RufusDaMan

TIE Conjoined

11 hours ago, Warlon said:

Why do they have to come up with the most nonsensical designs?

"How do we make this thing cooler?"

"SLAP A BUNCH OF **** ON IT AND CALL IT A NEW MODEL."

"It looks kinda lop side-"

"SHUT UP. PUT IT INTO IMMEDIATE PRODUCTION."

Seriously?

The TIE fighter is 2 serving platters and a cantaloupe painted gray. . . 

hunter11.jpg

This thing?   Sure it’s got cannon slots, torps, probably awesome dial and 3 agi but it’s gonna be 3 hulk or at best 2 Hull 2 shield, and everyone is complaining about the lack of HP on ships already.

also here is how you do Imperial Astromechs: (don’t know how this got brought up, there’s zero indication that imps will get mechs anytime soon)

Eta-2 Actis Interceptor with Astromech upgrades, the two included in the pack will have imperial only on them.  The title for the Eta-2 would give the ship an astromech slot while staring only non unique or Imperial only astromechs could be equipped.  

And there you have it.

8 minutes ago, GrimmyV said:

The folks at 1970s ILM  want to have a word with you.  

No offense.  It was a good cantaloupe.

More over, the Falcon was supposed to look like a hamburger and the Slave I was designed after a streetlight.

A little late to get picky, methinks. .  .

Edited by Darth Meanie

7 minutes ago, AwesomeJedi said:

Does this new TIE have any regular laser cannons? I can't see any under the cockpit.

Nope.

Inb4 something gets tied underneath it and dropped ALA Fairey Swordfish (the swordfish had one gun on the left side and could carry pretty much any ordinance that didnt weigh more than the plane...)

40 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

No offense.  It was a good cantaloupe.

More over, the Falcon was supposed to look like a hamburger and the Slave I was designed after a streetlight.

A little late to get picky, methinks. .  .

But...but it’s a hamburger with a pickle on the side!  And greebles!  GREEBLES!

Slave I is still the most unusual and unique looking starship in the whole franchise, so cool.  Inspiration can hit anytime, anywhere!  

And when was I getting picky?

4 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Its a TIE gunship and the pod is a dual cannon.  It is seen FIRING dual blasts  (in what could be the Kessel run scene of the movie) in the longer full movie trailer. 

I was wondering about that swirling cloud, actually. In my head I was thinking Kessel being a possible location for the shot. Time will reveal all.

14 minutes ago, GrimmyV said:

But...but it’s a hamburger with a pickle on the side!  And greebles!  GREEBLES!

Slave I is still the most unusual and unique looking starship in the whole franchise, so cool.  Inspiration can hit anytime, anywhere!  

And when was I getting picky?

Not you, the folks above.

I had to look up what a greeble was.  Thanks!  I learned something :)

Just now, LagJanson said:

I was wondering about that swirling cloud, actually. In my head I was thinking Kessel being a possible location for the shot. Time will reveal all.

Let’s talk about that scene for a minute.

In old Canon the Kessel Run was near a cluster of Black Holes, talented or foolhardy pilots would shave off their travel time but cutting it close to the Black Holes.

But in the longer trailer, something is ALIVE in there.  So the Kessel Run has spiny tentacles.  

Who knew?!!!

15 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

But in the longer trailer, something is ALIVE in there.  So the Kessel Run has spiny tentacles.  

I missed that. I'm... not thrilled to hear about that one either. I'll get to the long trailer tonight after work...

I'm setting my expectations very low for this. I didn't like what I saw when actual characters were on screen, but... tis a teaser. I have a couple of nitpicks on continuity based on what we've already seen... (YT-1300s... We see them in the prequeals as per the Falcon, so something is amiss with this one... Maybe it's not a YT-1300? Please let that be the case...)

Any way... we'll see how Kessel is portrayed. I'm not overly hopeful about it, but maybe something interesting and fantastical will come of it. It doesn't have to make scientific sense (this is Star Wars, not a hard scifi) but it's gotta feel right.

Edited by LagJanson

2 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

I missed that. I'm... not thrilled to hear about that one either. I'll get to the see the long trailer tonight after work...

I'm setting my expectations very low for this. I didn't like what I saw when actual characters were on screen, but... tis a teaser. I have a couple of nitpicks on continuity based on what we've already seen... (YT-1300s... We see them in the prequeals as per the Falcon, so something is amiss with this one... Maybe it's not a YT-1300? Please let that be the case...)

Any way... we'll see how Kessel is portrayed. I'm not overly hopeful about it, but maybe something interesting and fantastical will come of it. It doesn't have to make scientific sense (this is Star Wars, not a hard scifi) but it's gotta feel right.

DQDLwv7X0AAIaTx.jpg

Is it Kessel? Or is it just Bespin with Beldons?

1 minute ago, RufusDaMan said:

Is it Kessel? Or is it just Bespin with Beldons?

I won't even venture to guess. I'm pretty accepting of weird creatures in Star Wars. Mynocks and space slugs, after all. At a certain point though, things cross a line from interesting and bizarre - to stupid. The rolling tentacle balls feel that way to me as having crossed that line... Space whales felt that way as well and I believe they were both legends and new canon.

A thought... Does anybody else remember the Lando Calrissian series of books? His tentacled droid that was related instead to tentacled space faring creatures? Oddly enough, I could see somebody try to reconnect that old bit of Legends here - though I highly doubt it.