Sign in to follow this  
Daht

World's applications are up

Under Registration details (not easy to find)...

When you apply for a game with multiple Day 1 events, you are not applying for a specific day. Your day will be assigned. Your application for other games will not be taken into consideration.

It goes on to say that there is a procedure for swapping days if you want to switch days and you can find another player to switch with.

Edited by RobertK

6 hours ago, Ardaedhel said:

Last year was 5 rounds with the whole field of Swiss over 2 days, then cut to--I'm pretty sure--top 4. It was either cut to top 4 or top 8, I was so far out of it by that point that I kind of lost track... :D

And this is a way better format.

This several seats is a rather bad system. And i was so happy that they changed it for the worlds 2017. And now they are going back to the (stupid) system with Seat 1 and Seat 2.

It is even more fun in X-Wing. There are 3 days, with 3 seats. And a cut for Top 16. How are they going to do it? The best overal? Not really fair or logical system. You could be 4th in your seat, and still not be in the top 16, because the other two seats have player with higher score.

This whole X seats is (imo) a bad system. But it seems we have to live with it again.

2 hours ago, Green Knight said:

Let me see if I understand this correctly:

There are two SEPARATE days of Swiss, where you attend just one.

Doesn't matter which one I pick?

Unknown number of rounds. Five maybe? Four?

Then top 2 each day go to play elimination rounds.

Seems the same as it was 2016. Two days, two seats, 4 rounds in each, top 2 of each seat go to top 4.
And it does not matter if one seat has 50 player and the second has only 30. Same rounds, same cut.

3 hours ago, RobertK said:

Under Registration details (not easy to find)...

When you apply for a game with multiple Day 1 events, you are not applying for a specific day. Your day will be assigned. Your application for other games will not be taken into consideration.

It goes on to say that there is a procedure for swapping days if you want to switch days and you can find another player to switch with.

This is really a strange system. If i have a seat for Armada and take it on Thursday and apply for X-Wing and Destiny, i need luck to get X-Wing on Wednesday and Destiny on Friday, or i cannot attend unless i find someone who want to switch days?
I only hope they give back the starting money, i case you could not play because of this timing....

Edit: just saw it:

After all ticket swaps are processed, players who swapped tickets will be contacted if they still hold tickets for multiple events on the same day. Players will be asked to indicate which ticket will be cancelled and refunded.

Edited by Tokra

On 2/5/2018 at 8:50 PM, rasproteus said:

I have never lost a game where I fielded more than four arqs.  True story.

Ok to be fair, it isn't a four Arquitens list... but I do believe that my Arquitens are the heavy hitters, and I really do enjoy flying them and the playstyle they encourage.  It has flown quite well for me.

I only own three arquitens... although now I am tempted to buy a fourth... darn you.

2 minutes ago, jamie nasmyth said:

Either way you end up with a bad case of Parenting......

No, no.  You misunderstand.  Making a minor the "old-fashioned way" is the way you become a parent (9 months later).

They are putting Armada events back in the Radisson, where they were in 2016!??!?

Hopefully they reserve more than one small room this time. In 2016 the tables were exactly 3' across, and the matches to your left and right were butted up against your mat, leaving no room for anything. You had to put everything on the mats. Very lame if they do this again. For a $75 entry fee, there was woefully inadequate room for matches and everything was very cramped. And, they are going back to top 2 in each of of two separate swiss days? Wow. <_<