47.) Z-95 (Scum)

48.) HWK-290 (Rebel)

49.) G1-A

50.) Firespray-31 (Imp)

51.) TIE Interceptor

52.) TIE Phantom

53.) U-Wing

54.) TIE Punisher

So half of this list is IMP, including 3 TIEs.  Not a conspiracy at all.

Useless ships by faction.

Rebels

X wing, y wing, a wing, b wing, hwk290, e wing, z95, arc170, u wing, stolen tie, resistance bomber, wookie gunship. 

Imperials

Tie fighter, advanced, bomber, interceptor, aggressor, phantom, punisher, striker, defender, adv prototype, FO fighter, shuttle, upsilon shuttle, firespray.

Scum

Z95, y wing, hwk290, firespray, scyk, khirraxz, star viper, g1a, aggressor, quad jumper.

So yeah 36 ships are competitively garbage and only worth upgrade cards in that sense. They need some x wing 2.0 or to stop releasing new ships and go back and rerelease the old ships with new pilots and upgrades to help them out.

6 minutes ago, RedAce said:

Rebels

X wing, y wing, a wing, b wing, hwk290, e wing, z95, arc170, u wing, stolen tie, resistance bomber, wookie gunship. 

Imperials

Tie fighter, advanced, bomber, interceptor, aggressor, phantom, punisher, striker, defender, adv prototype, FO fighter, shuttle, upsilon shuttle, firespray.

Scum

Z95, y wing, hwk290, firespray, scyk, khirraxz, star viper, g1a, aggressor, quad jumper.

Rex in the Rebel TIE is widely regarded as a great pilot. Currently he's eclipsed in the Kanan pairing by Fenn, but he remains an excellent piece of 14 point filler in almost any list. The ARC-170 (especially norra) represents the double-arc tank of the faction, and has useful roles that, again, aren't currently in favour but are still quite good.

The Defender is a fantastic ship and always will be. Rainbow TIE/Ds are coming into their own with the prevalence of AGI 1 ships in the meta. THe TIE/fo has always only had one good pilot - Omega Leader - who has been and probably always will be the ultimate endgame ace.

The Kihraxz is, again, not in vogue at the moment but is an excellent ship with its fix title.

2 hours ago, RedAce said:

Rebels

Imperials

Scum

So yeah 36 ships are competitively garbage and only worth upgrade cards in that sense. They need some x wing 2.0 or to stop releasing new ships and go back and rerelease the old ships with new pilots and upgrades to help them out.

Massive hyperbole. Most of these ships listed have niches and even recent tournament results. Imps are the most inflated in your list, TIE Fighters are always going to have a place as filler, the Advanced, Striker, Defender and Advanced Prototype from what I can see are still getting decent results in very recent regionals, Lambda always has Palp to be relevant, and even the Punisher of all things managed to get a top 16 showing in a regional. This is "unplayable/useless", which only describes ships that are outclassed in every way. Even the Imperial Firespray has a small niche I've discovered that can't be recreated with another ship. Atleast 3 "useless ships" on there won regionals: a Lambda, Scum Firespray, and of all things to claim as "useless", an Auzituck Gunship.

Could a lot of these ships struggle in the current meta? Certainly. Are they useless and unplayable? Most are not.

Edited by Enigami

10 hours ago, RedAce said:

They need some x wing 2.0 or to stop releasing new ships and go back and rerelease the old ships with new pilots and upgrades to help them out.

They won’t do it but I 100% agree with this. Not really an aces pack either as I’m pretty confident at this point that many if not most people who’d want fixes for older ships already have a stack of them. What would be sweet is say something like a punisher pack with an alt paint punisher and then included are pilots for a mixed handful of ties. Rebels could do the same thing with an xwing pack and pilots for a’s, b’s, y’s etc.

Pretty much do most wanted sets instead of ace packs. Spread the love, if you won’t do card packs then grab bag pilots and upgrades. It solves card pack dilemma while keeping their core selling stance intact. Everyone wins for once.

Edited by LordFajubi

You know, I realy enjoy flying Xizor in his StarViper, and I know that people dont like all the Vipers that much but I think they are great...

So whats my point? Fly what you like, buy what you like. Especially if you play casual with a friend or brother. Don't forget that this game is just a boardgame (for most people; and at the least for me) so remember that!

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:01 AM, Vordyn said:

Current bottom 11 ships on meta-wing.com

44.) A-Wing

45.) Upsilon-class Shuttle

46.) B-Wing

47.) Z-95 (Scum)

48.) HWK-290 (Rebel)

49.) G1-A

50.) Firespray-31 (Imp)

51.) TIE Interceptor

52.) TIE Phantom

53.) U-Wing

54.) TIE Punisher

TBF I think the Upsilon has TONS of hidden potential yet to be unlocked by the X-wing group think.  So much fun to fly. Looks sweet, especially with a paint job! Customizable kit.  Probably my favorite ship in the game!

Mark my words there will come a time were the meta-wing lie of the Upsilon will be revealed and they will crash to Top 20, maybe even top 10!

Thanks for the feedback.  Been some interesting discussion and it has highlighted as we all know that there are problems, but this will be noticed more in a competitive environment rather than in a fun casual environment.  I find it funny that some have mentioned recently release ships as being DOA.

1 hour ago, Gibbilo said:

TBF I think the Upsilon has TONS of hidden potential yet to be unlocked by the X-wing group think.  So much fun to fly. Looks sweet, especially with a paint job! Customizable kit.  Probably my favorite ship in the game!

Mark my words there will come a time were the meta-wing lie of the Upsilon will be revealed and they will crash to Top 20, maybe even top 10!

A upsilon specific tech slot upgrade that let you delay your action until the end of the activation phase might help.

On 2/7/2018 at 6:42 AM, Astech said:

Quadjumpers are perfectly viable when paired with cloaking device and Cikatro, especially Unkar and the gunrunner.

My list of truly useless ships at the moment is as follows, and is defined as ships that are eclipsed in their role by other builds doing the same thing better/cheaper/more reliably.

B-Wing
E-wing
HWK-290
U-Wing
T-65 X-wing
YT-1300
Y-wing (except maybe stress bot)

Firespray (despite a phenomenal player winning a regional recently with one)
TIE Advanced (even vader)
TIE Advaced Prototype
TIE Bomber
TIE Fighter (except as filler)
TIE Interceptor
TIE Phantom
Upsilon Shuttle

Aggressor
G1-A
Kimogila
M3-A Interceptor
Starviper (except the amazingly fun Thweek)
YV-666

All these ships have nice gimmicks and synergies, but they're simply eclipsed by other ships that do the same - or incredibly similar - things far better.

Funny thing you put almost all of my favorite ships from Scum there! :lol: