Jump to content
dsnowak

Any Armada tournaments in Australia in August?

Recommended Posts

I’m going to be in Canberra for most of August for work, and I was hoping to play in a tournament while there and meet more members of this great community.  For a big enough tournament, I’m willing to go to Sydney or Melbourne.  Is anything scheduled?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/02/2018 at 2:25 PM, dsnowak said:

I’m going to be in Canberra for most of August for work, and I was hoping to play in a tournament while there and meet more members of this great community.  For a big enough tournament, I’m willing to go to Sydney or Melbourne.  Is anything scheduled?

There is something being organised in melbourne i believe, tournament scene over here in australia is somewhat hard to find info on unless u go trolling through facebook and online lmao. If you do find something let me know please!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orange is about 2.5 hours north of Canberra - we have a small group of players that are quite keen. No tournament organised, but that doesn’t mean we can’t play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/02/2018 at 2:25 PM, dsnowak said:

I’m going to be in Canberra for most of August for work, and I was hoping to play in a tournament while there and meet more members of this great community.  For a big enough tournament, I’m willing to go to Sydney or Melbourne.  Is anything scheduled?

August is generally the time Nationals for Australia will be run, so be on the lookout for that!

Not really sure where it will be held at, it was in QLD for one year and Sydney for two years, so maybe Melbourne will be the next place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’ll want to join the FB groups for armada Australia and or Sydney to get proper updates. 

 

Canberra kinda died at the wave 2 stage of armada sadly and the whole gaming community took a massive hit with the closure of their biggest game store recently so you might be out of luck. You’d have a better chance in Melbourne, orange or Sydney. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm living in Brissie at the moment (haven't been there long enough to get a game in yet, or even know where to play), but I have been in Canberra temporarily since March and a mate and I have managed to reignite a bit of an Armada community at Jolt Games in Mitchell. 
A few of us have been getting a game or two in each week and we have even got a 4 person campaign going. We had interest from 6-8 players, but we had some newer players in our inner circle, so wanted to keep it in house for now to get them up to speed. The ADFWGA's ANZAC Cup last month saw a 6 player rapid campaign too, but that was run by one of the regulars from Games Cube in Parramatta, NSW.

As mentioned above, the Facebook page for Canberra Armada is your best bet for getting a game sorted. I'm confident there will be enough players to get player packs for events at Jolt too - Just need to mention it to the store TO to drop a FB post on the Jolt/Canberra Armada FB Page and it'll likely happen - maybe even in August! 

In a similar vein - where's the best spot for the Armada Community in Brisbane? I'm sure I'll be at home for a week or two at some stage this year... maybe.

I'd be keen for that thing in Melbourne too though... would that be for PAX? Or standalone event?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mundo said:

Bringing the thread back to life! I am in Canberra for a few weeks until 27 July, and am looking for games. Back in September. However, no luck yet in joining the Armada Canberra FB groups... seems to be admin-less.

Dialling up the thread posters - any luck with playing Armada in Canberra?

@DrJonesJnr

@dsnowak

@DrakonLord

@beefcake4000

No community there that I know of, sorry mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mundo said:

Bringing the thread back to life! I am in Canberra for a few weeks until 27 July, and am looking for games. Back in September. However, no luck yet in joining the Armada Canberra FB groups... seems to be admin-less.

Dialling up the thread posters - any luck with playing Armada in Canberra?

@DrJonesJnr

@dsnowak

@DrakonLord

@beefcake4000

Nope, sorry but dont want to travel couple hours to Canberra.

 

If you happen to be on the central coast on a wednesday at 6.30, we play at the games shop erina fair.

 

I know theres the fly casual guys down in melbourne somewhere (??) and theres a warhammer/40k group down in sydney that plays Xwing and armada also, but canberra seems dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DrakonLord said:

Nope, sorry but dont want to travel couple hours to Canberra.

 

If you happen to be on the central coast on a wednesday at 6.30, we play at the games shop erina fair.

 

I know theres the fly casual guys down in melbourne somewhere (??) and theres a warhammer/40k group down in sydney that plays Xwing and armada also, but canberra seems dead.

That’s fair - just looked up Erina Fair and it’s quite a drive to/from Canberra!!  Hopefully meet at a tournament in Sydney some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mundo said:

That’s fair - just looked up Erina Fair and it’s quite a drive to/from Canberra!!  Hopefully meet at a tournament in Sydney some time.

Yea 4-6hrs hehehe

 

You can see why i dont go to Canberra ?

Hope to see you at a tournament sometime too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According the the S.C. thread, the Games Cube S.C. in Parramatta is supposed to be on 4 August, but I don’t see anything listed on the Games Cube FB page or website.  Is this S.C. happening that day?  If so I might come up from Canberra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...