Boom Owl

OCX Radio is the second best X-Wing podcast

Posted (edited)

Surprisingly, I don't drink beer while I play X-Wing much, just a giant bottle of water. Usually happens if I have a bye the first round or after the whole event. 51K IPA was a pretty good choice at my last event I had a first round bye. 

Edited by RStan

10 hours ago, sirjorj said:

I got a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel today - it is very nice.  I know I've heard it mentioned on the show before so thanks for the recommendation!

Four Roses is typically pretty great.  I like that their Yellow Label is not-boring cheap bourbon, too.  Something like Evan Williams or Jack Daniels (notabourbon) are kinda one-note, but for something fairly mellow and not very strong (as whisky goes), it's got depth.

I've got some distillery-only Single Barrels I've been working through.  Barrel-strength 10 and 12 year old.  Really nice stuff.

On 6/14/2019 at 2:00 PM, RStan said:

This seems like an appropriate topic for this thread....

What is your drink of choice while you play X-Wing? 

1. Water
  2. Kickstart (fruit punch)
  3. Beer of whatever type once I'm knocked out of running

Also:

1. Beer of whatever type during any Hangar Bay

On 6/13/2019 at 5:45 PM, RStan said:

Im planning on putting Hera on the board soon and try out a few games with her. Likely trying what @Boom Owl has done recently (Hera/Luke/Wedge).

Anything/Luke/Wedge is probably playable, especially with 4 attack dice.

With the expectation that the points update will be fully out for tomorrow (minus wave 4) expect a episode with way more content than usual...Coach might have to compensate by drinking more than usual too...

2nd best podcast is back baby! Although there are rumors that the naming rights to Mynock Squadron Podcast is up for grabs..... may be another rebranding coming down the pipeline :)

1 minute ago, MegaSilver said:

I can't find them on podbean!

Nor can I find The Zach Matthew's new podcast either.

Don't tell anyone but we're kind of a fake meme podcast anyway, and we haven't done an episode in forever :) 

I think the podcast was spawned somewhere around page 400 of the Krayt thread out of the joke that all X-Wing players eventually will be on a podcast. I swear there's more podcasts than people who even play this game... 

1 minute ago, Kieransi said:

Don't tell anyone but we're kind of a fake meme podcast anyway, and we haven't done an episode in forever :) 

I think the podcast was spawned somewhere around page 400 of the Krayt thread out of the joke that all X-Wing players eventually will be on a podcast. I swear there's more podcasts than people who even play this game... 

Yeah, podcasters are the worst.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

...all X-Wing players eventually will be on a podcast.

Probably true - I ended up on Salt Mines completely by accident once!

Edited by sirjorj

The best part of podcasts is the community they create, that's why I love OCX. 

It's not that hard to record yourself talking and stick it on the internet, actually engaging the community and furthering people's enjoyment of the game is an immense skill that I have a deep respect for