Celestial Lizards

Solo Teaser Observations

New TIE variant: looks like a cross between a TIE SF and a TIE Bomber (at 0:11).

Interior of the Falcon: Looks like an Imperial ship (white walls, sleek interior, chrome-plated controls). 

Big Imperial presence in the trailer, lots of officers

Badass shot of a Star Destroyer through clouds

Trailer tomorrow.

Thoughts?

Finally I'm first to make this kind of thread!

Edited by Celestial Lizards

Glad we'll be seeing Solo join the Imperial Navy.  Hopefully it'll be more than a few minutes of screen time in the movie.  Interesting how clean the Falcon looks when its supposed to be several decades old by this point. 

15 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

Glad we'll be seeing Solo join the Imperial Navy.  Hopefully it'll be more than a few minutes of screen time in the movie.  Interesting how clean the Falcon looks when its supposed to be several decades old by this point. 

I get the distinct feeling they might likely make it so that the Stellar Envoy and the Falcon are two separate ships, and that the Falcon is brand new in this film.

14 hours ago, Odanan said:

new_tie_by_odanan-dc27048.jpg

:/

I'm not really sure how I feel about it at the moment, it sort of reminds me of some of the experimental ties from the X-wing games with that little tumor there. I'll give it sometime, maybe I'll warm up to it once I see it on screen or more in general. 

14 hours ago, Celestial Lizards said:

Rebels: Nothing

Scum: Nada

Imperials: THE ******* MILLENNIUM FALCON!!!!!!!

I'd actually be a bit impressed if the Falcon is Imperial. It might look new and shiny but I bet that Lando had his Luxury Yacht looking all new and shiny too. 

14 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

I wonder what this will turn out to be?  Scout, bomber, or command and control ship? 

Depends, though if it is a tie in, no pun intended, for X-wing's next wave I bet it won't match up with the film's version considering the nightmare behind the scenes stuff.