Sign in to follow this  
strandh

How long is it between waves?

Hi FFG Forums, fresh user here, recently jumped into X-Wing with a bunch of my friends and absolutely loving it so far.
For now I have a quick question, and I have tried googling and forum searching without finding any answers, so here goes:

About how long does it usually take between new waves of miniatures? I am in no hurry to get new stuff, and I also realise FFG is pushing pretty hard for Legion at the moment, so it might take a while for the next wave to drop.
That it's not the same time period every time is also quite obvious. :) 

Thanks guys and gals and everyone in between!

A very rough average is 2 waves a year since 2012, with some sort of pack as a separate expansion (one of the ace/vet expansions, heroes of the resistance, etc). in addition, the epic ships come when they please, maybe one a year (there have been only 5). personally I'm expecting the next wave to drop around late may-june, after worlds. hope this helps.

3 hours ago, Jrjbaj said:

A very rough average is 2 waves a year since 2012, with some sort of pack as a separate expansion (one of the ace/vet expansions, heroes of the resistance, etc). in addition, the epic ships come when they please, maybe one a year (there have been only 5). personally I'm expecting the next wave to drop around late may-june, after worlds. hope this helps.

Answers it perfectly, cheers. :)

On 2018-02-07 at 10:21 PM, ScummyRebel said:

I would say expect something May-June, because Solo movie tie in. Otherwise it can be as late as July or August.

Then there is usually something that drops right before the holidays (like a week or two tops) in December. 

Duly noted.

On 2018-02-07 at 11:13 PM, Ralgon said:

Expect whatever it is to be announced and have display case shots of the models on the interwebz the week following adepitcon, latest.

Adepticon, all right, of course it would be there. 
Although I'm coming from WMH and 40k my brain doesn't seem to see the obvious places for things like this. 

On 2018-02-08 at 12:47 AM, Synthetix said:

5a6a78c96a607_ScreenShot2018-01-25at4_32

graph credit to reddit.com/u/aPoliteCanadian

This is excellent, thank you very much for this.