Celestial Lizards

Solo Teaser Observations

39 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

This. What does irk me about Disney is when they make movies set in OT time-line and make new ships that no one has seen before or will ever see again past these single points in time. What we have here is a GOLDEN opportunity to showcase badass old school pilots and ships, justifying why these organizations used these ships for war.

In XWM terms it is a perfect opportunity to fix some of the catastrophic screw ups of game development that plague early releases so they aren’t garbage. In short, Stop making **** up! If that’s what you want do it in another time-line. People defend tech doesn’t change much in 50 years for SW. Where did all this crap go if thats the case.

end of line

Well we have to get used to it, the fact of the matter is that they are going to release new ships for the sake of new toys. What makes it sort of annoying is that in canon the Empire is very much uniform so I'm more willing to accept the Rebels being the ones with new toys seeing how they would grab anything they can.  I'm fine with new rebel, scum, and civilian craft but it is odd seeing new Imperial ships. Of course I just accept this fact we will get new stuff, so hopefully they will re canonize old EU ships or bring in some more support craft for Imperial ships like the Raider. 

12 minutes ago, Phoenix5454 said:

The TIE... Tumor...?

Lets just hope it is benign. 

5 minutes ago, Phoenix5454 said:

Why is everyone saying Imperial Millennium Falcon? It was owned by Lando before Han and Lando obviously takes care of his stuff based on what we see. Regardless of what they do with Hans story, its confirmed like in legends that he will be part of the Imperial Navy first and thus no matter how it plays out he will win the Millennium Falcon after he abandons the Imperial Navy in which he then works as a smuggler for Jabba the Hutt. There will probably be a gap between ditching the Imperial Navy and winning the Millennium Falcon / becoming a smuggler (or becoming a smuggler and then winning the millennium falcon) but regardless how it plays out I do not see how a Imperial Millennium Falcon could happen as Han acquires if after he ditches the Imperial Navy in every possible storyline.

I think it is because the Falcon looks clean and was being shown in conjunction to the voiceover with him talking about being the best pilot ever while joining the Empire. I have no doubt that Lando owns the Falcon from the start and as noted before, Lando seems like the kind of guy who likes his ship all nice clean and shiny if possible ala his Luxury Yacht from the EU. 

I'm guessing the New TIE is some kind of sensor/scout craft.  It would be cool to see it in game as a small base electronic warfare type ship with the jam action and the ability to hand out jamming tokens.

The falcon won't be imperial.  I'm thinking that Lando just keeps it clean whereas Han is more like a messy college frat boy

4 minutes ago, Ccwebb said:

Understood.  However makes perfect sense to me.  It is a big galaxy, far far away.  

My problem is, the standalone movies take place just before A New Hope and have more varied ship design in them than TFA and TLJ which keep rehashing familiar TIE, X-wing and A-wing designs that are supposedly decades old.  At least be consistent.  Is there a wide open galaxy with all kinds of ship designs or are there just a few?  Make up your mind, Disney.

3 minutes ago, weisguy119 said:

My problem is, the standalone movies take place just before A New Hope and have more varied ship design in them than TFA and TLJ which keep rehashing familiar TIE, X-wing and A-wing designs that are supposedly decades old.  At least be consistent.  Is there a wide open galaxy with all kinds of ship designs or are there just a few?  Make up your mind, Disney.

Part of it is that the main saga films try to trade more heavily in nostalgia so they re-hash a lot of OT designs.  So far it looks like the side stories (while also trading heavily in nostalgia) are exploring some of the more out of the way corners of the galaxy.  So new different looking designs will probably be more likely to show up there.  I'm just glad they are moving away from all of the new original designs looking like variations of rectangles and boxes (I'm looking at you TFA!)

3 minutes ago, weisguy119 said:

If the new TIE is a scout ship, do you know who likes TIE Scouts?  Thrawn likes TIE Scouts.

Rebels has been a way for Disney to plop some of their newer OT designs into the world more (U-wing showing up in season 4 for instance).

I can't wait to see what animated TV series they will do next

30 minutes ago, weisguy119 said:

"you see, my problem is that this war takes place before vietnam, and has more varied fighter design than the gulf wars and afghanistan, which keep rehashing the familiar F-16, F-15, and Mig-27 designs which are supposed to be decades old. at least be consistent. is there is a whole wide planet with all sorts of fighter designs, or are there just a few? make up your mind, Airforce!"

