Boom Owl

OCX Radio is the second best X-Wing podcast

For reference, the Krayts (and other podcasts) helped draft stuff for a league Coach is doing. He lost with a list they claimed to be fool proof. So they stated he's either bad or he's cheating to make the Krayts choices lose. I feel like it's not easy to run a randomly built and unconventional list so losing with it on a casual night isn't all that mindblowing. Hardly fool proof without practice. From anyone else, I might take "OCX is bad" as an insult, but from the Krayts where "Person/State/Country is bad" is their version of "um" it's easy enough to shrug it off with a half assed forced chuckle so I don't feel so bad posting LOL without at least trying.

1 hour ago, Killerardvark said:

the Krayts where "Person/State/Country is bad" is their version of "um" it's easy enough to shrug it off with a half assed forced chuckle so I don't feel so bad posting LOL without at least trying.

accurate

I MEAN OUR JOKES ARE FRESH AND NEW AND YOU SHOULD ENJOY THEM

4 hours ago, Killerardvark said:

For reference, the Krayts (and other podcasts) helped draft stuff for a league Coach is doing. He lost with a list they claimed to be fool proof. So they stated he's either bad or he's cheating to make the Krayts choices lose. I feel like it's not easy to run a randomly built and unconventional list so losing with it on a casual night isn't all that mindblowing. Hardly fool proof without practice. From anyone else, I might take "OCX is bad" as an insult, but from the Krayts where "Person/State/Country is bad" is their version of "um" it's easy enough to shrug it off with a half assed forced chuckle so I don't feel so bad posting LOL without at least trying.

Yeah but the Krayts consistently struggle with Kimogilas don't they?

they were saying that a kimo list beat their Miranda in a joust in episode 50, and now their list lost again to Kimos... 

coincidence? I think not

Edited by Quadjumper King

1 hour ago, Quadjumper King said:

Yeah but the Krayts consistently struggle with Kimogilas don't they?

they were saying that a kimo list beat their Miranda in a joust in episode 50, and now their list lost again to Kimos... 

coincidence? I think not

Was going to make a Kimo-therapy pun, but I think saying getting wrecked by “Gillazilla” is more fun.

So, seriously, can we stop complaining so much about the Ghost Fenn list now? Yes it's **** good, no it's not crushing X-Wing so hard that there's no counter play. I'm actually having a lot of fun discussing the counter play with people. Prolly the most fun and interesting counter play discussion I've had in a good few metas.

Thank you OCX folks for being super fun and wholesome!

44 minutes ago, Killerardvark said:

So, seriously, can we stop complaining so much about the Ghost Fenn list now? Yes it's **** good, no it's not crushing X-Wing so hard that there's no counter play. I'm actually having a lot of fun discussing the counter play with people. Prolly the most fun and interesting counter play discussion I've had in a good few metas.

Thank you OCX folks for being super fun and wholesome!

Ultimately the greatest counter to lists like Ghost/Fenn is that most people just get super bored using it and move on after having success with it. 

I wonder if that same basic issue led to the reduced presence of Ego, Wookies, and I assume Trip Defenders or Quad TLT.

All that stuff still pops up and dominates at pretty much every tournament but in fewer #s. 

I guess this is due to most X-Wing players actually having a preference for using fun things?

Edited by Boom Owl