On 7/6/2018 at 4:50 AM, SEApocalypse said:

Can't argue with that. Not because I would agree with you, but because I would talk myself into a killing spree. 
For me, TLJ is better than even Empire, especially because it had to deal with that mystery box turd JJ left behind. 

I also liked TLJ, and if you don't like everything that snoke said about balance (light and dark), well villains don't always tell the truth, or it's from his "certain point of view."

3 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

I also liked TLJ, and if you don't like everything that snoke said about balance (light and dark), well villains don't always tell the truth, or it's from his "certain point of view."

What you say about Snoke applies equally to Rian Johnson too, right?

On 7/7/2018 at 7:59 AM, EliasWindrider said:

That's what gets me, people assuming that "X character" in a given movie is telling the truth, or is omniscient, when they make a statement. They'll build a whole system around a few lines of dialogue, and then when their system is thrown out of whack by the introduction of new statements in a new movie, they can't be flexible enough to alter their conceptions.

1 hour ago, awayputurwpn said:

That's what gets me, people assuming that "X character" in a given movie is telling the truth, or is omniscient, when they make a statement. They'll build a whole system around a few lines of dialogue, and then when their system is thrown out of whack by the introduction of new statements in a new movie, they can't be flexible enough to alter their conceptions.

Wait a minute?! Are you suggesting fictional characters in stories have subjective points of view and may be unreliable narrators? Oh dear!

The literary theory is strong with this one...