Sign in to follow this  
Daht

World's applications are up

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/8/the-2018-may-world-championships/

direct link to non-reserved application:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe31UH60DH3NRGBv8zyqurbnygkwwxDVNVJmzACHeL-H_n02g/formResponse

Ninja'd it up today apparently

.. looks like you drop them some basic info and hope, not a mad rush, but more a put your name in and hope whatever voodoo they use to fill the spots comes out in your favor.

Edited by Daht

Just now, AdmiralYor said:

Are you an adult accompanying who wishes to a minor?

So, they want to know if I'm playing piano in A minor?

I hope I didn't post an elaborate sting job for 'to catch a predator'....

1 minute ago, AdmiralYor said:

Are you an adult accompanying who wishes to a minor?

So, they want to know if I'm playing piano in A minor?

Actually, I think they're wondering if your wishes have the ability to create a minor. So basically, they want to know if you're Gepetto.

latest?cb=20141029235822

Are you?

9 minutes ago, Daht said:

Pretty sure regionals give you entries into Nationals, not worlds..  

Nah, it's a guaranteed slot at Worlds.  Not paid for, but guaranteed.  Last year those were handled through a separate channel, the link to which was (IIRC) emailed to Regionals winners.  They have X total slots, keep open Y slots for Regionals and other major event winners, and then draw X-Y random names from this pool (or however they're selecting names here).

Presumably, if someone gets drawn from this pool and later wins a Regional, the slot for this pool will just go to the next randomly-drawn guy down the list.

Edited by Ardaedhel

Ah I had it confused with the bye card then.    I assume this is for just the winner?   It's not listed in the dec4 article.

Edited by Daht

42 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

Presumably, if someone gets drawn from this pool and later wins a Regional, the slot for this pool will just go to the next randomly-drawn guy down the list.

Would be cool if FFG were screening players and picking the best to invite. Presumably all tounry data is collected by FFG so they would have a very thorough vetting.

I don't remember if this format is the same as last year's, but it seems there are two waves of Swiss play. Do they just take the top 2 from each day to form the top 4 for the elimination round? How many seats did they take last year in each Swiss round? Just curious.

Edited by RobertK

5 minutes ago, RobertK said:

I don't remember if this format is the same as last year's, but it seems there are two waves of Swiss play. Do they just take the top 2 from each day to form the top 4 for the elimination round? How many seats did they take last year in each Swiss round? Just curious.

Last year was 5 rounds with the whole field of Swiss over 2 days, then cut to--I'm pretty sure--top 4. It was either cut to top 4 or top 8, I was so far out of it by that point that I kind of lost track... :D

Edited by Ardaedhel

1 hour ago, RobertK said:

1 hour ago, Ardaedhel said:

Last year was 5 rounds with the whole field of Swiss over 2 days, then cut to--I'm pretty sure--top 4. It was either cut to top 4 or top 8, I was so far out of it by that point that I kind of lost track... :D

Looks like it is the 2016 Worlds Armada style, with 2 "Day 1"s.  I had to pick my preferred Day 1.  Top 2 from each Day 1 goes to elimination.

3 minutes ago, BrobaFett said:

So wait... no first come first serve registration this year, just a "fill out this form and we'll let you know"?

Yeah, they did this for 2017 November as well.  I... don't think we'll have trouble with Armada overflowing, but you never know.

Last year i was the only one locally that got tickets because they were sold out almost immediately. 

Hopefully this means everyone that wants in gets in instead of leaving people high and dry. I am optomistic, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.