unxbr3akabl3

Rebel trooper article

it is in there in 2 different spots, so I would say a simple typo is unlikely. More likely it is a miscommunication internally if the 8th is incorrect. The other option is that the release was anticipated for lat January but something was wrong. They then announce the 22nd to give themselves time to fix it, and after that announcement they learned that the fix would happen sooner.

2 minutes ago, jcmonson said:

it is in there in 2 different spots, so I would say a simple typo is unlikely. More likely it is a miscommunication internally if the 8th is incorrect. The other option is that the release was anticipated for lat January but something was wrong. They then announce the 22nd to give themselves time to fix it, and after that announcement they learned that the fix would happen sooner.

Why do you think this article or any other was written AFTER the announcement? 

12 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Why do you think this article or any other was written AFTER the announcement? 

Well it came out after the announcement so it is certainly possible, I also said it was likely to be a internal miss communication, that could have happened before or after the announcement article.

1 minute ago, jcmonson said:

Well it came out after the announcement so it is certainly possible, I also said it was likely to be a internal miss communication, that could have happened before or after the announcement article.

Nothing leads me to believe they are pushing the release forwards again. if they were planning on doing that, the announcement as to the new release date would have been its own separate article. I agree it was a miscommunication, but there is no indication at all that some issue was fixed and now the release is earlier. It make more sense for there to be a computer somewhere with a bunch of articles set up with dates for them to be published than for FFG to write a new article the day/week before it is published. That would also explain why rules are frequently incorrect. 

Just now, Caimheul1313 said:

Nothing leads me to believe they are pushing the release forwards again. if they were planning on doing that, the announcement as to the new release date would have been its own separate article. I agree it was a miscommunication, but there is no indication at all that some issue was fixed and now the release is earlier. It make more sense for there to be a computer somewhere with a bunch of articles set up with dates for them to be published than for FFG to write a new article the day/week before it is published. That would also explain why rules are frequently incorrect. 

Ok, I get what's happening, I gave 2 possibilities. I could have separated them better. The first was the miscommunication, the second was for if the March 8th date is actually correct.

1 minute ago, jcmonson said:

Ok, I get what's happening, I gave 2 possibilities. I could have separated them better. The first was the miscommunication, the second was for if the March 8th date is actually correct.

Ah okay, sorry for misunderstanding. :)

Just now, OldSchoolEmpire said:

I agree that this is probably a typo. but FFG should clarify so this doesn't spiral out of control.

I'm assuming they'll mention it in another article later this week. 

1 minute ago, ShadowKite said:

The article has been changed to say the 22nd.

And presumably whoever was supposed to change the dates has now double checked all the others. :lol:

Just now, NukeMaster said:

I'm really having a hard time being excited about these last few articles.

I'm only really looking forward even somewhat to the reveal of the one mystery card in the speederbike box, and the official rules.

I’m surprised that they didn’t use this opportunity for more rule clarifications. Such as how grenade attachments work. I’ve been reading a lot of people seem to believe that each model in a unit has a grenade to throw. I don’t see this being accurate myself, but I would like to know for sure. 

12 hours ago, Undeadguy said:

*1 Duro and 6 humans*

Depends how u colour the skins of the other humanoids. :) 

I agree it would be nice to have 1 more alien sculpt though

With the duro here would that mean Shriv less likely to appear as a unique now?

Variant alien sculpts would be great, they could take influence from the choices in the 2015 battlefront game. Male Sullustan, female twi lek, rodian with a heavy weapon. This isn't high priority but down the line I think a bits bag of alternate sculpts to sprinkle across a rebel force would be great.