teeseeuu

Mothma vs. Dodonna Toronto Regionals

Hey all,

This was the first round of my Regionals 2018 experience. Sadly, my picture taking fell off throughout the 12 hour 4 rounder, so this was the only one I had complete photos for. 

The tournament was a blast. 26 players from all around the province and a few from the US. Everyone was awesome, if a little tired by the last round. A big shout out to @Cod for running a tournament like a boss!

I managed to have a personal best performance since I started to play in late July, finishing 8th overall. My games went 9-2, 5-6, 5-6, 6-5. The last three were all decided in the final turn! 

I managed to one large base per game, which I considered a moral victory, only 3 of 26 fleets had no large ships. After a lead up to the tournament facing almost only imperial fleets, I faced rebels all four rounds. 

Here is an album of the first round:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iZ4FIVQBldNWIMWj1

Edited by teeseeuu
Spelling

9 minutes ago, SgtDurandal said:

I was at the office working on Saturday and was lucky enough to catch your Round 2 match Live Stream on YouTube. Good work!

Lost that one on the last turn. My opponent was very good.

I made a few mistakes (play errors) in that one, and while not an excuse, I had a pretty threatening confrontation with a street addict between round 1 and 2 while having a smoke which broke my focus. 12 years in this city, and this was the first time somebody tried to get violent with me. 

Regardless, it was a great day, and I got some dice!

13 minutes ago, teeseeuu said:

Lost that one on the last turn. My opponent was very good.

I made a few mistakes (play errors) in that one, and while not an excuse, I had a pretty threatening confrontation with a street addict between round 1 and 2 while having a smoke which broke my focus. 12 years in this city, and this was the first time somebody tried to get violent with me. 

Regardless, it was a great day, and I got some dice!

Oh ****! Sorry to hear about that. Glad you're ok and hey, dice! Again good job. I'd be happy if I do half as well in Denver when @durandal343 and I go in March.

13 minutes ago, SgtDurandal said:

Oh ****! Sorry to hear about that. Glad you're ok and hey, dice! Again good job. I'd be happy if I do half as well in Denver when @durandal343 and I go in March.

You two should have come to Omaha this weekend.  It’s only an hour more to get there over Denver.

5 minutes ago, Palanthas said:

You two should have come to Omaha this weekend.  It’s only an hour more to get there over Denver.

We really wanted to. That one was on our list of Regionals. Unfortunately, our calendars didn't work out. @durandal343 just had a new baby boy join his fam and I'm in the middle of **** storm at work and working every weekend. Next time we'll try to make it that way!

Also, if you ever find yourself visiting the beautiful Black Hills shoot us a message... we'll try and setup a match!

Edited by SgtDurandal

16 minutes ago, SgtDurandal said:

We really wanted to. That one was on our list of Regionals. Unfortunately, our calendars didn't work out. @durandal343 just had a new baby boy join his fam and I'm in the middle of **** storm at work and working every weekend. Next time we'll try to make it that way!

Also, if you ever find yourself visiting the beautiful Black Hills shoot us a message... we'll try and setup a match!

Completely understandable, although they do make wraps @durandal343 could wear during the tourney.

Most definitely if I’m in the area we can get a game in.  Also if you find yourself near Sioux Falls, your most welcome to stop by and get a game or two in.

Edited by Palanthas

13 hours ago, Palanthas said:

Completely understandable, although they do make wraps @durandal343 could wear during the tourney.

Most definitely if I’m in the area we can get a game in.  Also if you find yourself near Sioux Falls, your most welcome to stop by and get a game or two in.

Wait hold on.. I'm supposed to wear a baby pouch WHILE playing Armada?  That seems... inconvenient at best.

On 11/02/2018 at 6:42 PM, teeseeuu said:

Hey all,

This was the first round of my Regionals 2018 experience. Sadly, my picture taking fell off throughout the 12 hour 4 rounder, so this was the only one I had complete photos for. 

The tournament was a blast. 26 players from all around the province and a few from the US. Everyone was awesome, if a little tired by the last round. A big shout out to @Cod for running a tournament like a boss!

I managed to have a personal best performance since I started to play in late July, finishing 8th overall. My games went 9-2, 5-6, 5-6, 6-5. The last three were all decided in the final turn! 

I managed to one large base per game, which I considered a moral victory, only 3 of 26 fleets had no large ships. After a lead up to the tournament facing almost only imperial fleets, I faced rebels all four rounds. 

Here is an album of the first round:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iZ4FIVQBldNWIMWj1

Haha next time I won't go down so easily! That match more than any other was a huge learning opportunity for me. You flew brilliantly!

5 hours ago, durandal343 said:

Wait hold on.. I'm supposed to wear a baby pouch WHILE playing Armada?  That seems... inconvenient at best.

Admiral Theia plans (or threatens) to breastfeed during tournaments. She says she can play one-handed ...

2 hours ago, hereticjon said:

Haha next time I won't go down so easily! That match more than any other was a huge learning opportunity for me. You flew brilliantly!

Thanks man! You did well too, the lack of 30s in your meta cost you I think. Your squads were terrifyingly good, but the upgrades on that 80 could be tweaked. 

18 hours ago, teeseeuu said:

Thanks man! You did well too, the lack of 30s in your meta cost you I think. Your squads were terrifyingly good, but the upgrades on that 80 could be tweaked. 

Yeah I have a couple tweaks in mind. The obvious defensive one was staring me right in the face. See you at nationals!