Green Knight

I Have You Now - New (and opinionated) Armada blog

The blog has some new content.

Looking at some (really) old cards.

Plus a series about be re-learning the game, understanding the meta, and preparing for the tournament "season" (there will be 2, 1 SC and Nationals): 

https://armadaihaveyounow.blogspot.com/2018/08/prepping-for-sc-2018-season.html

https://armadaihaveyounow.blogspot.com/2018/08/prepping-for-sc-2018-season-part-2.html

I made a Konstantine fleet for the Vassal Autumn Tourney.

Read about it first on I Have You Now: https://armadaihaveyounow.blogspot.com/2018/09/trials-of-konstnatine.html

When this fleet wrecks everybody @Ginkapo will realize he should never have abandoned the K-man and he'll start experimenting heavily with Konstantine raiders again.

Edited by Green Knight

53 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

I made a Konstantine fleet for the Vassal Autumn Tourney.

Read about it first on I Have You Now: https://armadaihaveyounow.blogspot.com/2018/09/trials-of-konstnatine.html

When this fleet wrecks everybody @Ginkapo will realize he should never have abandoned the K-man and he'll start experimenting heavily with Konstantine raiders again.

The biggest problem I have when running Special K is that at the moment he triggers (range 5) the enemy is quite likely at a speedlevel /navigational position/ nav token pool that he can cope with Konstantine. 

Because of this, I am entertaining a fleet that tries to fix a bad Fleet Commander with bad squadrons: the Gauntlet! Especially with the Vector title (and some help from Titus+Grav Well) you can harass enemy ships early  in a way that they are already in an less than optimal spot, when Special K starts to give 'em his treatment. 

3 minutes ago, Darth Veggie said:

The biggest problem I have when running Special K is that at the moment he triggers (range 5) the enemy is quite likely at a speedlevel /navigational position/ nav token pool that he can cope with Konstantine. 

Because of this, I am entertaining a fleet that tries to fix a bad Fleet Commander with bad squadrons: the Gauntlet! Especially with the Vector title (and some help from Titus+Grav Well) you can harass enemy ships early  in a way that they are already in an less than optimal spot, when Special K starts to give 'em his treatment. 

Gar is ok - at best. Generic Gauntlets suck bad.

Striking far forward with them only makes it worse - they get very dead very fast.

Unless ur up against squadless. In which case Gar would be ok, but not that many fleets are squadless.

1 minute ago, Green Knight said:

If u read the wall of text I try to explain: he's a good anti-squad ftr.

He's cheap. Has scatter. Draws attention. Can splash.

Right, there was an article.... so to speak an elaborate explanation with words of the concept in question...

Man I am just out of it today :D

Just now, Doppelganger said:

Right, there was an article.... so to speak an elaborate explanation with words of the concept in question...

Man I am just out of it today :D

I know it's not ideal. He wants Intel oc. But the Ciena + Valen combo has let me down before. And a Lambda or Jonus would just be trying too much. So I settled on Mauler for being cheap n effective.

14 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

I know it's not ideal. He wants Intel oc. But the Ciena + Valen combo has let me down before. And a Lambda or Jonus would just be trying too much. So I settled on Mauler for being cheap n effective.

Well, no Squadron presence at that point level is ideal.

That was a great read! Just one question: why do you consider Sloane dead in the current meta? I realize she's more vulnerable to Slicers than Thrawn is but it just means you go for the slicers first. They typically don't last that long if you can spend their scatters.

24 minutes ago, Lightrock said:

That was a great read! Just one question: why do you consider Sloane dead in the current meta? I realize she's more vulnerable to Slicers than Thrawn is but it just means you go for the slicers first. They typically don't last that long if you can spend their scatters.

There are many reasons, but what made Sloane truly shine was a combination of several things:

- unlimited relay

- unlimited number of Gozanti

- no tabling wo Gozanti

This gave me an unprecedented number of drops and activations. I could activate squads en masse with the ISD w/Boosted Comms/Jendon, or just use my Gozanti as the situation warranted. It was essentially immune to slicers, as the only slicer fleets were squad light, and then the Gozanti could just do the job.

Now u get fewer drops and activations, which really hurt. There is real risk of tabling. Raddus exists.

I could go on. But in sum Sloane had taken several blows that have reduced her from a AAA rating, to just being ok.

But I don't do ok, so I consider her mostly useless ATM.

1 hour ago, Lightrock said:

Ahh, I see. 

Well, after Ginkapo won euro swiss with 41 pts and about 250 MoV advantage over the 2nd player, I considered her to still be a part of the top tier league, although I haven't played her personally since the flotilla nerf. 

Even I admit that that was more Pryce than Sloane. 

12 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

Even I admit that that was more Pryce than Sloane. 

7 minutes ago, Darth Veggie said:

Pryce - the only 7 point fleet commander in the game! ?

TBH I'm at a point where I have to think really hard about a concept if I'm not taking Pryce or Bail...