on the ground]

12 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

it really feels like ONLY the Empire gets the proper run-around for potential issues.

QD was my first thought. She cant doubletap the Krennic ability, but she gets +1 shield and between 2 3-4die attacks you WILL get the Krennic effect off, theres no way both attacks roll amazingly (well, unless you rip all shields off first)

Well, there was the R3 astromech where they added so many qualifications that it made the card useless.

7 minutes ago, kris40k said:

Well, there was the R3 astromech where they added so many qualifications that it made the card useless.

That felt like they didnt even think it through.

The only actual restrictions on R3 is you need to roll a focus when attacking and spend it for an evade token rather than using it elsewhere.
The additional condition that you must be a higher PS to even BENEFIT from that or have Comm Relay (which is an expensive combo for mild benefit) is the main problem, and that part is just a side effect of the card that happens to be a problem.

The only way i could see that stupid mech be a problem if they didnt give it so many qualifications is if it was flatout "Get an evade token" perhaps if not stressed. THAT would have broken so many ships....even at 3pts...

Theres tons of cards now that the imperials either just cant use because "We said so" or we just happen to lack the proper loadouts to abuse it or now its Empire only and not FO accessible. There is nothing Imps have access to that Rebels or Scum would gladly sacrifice a kidney to get access to.

Vader is the worst offender when it comes to great ships Krennic wants to beef up. Soontir/Jax/Sabaac being a close backup, but definitely Vader first. And Vader is nothing compared to QD if she could get it

Edited by Vineheart01

3 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

The only actual restrictions on R3 is you need to roll a focus when attacking and spend it for an evade token rather than using it elsewhere.
The additional condition that you must be a higher PS to even BENEFIT from that or have Comm Relay (which is an expensive combo for mild benefit) is the main problem, and that part is just a side effect of the card that happens to be a problem.

Well, they also added the "primary weapon" restriction, which prevents you from using it with TLT and doing something like Horton + TLT + R3, reroll blanks and spend a focus on the first attack, reroll blanks and turn a focus into an evade on the 2nd attack at PS 8.

Page 15 of the TFA rulebook, regarding three factions and subfactions. Upgrades of subfactions can be used in the whole of a faction. Quickdraw can use Galactic Empire upgrades by RAW if I am correct.

1 minute ago, Jagos said:

Page 15 of the TFA rulebook, regarding three factions and subfactions. Upgrades of subfactions can be used in the whole of a faction. Quickdraw can use Galactic Empire upgrades by RAW if I am correct.

Quickdraw hasn't crew upgrade to use Krennic :)

Just now, bernh said:

Quickdraw hasn't crew upgrade to use Krennic :)

Krennic doesnt go on the ship he's buffing.

Krennic himself does nothing, at all. He just assigns the condition to 1 non-FO ship with 3 or less shields which has all the buffs.

Alright, initial thoughts.

X-Wing Fix! (Hopefully) A title and an upgrade. 

Good to see some Partisan love going on.

Saw looks self-destructive and brutal, so very themeatic.

Krennic looks very interesting. Barring a downside we can't see, having him give the condition to someone like The Inquisitor or Fel has some big possibility.

Yay, TIE Reaper! Though very confused why it is a small base. Very, very confused.

A little worried about the Reaper's dial. With that red 2 turn showing, I'm afraid it'll have the classic shuttle problems. It does have that title and there is a chance it can take after the TIE Bomber's 3 speed maneuver, so hopefully I'm wrong.

What else? There was something really big and I felt bad about it. What was it? Oh yes...

WHY NO K2?!?!!?!!???!?

*sigh*

I really hope you're right about K2, @Kdubb.

Just now, Vineheart01 said:

Krennic doesnt go on the ship he's buffing.

Krennic himself does nothing, at all. He just assigns the condition to 1 non-FO ship with 3 or less shields which has all the buffs.

I don't argue with that. I just saying that FO ship can equip Krennic (as said in rules for sub-fractions), but FO ship with assigned condition cannot discard enemy shield.

10 minutes ago, Ralgon said:

Hmmm, 3x ps1 xwing pilots and 2x ps1 uwings?

Does that mean we're going to see cost adjusted generics..........?

Xwing swarm!!!

The picture does not show any Uwing generic cards but I think that must be an error.  I'm guessing it was suto be what you said and that makes me sad.  I will need two of these to run my five Xwings...