Sign in to follow this  
kennydkbrown

SOMEONE TELL FFG THAT WE NEED AN ANNOUNCEMENT

Friends. Compatriots. I know someone knows someone who knows someone in the know at FFG. That someone needs to tell the other someone to tell the someone in the know to get us some news for the next wave. You know, just so we know.

14 hours ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

Here's an easy one. Announce the "official" release of the Mos Eisley Back Alleys map. The ones I ordered from miniatures market arrive on Monday (according to the Fed Ex tracking information). :D  

I didnt even know you could order them tell you said that. Wow lol. Miniature is sold out but coolstuff has preorder

17 hours ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

Here's an easy one. Announce the "official" release of the Mos Eisley Back Alleys map. The ones I ordered from miniatures market arrive on Monday (according to the Fed Ex tracking information). :D  

Excuse me sir, but that would clearly confuse the market for Legion.  They would wonder where all their crate tokens were and why the scenario suddenly forces them against their will to play on a grid.

How dare you try and take away from their special time in the spotlight.

7 hours ago, TheWelcomeMat88 said:

I didnt even know you could order them tell you said that. Wow lol. Miniature is sold out but coolstuff has preorder

I ordered the last ones. Since it says it's on it's way and delivery is confirmed for Monday, I assume it's not some weird mistake. It just makes no sense that they could sell them, yet it hasn't been officially announced for sale. Are they really that busy at FFG?

4 hours ago, cleardave said:

Excuse me sir, but that would clearly confuse the market for Legion.  They would wonder where all their crate tokens were and why the scenario suddenly forces them against their will to play on a grid.

How dare you try and take away from their special time in the spotlight.

People are so hype for this game, but I can see it following the same path as Rune Wars. Still, looks cool and I'm sure lots of people will still enjoy it. I plan to get a painted set on the re-sale market come summer time. I suspect I'll be meeting up to buy it from someone's wife through Kijiji (Canada's Craigslist). 

Even if we got an announcement tomorrow, it would be very unlikely that it would release for Worlds. On the one hand it sucks that we'll have had the same units for 6 and a half months by the time Worlds arrives, but on the other this is the most balanced meta that's ever gone into a World Championship for IA.

Edited by ThatJakeGuy

6 minutes ago, FrogTrigger said:

Have they ever announced at worlds? Am I remembering right that they have? Maybe that's our next announcement lol 

***misread your question**

now I need to figure out if I can delete a post

Edited by seef1033

HotE was announced at worlds last year.

I think our two next best chances at getting a wave announcement are once they get through the launch of Legion and then Worlds. I will be disappointed if we get through worlds and still don’t have news about the next wave. Until then, I guess I’ll just try to be patient. 

11 hours ago, Fightwookies said:

HotE was announced at worlds last year.

I think our two next best chances at getting a wave announcement are once they get through the launch of Legion and then Worlds. I will be disappointed if we get through worlds and still don’t have news about the next wave. Until then, I guess I’ll just try to be patient. 

Speaking of Worlds, do they typically switch up the maps rotation before then, or are we still likely looking at Swamps/Palace/Alleys?

41 minutes ago, GottaBadFeelingAboutThis said:

Speaking of Worlds, do they typically switch up the maps rotation before then, or are we still likely looking at Swamps/Palace/Alleys?

Jabba’s palace will be the next to rotate out. They’re behind their previous quarterly schedule, but  Jabba’s will be gone for sure. I’d speculate that they do a figure pack from HotE next to make sure everyone has to buy all the new tiles. At this point, I don’t think they have time to also replace Nal Hutta, so Worlds is looking like Nal Hutta, Mos Eisley Back Alleys, and a map to be named later. 

12 minutes ago, Fightwookies said:

Jabba’s palace will be the next to rotate out. They’re behind their previous quarterly schedule, but  Jabba’s will be gone for sure. I’d speculate that they do a figure pack from HotE next to make sure everyone has to buy all the new tiles. At this point, I don’t think they have time to also replace Nal Hutta, so Worlds is looking like Nal Hutta, Mos Eisley Back Alleys, and a map to be named later. 

My guess is Maul's map -- seems like everyone bought Palp already and Ahsoka's a fan favorite, so I'm guessing she already sells well. Giving people an excuse to buy Maul seems like a business strategy!

On 2/9/2018 at 12:55 PM, IamtheBendu said:

At least it's not just us. X-Wing, which we know isn't dying, hasn't had a new wave announcement either. I think Fantasy Flight is just focusing on Legion for the time being.

Yikes! I saw today's x-wing announcement and thought "our IA crew is going to lose it!". I see an IA coming soon. :P

25 minutes ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

Yikes! I saw today's x-wing announcement and thought "our IA crew is going to lose it!". I see an IA coming soon. :P

I thought the same, and got messages before even reading the new xwing announcement.  

I'm ok though, because I'm holding hope that the next IA announcement is going to be big, like Boba fix big.  

22 minutes ago, ImperialOfficer said:

I thought the same, and got messages before even reading the new xwing announcement.  

I'm ok though, because I'm holding hope that the next IA announcement is going to be big, like Boba fix big.  

I think we're next. And can you imagine? A fix is def coming and it would make sense to make it Boba.

It's Boba for sure.  It could be a villainy pack and fix Dengar too.  

But of course I want the Rebels box also.  

Kanan and Ezra for more force users. 

Zeb as a Rebel with creature trait. 

Sabine jet packing all over the place. 

Fulcrum and Kallus as a double sided deployment.  

Hondo for the scum to lead your set of Equays. 

So many possibilities.  

On 2/13/2018 at 2:40 PM, ImperialOfficer said:

It's Boba for sure.  It could be a villainy pack and fix Dengar too.  

But of course I want the Rebels box also.  

Kanan and Ezra for more force users. 

Zeb as a Rebel with creature trait. 

Sabine jet packing all over the place. 

Fulcrum and Kallus as a double sided deployment.  

Hondo for the scum to lead your set of Equays. 

So many possibilities.  

100% behind finishing the Star Wars Rebels crew.

To me, they make a lot of sense to have their own missions and map too. They can steal plans, destroy tech, etc.

I would love to see them all made. 

Edited by MattPetersen