Boom Owl

OCX Radio is the second best X-Wing podcast

2 hours ago, Estarriol said:

I’m guessing you provide your opponent with beer until they forget how to play or pass out.

I feel like that's an effective tactic against most lists, assuming you don't run out of beer or money before they forget how to play.

Just now, Boom Owl said:

Challenge Accepted. What is the most fun game of X-Wing you have ever played? 

....my brain can't answer that right now....I'll get back to you tomorrow on that while I try to sleep, but instead get stuck staying awake thinking about every XWing game I possibly ever played....

3 minutes ago, RStan said:

....my brain can't answer that right now....I'll get back to you tomorrow on that while I try to sleep, but instead get stuck staying awake thinking about every XWing game I possibly ever played....

Mission Accomplished. 

11 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Challenge Accepted. What is the most fun game of X-Wing you have ever played? 

I don't remember the total specifics but it ended up with a 1 health carnor jax vs 2 full health tlt ywings. Carnor FTW. Opponent also had a missle based ndru build that was nuked in one turn before he got a shot. But the real meat was Carnor dumstering two TLT's while being on total fire himself. 

Kyle Katarn, Ibitsam, and Wedge vs 4 Interceptors played by Chad Hoefle. I had just won the tournament and was on cloud 9. This guy from out of town, I never got to play against him so we decided to play after a quick lunch. 

This was the first game I had ever really employed a blocking technique. I was causing mayhem with Ibitsam while the rest brought the pain. I ended up winning which I thought was going to be impossible. Great game, great opponent.

Afterwards he gets in contact with me about this charity event he wants to put together. Turns out that game was part of the beginning of the Campaign Against Cancer and was the game that eventually caused Cryodex to be made.

Last nights show was some of the most entertaining podcasting I've watched.  That was just a lot of fun.  Major shout out to the Ladies of X-wing and putting up with you guys for 3+ hours!  Between last nights show and the teaser of drunken astromech you got my filthy internet dollars subscribed today.  :D

Ladies night needs to be a recurring theme!

The forums have let us down, it's all up to the groupies these days. They clearly don't understand the importance of the 2nd best X-Wing podcast thread. It should be the 2nd most important thread on these forums. 

How does it go?

Everything is fine.... Thweek... Drink... Thweek Get Another Beer! Thweek Coaches head is a bobbin. One whiskey two whiskey ... Seven whiskey floor?