Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Thoras

Rules this week potentially

Recommended Posts

It would have been nice if the person logged into the  FFGOP Twitter who had made the initial hint had confirmed the date before basically making a hint which was tantamount to an announcement from an official account. But, I'm sure they were just enthusiastic and, much like with the Rebel troopers article, referencing an older schedule of release dates rather than malicious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

It would have been nice if the person logged into the  FFGOP Twitter who had made the initial hint had confirmed the date before basically making a hint which was tantamount to an announcement from an official account. But, I'm sure they were just enthusiastic and, much like with the Rebel troopers article, referencing an older schedule of release dates rather than malicious.

FFG is a large enough company that the different sections don't really know what's going on. Or isn't always updated on changes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DarkTemplars said:

FFG is a large enough company that the different sections don't really know what's going on. Or isn't always updated on changes. 

Yes, but I imagine they are not so large that the different social media people can't coordinate/confirm release dates before posting something. I get that they might not have the latest list of dates, or be remembering an older release timeline, but delaying a response before confirming the release of rules wouldn't have been the worst idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Yes, but I imagine they are not so large that the different social media people can't coordinate/confirm release dates before posting something. I get that they might not have the latest list of dates, or be remembering an older release timeline, but delaying a response before confirming the release of rules wouldn't have been the worst idea.

delay's happen, especially in it.

 

Oh crap, power outage/pc crashes/formatting issues and it gets pushed. Although in this case it may be as simple as waiting on lfl to greenlight it as it's an official doco and the expected call/email didn't happen. Sorastro gave us a slight insight into this while waiting for some of his vids, showing they can be delayed weeks by approval that's out of everyone elses hands.

Edited by Ralgon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ralgon said:

delay's happen, especially in it.

Fair enough, I took the second posting to mean that the dates they hinted at had never been accurate. However, since they had hinted, I feel they should have posted an update when they changed (and maybe they did, only FFGOP knows for sure). I understand everyone involved in the social media stuff is only human, and (probably) not involved in setting timelines, I was trying to advocate more care in hints regarding product and information release dates that are not locked down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I don't care that they said something and it turned out to be wrong. It seems to me that companies that get too stringent on making sure everything said by any employee is 100% accurate just stop allowing employees to communicate at all with the community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TylerTT said:

Let them be wrong about things. The more whining when stuff like this happens the more likely they are to never give us hints about things in the future.

Or the more likely they are to be right about things when they do post. Everyone should be held accountable for inaccuracies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×