Green Knight

I Have You Now - New (and opinionated) Armada blog

Yeah, I think so. It's a rare occasion of something doesn't get acced dead thanks to Jonus. Between him and my other defense token mitigation I have a great deal of control over probability of killing.

He also is a black bomber - and has grit. Dengar and three bombers with grit. A small, but sometimes important edge.

But really CRIS is likely the right objective for this list. So it's PS, not Jonus, that's in the wrong place ?

2 hours ago, Doppelganger said:

Which brings me to the question: what do you do with your Thrawn list against Raddus? How das that game plan look?

The only really Interesting Vader lists I have seen are those by @rasproteusand @duck_bird.

Depends on the type of Raddus list. But with the squads and your mobility you're generally less poorly equipped vs Raddus than most (I've tossed out a lot of lists bc of poor Raddus matchups). If they have an MSU style fleet they might catch the Quasar, but its cheap, so u have to make sure you kill more of theirs with your squads.

I have some Cymoon, (Demo), Arc, Arc, Goz, in different configurations that look fun. I even tried one out, and rolling 4 red, 2 blue, 2 black (CF) vs an assault frigate at short range was real fun. Didn't really need Vader lol. But it also revealed my lack of experience with formation flying Arqs.  Not sure I have time to remedy that.

Edited by Green Knight

6 hours ago, Green Knight said:

We had a discussion on Discord re Thrawn and clearing raid tokens: https://armadaihaveyounow.blogspot.com/2018/10/thrawn-dials-and-clearing-raid-tokens.html

#raidOP

#ThrawnOP

#lolz

By your same logic, the liaison officers and "change command" officers would also be able to trigger off Thrawn's dial, would they not? Until it's further clarified, I'd tend toward RAW. So far, the FAQ explicitly states tokens can be gained, nothing past that.

31 minutes ago, Astrodar said:

By your same logic, the liaison officers and "change command" officers would also be able to trigger off Thrawn's dial, would they not? Until it's further clarified, I'd tend toward RAW. So far, the FAQ explicitly states tokens can be gained, nothing past that.

Perhaps.

Would this be problematic in any way?

1 hour ago, Green Knight said:

Perhaps.

Would this be problematic in any way?

Commanding Officer: "Grand Admiral Thrawn, the greatest tactician in the Empire, has told us to prepare to navigate."

Liaison: "No, no, no... I'm sure he meant concentrate fire. Definitely. He definitely meant prepare to concentrate fire. Do that."