Sign in to follow this  
Sybreed

Nav officers with Arquittens?

5 hours ago, >kkj said:

What are you all talking about? Arquitens work perfectly in numbers. I have run 3 of them with Moff JJ successfuly and 4 or 5 of them with Vader are perfectly viable. I dont know what you guys were doing with that ship but its great.

I played against a raddus no squadron build, that consisted of 2 MC75 and 2 MC30s. Arquittens tend to not fare very well against black dice beasts, and they don't really have a way of escaping them.

6 hours ago, draco193 said:

Maybe they'll see more light with Thrawn?  Allow a consistent set of NAV commands and CF to flow in?

I also do wonder if Intensify Firepower helps them out significantly?  Guaranteed damage with either DTT or EA to bring up the potential. Still might be swingy though. 

my issue with has never been their damage ouput... it's always been how fragile they are and how hard it is to keep them safe.

I run two with jejjerod. Start at speed 2. Bank nav token turn 1. Then nail every other dial to CF. Works fine for what they are. Damage is incredibly swingy but they are good supporting fire for the isd and cheap enough that if they get run down by demo or admo you are still in the fight.

10 hours ago, BrobaFett said:

I tried arq's with nav teams..... I worked VERY hard to make it work.

As a matter of fact, I worked very hard to get any version of Arquitens to work. However, I wish I could get all that time I spent back. I love the ships aesthetically. However, I will firmly echo everyone else here. It simply doesn't work. They are too expensive to spam, and don't pump out enough consistent damage without becoming black holes for point upgrades.

At 54 points they START 3 higher than a TRC vette which already has redundant evades and an incomparably better nav chart. When you add Needa, TRC, Nav Teams, etc etc etc etc they just bloat and bloat, choking other options out of the list for very little upside in terms of damage output or survivability.

If you want to take an Arquitens, you either acknowledge they are sub-optimal and do it all the same (which I whole-heartedly encourage, but isn't going to win you a tournament) or you take 1 with Needa and TRC and realize you are paying 12 extra points for a less maneuverable TRC vette.

100% disagree.  I have been running a double arquitens backed up by an engine tech-less demolisher, and the fleet can literally fly circles around people with Jerjerrod.  

Throw in some aces for squad coverage and it’s a build I love playing and haven’t lost with yet in over 18 games.  Although the squads have been changing as I find the most optimal bang for my buck. 

Challenge accepted.

For what it's  worth, i am glad you enjoy it and are succeeding. Of course my experience is anecdotal, as is yours. I couldn't get them to do anything but die, and when I play against them, i usually consider them free points.

That said, different metas, different playstyles, good for people to see that there is more than one way to Amada.

Edited by BrobaFett

2 hours ago, BrobaFett said:

Challenge accepted.

For what it's  worth, i am glad you enjoy it and are succeeding. Of course my experience is anecdotal, as is yours. I couldn't get them to do anything but die, and when I play against them, i usually consider them free points.

That said, different metas, different playstyles, good for people to see that there is more than one way to Amada.

I will agree with you that they are a finesse ship and are tough to fly. 

But I think if you can learn to fly them, then they can be very effective.  

Also, I’ve flown my fleet against some of the best Fleets I can think of, like an Ackbar fish farm and other lists that have success regardless of meta, and I’ve still been able to beat those Fleets with my double arq list. 

Edited by n00bzilla99

I recently finished 4th in a Regional (11 players) with 2 Arquitens (ET, QBT).  

That said it is a love hate ship, the native movements are very difficult to get used to.  There is a reason why JJ comes with them as he helps them a lot.  Engine Techs had never worked for me before on an Aquitens but with Tarkin and Soverign giving them Nav Tokens every turn which allows you to queue up CF dials ET finally worked for me.

The trick is staying at long range, if you let your opponent get close to you your going to be in trouble and Yavaris Triple taps are very difficult to counter.  

I will say my first 2 matches were good matchups for the list, they brought no bombers and I was able to loop around them and stay at long range.  Third match did not go well with a Bomber list that ripped the Arquitens to shreds.

All that said I generally like the Arquitens, even in pairs.

Edited by Thrindal

6 hours ago, Sharego said:

I’m agree, but I think the same for all small (except Gladi) and mediums for empire 

I don't know. Maybe the Interdictor, but I feel everything else is priced effectively. I used to think the 12 point difference between Vics is annoying but Dcaps changes that.

I run one as a finisher in a list with Ozzel, demo, and some raiders. He works great starting at speed one and hanging at the back of the fleet. He has more than once put the final nail in the coffin of an enemy ship that thought it had escaped to safety. It's also nice as he is a deceptively unimportant part of my fleet (except for holding my admiral) and my opponents often devote too many resources to destroying him. Allowing the rest of my fleet to wreak havoc. It is a bit more fragile than I'd like though.