Celestial Lizards

Solo Teaser Observations

8 minutes ago, jmswood said:

The visuals are fantastic. I’m still hoping all the talking points are part of a massive misinformation campaign. The relationship between Han & Chewie. the ownership history of the Millenium Falcon. The Kessel Run. The mystery surrounding these things is part of their appeal. The premise of the film is the very same mistake Lucas made with the prequels. 

Eh...no.

The premise of the prequels, and indeed the overall arc of them, was a LOT more interesting than even the OT was.  By a long shot - the prequels were telling a vastly more interesting story.  And the added detail really improved everything, even about the existing movies.

What let the prequels down was casting choices (the actors given Anakin's role needed to be...a lot better) and the writing of dialog (which Lucas has always struggled with, all the way back to '77 - the first drafts of Star Wars were not good).

3 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Perhaps this new TIE variant is a trainer craft?   A flight instructor sits in the off centre pod.

Possibly. If we are seeing Han go to the Academy, that might be some sort of special training exercise. 

There are a couple of possibilities that I can think of for the ship, but they are based on the assumption that the "clouds" are something dangerous, like a nebula or the interior of a gas giant. 

4 minutes ago, xanderf said:

Eh...no.

The premise of the prequels, and indeed the overall arc of them, was a LOT more interesting than even the OT was.  By a long shot - the prequels were telling a vastly more interesting story.  And the added detail really improved everything, even about the existing movies.

What let the prequels down was casting choices (the actors given Anakin's role needed to be...a lot better) and the writing of dialog (which Lucas has always struggled with, all the way back to '77 - the first drafts of Star Wars were not good).

Eh...no.

The actors of the prequels are truly talented individuals.  Natalie Portman, Ewan McGregor, Liam Neeson, and yes even Jake Lloyd.  The problem wasn't casting, the problem was direction and bad dialog.  So I agree with you that Ep 1, 2, 3 had bad dialog but I disagree that Ep 4, 5, 6 had bad dialog.  Primarily because Lucas wasn't 100% in control of the dialog in the OT.

I am going to agree with those saying some sort of advanced sensors package/communication relay boost for wherever they are traveling. It'd explain why we don't see them in the other OT movies as the specialization of the craft would preclude the need for it to show up in the other battles.

45 minutes ago, xanderf said:

Eh...no.

Part of it was actors, or in my mind more Hayden Christensen since I think he only had tv work before then, though most of it was writing and direction. Lucas has never been a person who is good at direction people to give performances or writing human like dialogue. There is a reason he is associated with the direction "Faster and more intense" that he gives his actor. What he is good at is world building, big picture ideas, and pushing the boundaries of film making and special effects. 

I personally feel the prequels are hit and miss, I actually enjoy TPM aside from the overly long pod racing segment, I find ATOC mind numbing aside from Obi-wan's parts and the battle of Geonosis, and I decently like most of ROTS. However, what I really love about those films is their contribution to the lore bringing memorable planets, building on ideas and expanding the galaxy. I even don't mind Naboo being a relatively clean world, sure the galaxy is lived in but that doesn't mean there aren't places people will want to look clean at least on a surface level, just compare Coruscant at the upper floors compared to the lower ones. Still, what really makes that era for people I think is the Clone Wars, be it the show and its introduction of Ahsoka and depth, making Anakin likable, or giving the clones personality, or be it the Clone Wars Multi-media project of books and comics that were made in the lead up to episode three. 

5 hours ago, Rexler Brath said:

Do you have any citations for this 'slap-slick' idea?  Sounds like propaganda to me.

The reports that I have read claim 'creative differences' like here: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-how-the-han-solo-movie-directors-reporte/1100-6451196

IE, how the directors were actually doing their job and not the content of the movie.

No citations, but the directors have on their track record the Lego movie (which was hilariously fun) and raining meatballs. Not exactly tragedies or high content drama...

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-how-the-han-solo-movie-directors-reporte/1100-6451196

Article also states that Lawrence Kasdan (the writer of Empire Strikes Back) was not pleased with how things were progressing.  Don't have to put it all on Kathleen Kennedy.

Sure, Disney's Star Wars is by no means perfect, but I'll take it over George's un-checked direction (no one saying no to him during the prequels) any day.

7 hours ago, Rexler Brath said:

From what I have read, they were fired because they didn't bow down to Kathleen Kennedy and her SJW agenda.

Crazy thought here, but maaaaybe comments like the above suggest Rexler's [citation needed] complaints aren't being made in entirely good faith.

Seriously, there has to be some kind of Godwins Law corollary that applies here.

1 hour ago, Terminus-Est said:

Crazy thought here, but maaaaybe comments like the above suggest Rexler's [citation needed] complaints aren't being made in entirely good faith.

Seriously, there has to be some kind of Godwins Law corollary that applies here.

That's why it's best to take Rexler's star wars criticisms with an entire salt shaker rather than any singular grain of salt.

2 hours ago, Odanan said:

Are Jawas working as flight instructors? Because that second pod is very small...

No, the average TIE is quite spacious inside.   Remember they can fit a Lasat, Twi’lek and a Mandalorian.    The pod to the side will, yes, compared to the main cockpit be small, it could possibly fit a human sitting down.

4 hours ago, eMeM said:

TIE Shuttle in most sources looks just like TIE Bomber, in TESB noone knows exactly but it's more like this:
MMM_JE_NEEDA_001.jpg

The TIE shuttle is depicted on the title card in game, it's just a TIE Bomber by appearances but (I imagine) with the ordnance pod having seats in it instead of, you guessed it, ordnance! Although I wouldnt mind launching imperial crew cards at other ships, could be an interesting game mechanic *sarcasm* 

Edited by Phoenix5454
Auto correct spelling

Just now, Phoenix5454 said:

The TIE shuttle is depicted on the title card in game, it's just a TIE Bomber by appearances but (I imagine) with the ordinance pod having seats in it instead of, you guessed it, ordinance! Although I wouldnt mind launching imperial crew cards at other ships, could be an interesting game mechanic *sarcasm* 

Yeah, that's how most sources do it, although:

o9FxM90.png

14 minutes ago, Phoenix5454 said:

The TIE shuttle is depicted on the title card in game, it's just a TIE Bomber by appearances but (I imagine) with the ordinance pod having seats in it instead of, you guessed it, ordinance! Although I wouldnt mind launching imperial crew cards at other ships, could be an interesting game mechanic *sarcasm* 

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ordinance

latest?cb=20171107002848