RufusDaMan

TIE Conjoined

7 minutes ago, Zeoinx said:

Looks pretty stupid to me. Especially if it IS a tie trainer, because clearly there are Tie Flight Sims as seen in the EU For years now, OH WAIT, Disney Recon yet another then that makes more sense and is cooler then....THIS.

There are flight sims for all modern jets, yet most of them have a two-seater training variant.

That "side car" seems to me like it's just too small to house a human being- could it be some sort of targeting array? Some sort of support craft for when the capital ships' sensors cant work over distance in difficult "terrain"/ stellar phenomena, such as this nebula (?)?

I saw that sparkle of hope that some of you had for an imperial astromech :P 

Lets hope that that day never comes, because that would make it too fair for Imperials. Let the bad guys suffer I say. 

(I am for the empire not the rebels, dont hate, also I know that a certain person will do anything for that droid slot...)

Edited by Wookiee_Slayer

Just give it a little more health and a turret ;)

a cannon slot would also work.

6 minutes ago, Wookiee_Slayer said:

I saw that sparkle of hope that some of you had for an imperial astromech :P 

Lets hope that that day never comes, because that would make it too fair for Imperials. Let the bad guys suffer I say. 

The Movie isn't out yet...

For all we know, the gun pod could be astromech operated.

Edited by Indy_com

3 minutes ago, Indy_com said:

Just give it a little more health and a turret ;)

a cannon slot would also work.

The Movie isn't out yet...

For all we know, the gun pod could be astromech operated.

but that would make the Pilot an astromech, so not a special new counterpart to Astromech and Unhinged Astromech... 

Even so I doubt that is the case since the empire is all about cost effeciency and putting an astromech in all TIE's + more materials needed for the special pod = not very Imperial-like....

1 minute ago, viedit said:

Gotta be careful on how they do cannons at this point.  Dash doesn't need to be any more of a **** than he already is.

^ Exactly! Thank you!

Edited by Wookiee_Slayer

Just now, Wookiee_Slayer said:

but that would make the Pilot an astromech, so not a special new counterpart to Astromech and Unhinged Astromech... 

Even so I doubt that is the case since the empire is all about cost effeciency and putting an astromech in all TIE's + more materials needed for the special pod = not very Imperial-like....

But they use the same wings, same engines... they just swap out the middle.

It is efficient. More efficient than building totally different ships.

Just now, Wookiee_Slayer said:

Gunner Astromech

? Points.

Astromech

Exhaust this card at any time to make an additional attack from your main arc.

(This also helps the x-wing, did a TIE move in front of you after you already activated? Exhaust astromech, fire away!)

Just now, RufusDaMan said:

But they use the same wings, same engines... they just swap out the middle.

It is efficient. More efficient than building totally different ships.

Moreover, I didnt even mention the cost of producing a droid  that is capable of piloting a TIE in the first place. The interior would have to be redone, the controls: out of the window and retrofitted.

Additionally this TIE = a totally different ship: It has that extra pod which screws with the original engine design and engine placement, the balance, the maneuverability, Atmospheric travel, speed, repulsor tech, tech in general, controls for whatever the heck that pod is supposed to do... Name it and it's bound to be slightly redesigned...

2 minutes ago, Indy_com said:

Gunner Astromech

? Points.

Astromech

(This also helps the x-wing, did a TIE move in front of you after you already activated? Exhaust astromech, fire away!)

No imperial astromech-s please.

It would also turn Corran into a monster.

3 minutes ago, Indy_com said:

Gunner Astromech

? Points.

Astromech

Further to my point I made earlier: Putting 2 astromechs in a new shuttle, with new design =  not imperial-style. 

13 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

yuck.  also the red cockpit looks like FO aesthetic... not Empire.  Very skeptical right now. 

Visual design changes with no reason are awful. Let's see how it works out. 

Agreed