Green Knight

I Have You Now - New (and opinionated) Armada blog

29 minutes ago, Darth Veggie said:

I have experimented lately with a fleet that actually makes good use of the chair swapping ability of the Profundity:

Let's Switch Chairs! (379/400)
====================
MC75 Ordnance Cruiser (100 + 59)
+ Admiral Raddus (26)
+ Major Derlin (7)
+ Ordnance Experts (4)
+ Early Warning System (7)
+ External Racks (3)
+ Assault Proton Torpedoes (5)
+ Profundity (7)
MC75 Ordnance Cruiser (100 + 23)
+ Skilled First Officer (1)
+ Ordnance Experts (4)
+ Electronic Countermeasures (7)
+ Assault Proton Torpedoes (5)
+ External Racks (3)
+ Aspiration (3)
CR90 Corvette A (44 + 10)
+ Medical Team (1)
+ Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (7)
+ Jaina's Light (2)
GR-75 Medium Transports (18 + 3)
+ Comms Net (2)
+ Quantum Storm (1)
2 x A-wing Squadron (2 x 11)
Most Wanted
Solar Corona
Jamming Barrier

This fleet ardently needs to go first. Jaina goes into Profundity and Aspiration goes into Raddus. The basic idea is to increase Raddus threat range to insanity levels by first dropping Jaina, then using the increased drop range of Jaina to drop Aspiration. Raddus and Derlin switch chairs to Jaina. Now, Jaina activates first and flies away to safety. If my opponent activates now his big hitter in order to avoid the Aspiration double arc, he has to go into close range of profundity.

I have played this fleet twice on Vassal. Both times a win. The second time against @BrobaFett's new worlds fleet (I won't tell you what it is :P). However, I am pretty sure I won't win a second time against him with this fleet. And this fleet is in essence a casual one trick pony. BUT it is fun to see this trick going off the ground! :D

Nice list.

Whihc reminds me I forgot to even mention this tactic: it was the first use of Profundity/Raddus I even encountered, but I haven't seen it used much of late.

36 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Nice list.

Whihc reminds me I forgot to even mention this tactic: it was the first use of Profundity/Raddus I even encountered, but I haven't seen it used much of late.

This list has even a further advantage: I can justify that I have bought two profundities and don't feel to be tricked by FFG into buying two expansions merely because of the stupid upgrade card distribution of wave 7 :D

Some musings around wave 8 and the coming FAQ: https://armadaihaveyounow.blogspot.no/2018/04/wave-8-is-coming-hear-faq-roar.html

First in a series about customizing the CC: https://armadaihaveyounow.blogspot.no/2018/04/corellian-conflict-customizing.html

Tomorrow I will post the Thrawn article, which is the final Upgrade article for wave 7. I'll then start adding older stuff, in whatever order pleases me.

21 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

I was thinking about the Neb-B and Support Teams, so I wrote about Medical Team and why it doesn't see much table time: https://armadaihaveyounow.blogspot.no/2018/04/wave-4-upgrades-medical-team.html

The Interdictor has 2 contains though. Medical teams seem even less useful on those.

9 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Too harsh?

But if I take a Dictor, Brunson seems so much better than DCO, esp with scramblers.

Same as DCO on the MC75 - Lando seems a better option, even with 2 contain.

Agreed, Brunson is the primary choice, unless you somehow know you are facing a crit fleet.

DCO might edge it out on the Combat Refit where you don’t have Grav Shift Reroute to help get the obstacles in a good place.

And if you are running multiples, you can only have one Brunson.