Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Can we get some Golan Space Denfense Platforms

latest?cb=20060125014459

This has been mentioned before,  it’s never gotten heavy traction, but I think as we enter a new year for Armada,  a Golan Denfense Platform would be a great and unique model usable by both factions with the possibility of new game elements and objectives.  

Pew  pew 

Pew  pew 

A Golan III is the equivalent of what, 2 ISD's? Would be hard to implement that in Armada unless you center a scenario around it. They would also be quite large models although the sliding scale makes that manageable I think.

However the Golan I would be a nice option for an armed station with roughly the power of a powerful medium ship like the VSD.

Edited by Lord Tareq

8 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

I was thinking the Golan II as a large mini and cards for each of the Golans.

You could even make a name card for say, Prince Xizor’s Skyhook.  

(Yes not the same thing but since we are playing with wishes here.)

https://www.shapeways.com/product/PC79C5ZDD/armada-golan-ii-space-defense-spacegun?optionId=57970996

It would be cool to have medium and large stations in the game. Golan II as a large, Golan I and one of the PLT stations as medium. Maybe add some oddballs, like a pair of IPVs with the PLT. Higher shields and hull for the points to trade off for no mobility. Would probably have to limit it to prevent weirdness, maybe 1/3 max like fighters.

2 hours ago, MajorWesJanson said:

It would be cool to have medium and large stations in the game. Golan II as a large, Golan I and one of the PLT stations as medium. Maybe add some oddballs, like a pair of IPVs with the PLT. Higher shields and hull for the points to trade off for no mobility. Would probably have to limit it to prevent weirdness, maybe 1/3 max like fighters.

In Flames of War you can play garrison forces and pay points for your obstacles/fortifications, and you always act as defender.  Could be something to that model.

Nahhh I really don't want static defenses in SWA, except maybe as part of campaigns or for-fun type scenarios.

Firestorm Armada introduced space stations and they were a real downer.  They were horridly overpowered for their cost, supposedly balanced out by the fact that they could only move 2 inches a turn.  The end result was people would take a station and build an entire fleet dedicated to sitting next to it.  Ended up being banned in tourneys because they were too powerful.  

Maneuvering and positioning should be the core of a naval strategy game.  Static defenses really don't play into it well imo.