Sign in to follow this  
beefcake4000

Big Game Hunting - Favourite way to take down an ISD?

Darth Vader is situational in my opinion, but I do see where he can frustrate certain target ships.  However most of those target ships are working to survive by making their defense tokens more effective, so I'd say that Vader typically isn't doing anything more at best than you'd manage from using Boarding Troopers against the target tokens and denying your opponent any kind of meaningful defense at all.

BTA is still amazing on a 1, but the Kuat can’t shut down both redirects. Cutting off ECMs is a little less reliable than BTs on a Kuat, but you could still, say, take their boarding troopers instead. Like you say, it’s probably not what I’d bring with prior certainty ISDs were on the menu, just what I tend to have around when they show up. ;)

Edited by The Jabbawookie

14 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

A single, meaner ISD (ideally with first player.) Formerly a BTA ISD1, but a Kuat with ECM, ER, HMDV, and LS is looking like my current favorite. It seems more generally useful. I mean, sure hitting with other stuff is good, but just getting the drop on them is often enough.

Kurt with Vader seems excessive. But the rest makes sense. The problem is when they have one too. You won’t kill it with one shot so do you shoot and scoot or just sit and take it hoping they will die first...

5 minutes ago, beefcake4000 said:

Kurt with Vader seems excessive. But the rest makes sense. The problem is when they have one too. You won’t kill it with one shot so do you shoot and scoot or just sit and take it hoping they will die first...

All in the setup. First or second, speed, firepower difference at various ranges, etc. They'll have some advantages, you'll have some.

image.png.f8fc57e278167451f7cc5da8ae128a2d.png

Edited by The Jabbawookie

So this happened on Saturday at a small local tournament:

27657534_10156237222382608_7436430507601

I was trying to cross the T with my Ackbar MC-80 (I was originally moving from right to left, parallel to the CR-90), but my worthy opponent managed to outrun me. So I was forced to turn hard to starboard at the last moment and cut inside (with a boost from Engine Techs). The Defiance couldn't quite finish off the Avenger, but Princess Leia was able to circle Jaina's Light back around to put the last shots into the rear of the ISD.

I have also had success with two Mon Mothma MC-30s with both titles. I run Admonition straight in and pray that I can survive the opening volley while Foresight comes into the side.

1,2 punch of double arcing mc30 followed by another, both with OE and APT almost always puts a pretty big hurt on an ISD (5 black and 3 blue per ship) that can then be finished off from afar.  Or Yavaris B-Wings with Norra around and some BCC.  If you want Toryn Farr can be in the mix.  The ISD just can't sustain that kind of damage.  That's 6 black and 6 blues (assuming token or Raymus on Yavaris or Leia as commander) with shield stripping on every black crit.  That kind of damage can't be effectively redirected or braced.

My favorite way is to go into low orbit over a city and deploy my legion of troopers, any closer and I'd have to worry about ground f- oh you meant destroy one! That's preposterous, everyone knows the Imperial star destroyer is the most powerful, technologically advanced warship the galaxy has ever seen!

1 hour ago, Nyxen said:

My favorite way is to go into low orbit over a city and deploy my legion of troopers, any closer and I'd have to worry about ground f- oh you meant destroy one! That's preposterous, everyone knows the Imperial star destroyer is the most powerful, technologically advanced warship the galaxy has ever seen!

A super star destroyer is even more advanced and powerful......

..... and i mean, one SSD was taken over by a band of pirates.

1 hour ago, DrakonLord said:

A super star destroyer is even more advanced and powerful......

..... and i mean, one SSD was taken over by a band of pirates.

One captain to another; if it does exist, I don't believe the Super Star Destroyer ever made it past the prototype phase. Have you ever actually seen one? Sure, a ship of that size makes for great propaganda, but then again so do mystics with laser swords moving things with their mind. 

Edited by Nyxen
Grammar

9 minutes ago, Nyxen said:

One captain to another; if it does exist, I don't believe the Super Star Destroyer ever made it past the prototype phase. Have you ever actually seen one? Sure, a ship of that size makes for great propaganda, but then again so do mystics with laser swords moving things with their mind. 

Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you clairvoyance enough to find the Rebel's hidden fort…

32 minutes ago, Nyxen said:

And with that you've officially become the Alex Jones of the Armada Forums. Well done.