Edited by mithril2098

29 minutes ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

I'm guessing the New TIE is some kind of sensor/scout craft.  It would be cool to see it in game as a small base electronic warfare type ship with the jam action and the ability to hand out jamming tokens.

The falcon won't be imperial.  I'm thinking that Lando just keeps it clean whereas Han is more like a messy college frat boy

Yea but I would rather they just use the Tie Scout for that, though I'm just nostalgic for them from Empire At War.

latest?cb=20150520052057

18 minutes ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

Rebels has been a way for Disney to plop some of their newer OT designs into the world more (U-wing showing up in season 4 for instance).

I can't wait to see what animated TV series they will do next

Hopefully we will see a new series soon, apparently Lucasfilm has been hiring more animators on. I'm suspecting they will end doing a ST era series, though I wouldn't complain if Filoni somehow could get in the position to direct an animated film trilogy of an adapted version of the original Thrawn Trilogy. 

11 minutes ago, mithril2098 said:

"you see, my problem is that this war takes place before vietnam, and has more varied fighter design than the gulf wars and afghanistan, which keep rehashing the familiar F-16, F-15, and Mig-27 designs which are supposed to be decades old. at least be consistent. is there is a whole wide planet with all sorts of fighter designs, or are there just a few? make up your mind, Airforce!"

I guess your argument has some merit:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4851822/amp/America-promotes-propeller-fighter-planes-Afghanistan.html&ved=2ahUKEwiBqKWc3Y3ZAhUYiIMKHZFQD5gQFjAAegQIDxAB&usg=AOvVaw3yD8kAF_e6tVQdqfPPvQCI&ampcf=1

1 hour ago, Animewarsdude said:

Well we have to get used to it, the fact of the matter is that they are going to release new ships for the sake of new toys. What makes it sort of annoying is that in canon the Empire is very much uniform so I'm more willing to accept the Rebels being the ones with new toys seeing how they would grab anything they can.  I'm fine with new rebel, scum, and civilian craft but it is odd seeing new Imperial ships. Of course I just accept this fact we will get new stuff, so hopefully they will re canonize old EU ships or bring in some more support craft for Imperial ships like the Raider. 

Lets just hope it is benign. 

It's not a toomah!!!

6 minutes ago, Rexler Brath said:

Remember kids, the 2 directors were FIRED and 90% of the film was re-shot.  I have a bad feeling about this.

From what I've heard and read the original directors made it a slap stick comedy which is why they got canned. Believe it or not, but Ron Howard may have saved this film from being a huge mistake.

Edited by Phoenix5454

1 hour ago, Animewarsdude said:

pretty much. and all of the new GCW stuff we've gotten so far has been niche gear that didn't have a role in any of the battles in the OT..

the TIE striker is an atmospheric fighter. no atmospheric fights in ANH, they could have appeared in ESB, but Vader's fleet lacking them (and the general lack of TIE's during the ground battle at hoth in general) means they didn't really fit into ESB, and a lot of the same logic applies to ROTJ (the Endor garrison could potentially have had some, but no rebel fighters came down to help due to the shield, and the ground battle was a swirling mess in a forest where the striker's couldn't be used for ground attack easily.) the AT-ACT is a cargo vehicle and not menat for battle, it not appearing in ANH, ESB, or ROTJ makes sense, since there was no role for it in those. the shoretroopers are specialized tropical fighters.. no call for them on tatooine, hoth, or endor. the occupier tank is the only one that could have easily shown up in the OT.. but it is easy to assume that the Tatooine garrison had some and they just never made the screen in mos eisley, while Vader just didn't bring them to hoth. Endor is just terrible terrain for tracked vehicles.

Rebels gave us more (alternate AT-AT's, the AT-DP, etc) but it also is set years before RO/ANH.

Just now, Phoenix5454 said:

From what I've heard and read the original directors made it a slap stick comedy which is why they got canned. Believe it or not, but Ron Howard may have saved this film from being a huge mistake.

Phil Lord & Christopher Miller haven't made a bad movie yet.  From what I have read, they were fired because they didn't bow down to Kathleen Kennedy and her SJW agenda.  But believe what you want.  This movie cost double to produce and so far has ALOT of controversy surrounding it.  In China its being called 'RANGER SOLO' b/c the Star Wars name is garbage thanks to the Last Jedi. LOL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Lord_and_Christopher_Miller