Green Knight

I Have You Now - New (and opinionated) Armada blog

6 hours ago, Snipafist said:

Which is why Imperial squadron-heavy has won every Worlds, clearly. Oh wait, wrong faction.

I'm not saying Mauler isn't dumb. He is. It's just Ten Numb is arguably even dumber and at that point FFG should've known better.

6 hours ago, Green Knight said:

Not.

But the point is, if Mithel is bad, why make more opness to 'counter'?

Rebels more often than not include Toryn, Adar, Ten and Yavaris.

Almost all imp list with squads will include mithel.

This is very sad.

First worlds squads were "bad." An A-Wing swarm won in an extremely squadron light meta. I'm sure the actual champ can come on and remind us all of what he fought against, but I'm guessing it did not include an Imperial Aces build since they "sucked" at the time. Second worlds was won by a Y-Wing swarm at a time when squadrons were first starting to be accepted, but most Imps were still running primarily DeMSU. An Imperial air superiority list I think would have given both JJ and Brik a challenge. It just also sucked at doing any kind of ship damage in a pre-Sloane world. I never said that Imperial air superiority was a good build, merely that it could wipe a Rebel wing with the same investment in squadrons. Third Worlds and beyond had CC.

I'm not saying Mauler is dumb either. They're fine in my mind. Every time I hear someone argue Numb's broken because he can trigger three times in a turn with Adar and Yavaris, I laugh a little bit because I have never actually seen it on the board. He still needs to trigger that blue crit on two dice. And don't tell me flight controllers makes it three, because I never see flight controllers anymore. They both do something important: screw with the balls of doom that group up in tight formation for synergy. 

Also, squadrons are so last wave. Why are we even still talking about them? Haven't you heard? JJ and I proved squadrons suck now =D

1 minute ago, BrobaFett said:

@Tokra

How many times can ten numb activate in one round?

The best you can get is 3 attacks, with two activations. First with Adar Talon, and after it two attacks with Yavaris.

You can as well use Adar on the yavaris. Doing the two attacks first and make him ready again, for a 3rd attack after it. But the other way is way better.

First things first, although we never met in person in one of the European Events, this feels like a huge loss. I always enjoyed your fun and candid style and seemed to see you twink whenever I read. 

I allow myself to say that the VWC played the largest role in this, and thats hugely unfortunate (although Biggs is right to follow his rules)...I have no solution and offering my place likely wouldnt help.

I certainly agree with the criticism vs FFG, release schedule and handling of Kits are really sub par. I still think there is a fair chance that Armada wont continue after the SSD and maybe one final Rebel expansion.

I sincerely hope I still have the chance to meet you in person and that you reverse course at some time to stay the valuable member of this community that you are. 

26 minutes ago, NebulonB said:

First things first, although we never met in person in one of the European Events, this feels like a huge loss. I always enjoyed your fun and candid style and seemed to see you twink whenever I read. 

I allow myself to say that the VWC played the largest role in this, and thats hugely unfortunate (although Biggs is right to follow his rules)...I have no solution and offering my place likely wouldnt help.

I certainly agree with the criticism vs FFG, release schedule and handling of Kits are really sub par. I still think there is a fair chance that Armada wont continue after the SSD and maybe one final Rebel expansion.

I sincerely hope I still have the chance to meet you in person and that you reverse course at some time to stay the valuable member of this community that you are. 

Maybe Poland 🇵🇱

Can't guarantee anything atm