JBar

Starting a Scarif table!

I got carried away at Michaels and Hobby Lobby and started building Scarif terrain. I have a bunch of Imperial Terrain crates on the way in the mail. For now, here are some lush vegetation. Next up I'll be making some palm trees and a gaming mat.

The bases are 1/4" MDF board. I then used Rustoleum texture spray to cover the bases in "sand." Then all it took was hot gluing in some vegetation and sprinkling home made flock to cover the hot glue.

GV4unpgl.jpg

KK5fugzl.jpg

9xeKdMQl.jpg

xuGdsKrl.jpg

Edited by JBar

Check out the 'Table inspiration/pics' thread which is on page 2 last I looked, there are a couple of great Scariff Tables on there (im using them myself as a guide for Scariff too)

22 hours ago, DarkTrooperZero said:

Looking good, how you plan on doing the water? 

I'm planning on painting a coast on one of the board edges about 3" deep. That way it can serve as a beach landing for Bolt Action minis.

16 hours ago, VAYASAN said:

Check out the 'Table inspiration/pics' thread which is on page 2 last I looked, there are a couple of great Scariff Tables on there (im using them myself as a guide for Scariff too)

Those look great! Too bad I don't use Facebook or I'd post on there.

5 hours ago, Lord Cedric said:

@Jbar - those vegetation pieces are from Michael's? I've been looking at aquarium stuff but, so far, nothing I've found looks right (unless I wanted to do a Gungan themed board.. and pass). 

Yep, everything you see there is from Michaels. They had lots more and I had to control myself from buying all their vegetation. It was all 40% off too!

On 2/10/2018 at 12:16 AM, JBar said:

I'm planning on painting a coast on one of the board edges about 3" deep. That way it can serve as a beach landing for Bolt Action minis.

Those look great! Too bad I don't use Facebook or I'd post on there.

Yep, everything you see there is from Michaels. They had lots more and I had to control myself from buying all their vegetation. It was all 40% off too!

I did the same thing for my Endor board. Michaels has some great stuff and there seem to always be sales.

Added palm trees

NQkSB8f.jpg

LQwLnB4.jpg

Here is the link. I love how they turned out. I gave them a dark brown wash and removed the mold lines and coconut balls.

I think I'm going to add some foliage to the palm tree bases. They look a little barren

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M1VFNH5/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518795515&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=miniature+palm+trees

Edited by JBar

New update, I bought a tie striker toy (not the one with the action figure, the smaller budget one) and I'm still building its landing pad. The X wing is Revell 85-1876 and it's only 1/72 ish scale but blends in pretty good when wrecked. The cargo pad is just wood with a Rustoleum grey gloss. I'm still working on painting the cargo boxes I got from a guy on the unofficial legion terrain facebook page.

pMe4ZMTl.jpg

3UYcWi5l.jpg

gJY3i5hl.jpg

Nb8ohuBl.jpg

BZYN3XPl.jpg

Edited by JBar