Jump to content
emeraldbeacon

Crew, Teams, and Effects

Recommended Posts

First of all, my apologies if this question seems a little too basic.  I'm a long-time standard player who rarely dips his toes into the Epic pool... that's planning on playing an epic game soon, and want to make sure I'm doing things right.

  1. When a huge ship with two ship sides equips and uses their cards, which upgrade are in effect when any given effect happens... only the ones on THAT SIDE of the card, or the entire ship?
  2. Can I equip a limited card on both the fore and aft sections of the same ship?
  3. What about things like Target Locks... I know that enemy ships have to choose a side to lock onto, but does a huge ship gain target locks as a single unit, or as two half-ships (i.e. a Fore lock can't be used on an outgoing Aft shot)?  Nevermind, I found that ruling. :)
  4. Anything else I should know?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, emeraldbeacon said:

First of all, my apologies if this question seems a little too basic.  I'm a long-time standard player who rarely dips his toes into the Epic pool... that's planning on playing an epic game soon, and want to make sure I'm doing things right.

  1. When a huge ship with two ship sides equips and uses their cards, which upgrade are in effect when any given effect happens... only the ones on THAT SIDE of the card, or the entire ship?
  2. Can I equip a limited card on both the fore and aft sections of the same ship?
  3. What about things like Target Locks... I know that enemy ships have to choose a side to lock onto, but does a huge ship gain target locks as a single unit, or as two half-ships (i.e. a Fore lock can't be used on an outgoing Aft shot)?  Nevermind, I found that ruling. :)
  4. Anything else I should know?

Thanks!

Cards equipped to either aft or fore affect the whole ship. 

 

Only 1 of each limited on the ship. Can't split em across sections.

 

Aces don't live long in epic. With the volume of fire most people bring you'll never dodge all the arcs or regent enough to survive. Build cheap for the most part unless you're very sure you can get the points back quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

limited is only one per ship, not ship card. each upgrade affects the ship except for Ordnance tubes which I think only works on one side. generics are good, flew a striker swarm in epic and it was great, cheap attacks, also have a plan in case the green dice fail, (happened to a partner in team epic, I was left to carry, and of course I lost against the remaining 290 points that I had killed before he died.) so be ready to lose a lot of ships fast.

Also arc-dodging almost never works, TLTs are good tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Dabirdisdaword said:

...

Aces don't live long in epic. With the volume of fire most people bring you'll never dodge all the arcs or regent enough to survive. Build cheap for the most part unless you're very sure you can get the points back quickly.

 

29 minutes ago, CMDR Ytterium said:

...

Also arc-dodging almost never works, TLTs are good tho

Funny enough for the most part Imperials have the best solution to protecting Aces. The Gozanti with docking clamps. You can keep your Ace safe in the Gozanti and when some of the space is cleared up you can launch your Ace like Soontir or Darth Vader (assuming he wasn't already on a Raider) for mopping up the latter half of the opponent's fleet.

As for TLT's I would like for Reinforce to be errata to stop 1 damage forcing TLT's to attack the non-reinforced side of the ship, but I guess the Aztecs are breaking the meta for those on the competitive side (-_- groan*) so that wont happen because TLT is the only thing keeping the Wookies in check.:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, CMDR Ytterium said:

each upgrade affects the ship except for Ordnance tubes which I think only works on one side.

Ordnance Tubes do affect the whole ship - you can only have one modification per huge ship, despite what some of the online/app squad builders would lead you to believe. But you do get to choose which section you equip the mod to, fore or aft, which is nice for those 2-card huge ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Parakitor said:

Ordnance Tubes do affect the whole ship - you can only have one modification per huge ship, despite what some of the online/app squad builders would lead you to believe. But you do get to choose which section you equip the mod to, fore or aft, which is nice for those 2-card huge ships.

also title and modifications don't discard on crippled ships since a crippled section retains its title and modification slot. I think some face up damage cards can put title or modification upgrades under them depending on the section so that is really the only time where a section to a title or modification matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Target Locks are covered in the Huge ship rules PDF on FFG's website for X-Wing.

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/2d/47/2d47a35a-6ec7-4d4b-a262-efacde97dfa3/huge_ship_rules.pdf

 

It is basically this; when a huge ship acquires a target lock, the lock may be used by either section when it attacks, but when an enemy locks onto a Huge ship, that enemy must choose a specific section and may only use the lock when attacking that section of said huge ship. 

Edited by pickirk01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...