Sign in to follow this  
Basylle

Color Match Assistance - Rebel Troopers

I'm trying to figure out how to get something close to the red color on the rebel trooper hat on the box art. So far, the things I have tried either end up too bright red or not red enough.

I primarily use Citadel colors, so paints in that line would be more helpful.

Thanks in advance.

If talking Citadel then yeah, you probably want something like the old Scab Red, which they of course don't sell anymore... Without going to the store... maybe Mephiston or Wazdakka red?

It seems you may have to look at other lines or or considering mixing your own.

6 minutes ago, Ghostofman said:

If talking Citadel then yeah, you probably want something like the old Scab Red, which they of course don't sell anymore... Without going to the store... maybe Mephiston or Wazdakka red?

It seems you may have to look at other lines or or considering mixing your own.

Scab red is now called Khorne Red according to this conversion chart I've used in the past.

6 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Scab red is now called Khorne Red according to this conversion chart I've used in the past.

Handy Chart! The image on GWs site makes it look brighter, but GW photogs have a history of botching color correction.

That should do it. Basecoat in Khorne and use something a shade lighter like Wazdakka for highlighting... that should do...

Thanks everyone for the assistance. It was all greatly appreciated and helpful.

In case anyone is interested, I thought I'd share the color scheme I am currently planning on using and the result I got. I'm still new to mini painting (I think this one makes nine completed,) so hopefully my technique will continue getting better as I go. If you have suggestions to improve the colors, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Anyways, here is the "recipe" I used (all GW colors):

Pants/Pack/Hat: (Base) Castellan Green, (Wash) Athonian Camoshade, (Highlight) Loren Forest, (Highlight) Straken Green

Vest/Hat Ring: (B) Khorne Red, (W) Agrax Earthshade, (H) Doombull Brown, (H) Tuskogor Fur

Shirt/Gloves: (B) Zandari Dust, (W) Seraphim Sepia, (H) Talarn Sand, (H) Karak Stone

Jacket: (B) Gorthor Brown, (W) Agrax Earthshade, (H) Baneblade Brown, (H) Talarn Sand

Boots/Leather: (B) Rhinox Hide, (W) Agrax Earthshade, (H) Mournfang Brown, (H) Skrag Brown

And the results:

hmxEe4l.jpg