Jump to content
SkyJedi

A Web-Based Character Generator - The Genesys Emporium

Recommended Posts

BIG UPDATE

There is now a setting filter!

in the setting field for each character select the correct setting for that character, "All" is selected by default and will show all the data and custom data for your account.  

I've also removed the datasets and dumped all the custom data into one bucket for your account.  please use the setting tag to filter.

CUSTOM DATA TAB!

all you entering and deleting for custom data is done in one handy space now!

EXPORT 

You can now export specific items from the Custom Data bucket!

 

Huge thanks to @HolmstN for getting this idea off the ground and helping with a ton of the backend

 

Sorry if i broke anything (I totaly broke a lot of stuff), if  when something doesn't work or you're faced with a blank white page, please send me a screenshot of the browser console!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

finished all the code optimization for the custom tabs. its should now look uniform and function great. i removed almost 200 lines of code and now everything in custom really is one of 4 bits of code!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Flobio said:

Is the settings tab supposed to work? I can't in put into it on the new custom tab.

Everything else seems to be working. I love the changes. Thank you for all your hard work on this project.

I should fix that.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2018 at 11:28 PM, Flobio said:

Is the settings tab supposed to work? I can't in put into it on the new custom tab.

Everything else seems to be working. I love the changes. Thank you for all your hard work on this project.

I fixed it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't a huge deal but the Katar in the generator is listed as Crit 3, when it should be Crit 2. Also would it be possible for when you gain the Finesse or Precision talent, it changes the character sheet to reflect the new stat it uses?

Great job on it!

Edited by Jedifish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jedifish said:

This isn't a huge deal but the Katar in the generator is listed as Crit 3, when it should be Crit 2. Also would it be possible for when you gain the Finesse or Precision talent, it changes the character sheet to reflect the new stat it uses?

Great job on it!

katar fix going up.  the finesse talents are tricky.  people have gotten around by making custom skills that point to the correct characteristic, then custom weapons pointing to the custom skill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just found this last week and it's been great! Thank you, kind sir. 

Though, I would like to ask if there is a way to make a dropdown option for the free skill ranks when making a custom archetype. Kind of like how the Average Human allows you to choose 2 options, instead of one that's already been set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Nirobu said:

Just found this last week and it's been great! Thank you, kind sir. 

Though, I would like to ask if there is a way to make a dropdown option for the free skill ranks when making a custom archetype. Kind of like how the Average Human allows you to choose 2 options, instead of one that's already been set.

So you wanna be able to choose the skill later in the main page?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Nirobu said:

Just found this last week and it's been great! Thank you, kind sir. 

Though, I would like to ask if there is a way to make a dropdown option for the free skill ranks when making a custom archetype. Kind of like how the Average Human allows you to choose 2 options, instead of one that's already been set.

done, to give the option of choosing free ranks at character creation select 'choice'  the ranks of choice will be the number of skills given.  choice(2) means you get two skills.  

then select the skills to be offered, 'any' for any skill, or select whatever skill you wanna give.  ranks here will be ranks in the skill given.  Any(2) will give 2 free ranks.

 

so Choice (1) Any(2) will give Any one skill 2 free ranks.

Choice(2), Alchemy (1), Brawl(1), Stealth(1) will let you select 2 skills between  the options.  then give the selected ranks in that skill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is looking better and better — Thank you.

Minor suggestion: for the Fantasy setting (and possibly others with sub-knowledge skill categories), remove the Knowledge (INT) skill.

Also, a humble request for Heroic Abilities, and ability points (i.e. players gain 1 ability point per 50xp gained above racial starting)! :)

Edited by RamMegiddo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RamMegiddo said:

This is looking better and better — Thank you.

Minor suggestion: for the Fantasy setting (and possibly others with sub-knowledge skill categories), remove the Knowledge (INT) skill.

Also, a humble request for Heroic Abilities, and ability points (i.e. players gain 1 ability point per 50xp gained above racial starting)! :)

removing skills is tough to do automatically correctly since there aren't any set settings.  best to click the gear by the skill type and remove for each character

heroic abilities on the way.

 

I just started my very first pbp game for genesys so I'm betting I'm going to find a lot of annoyances that will keep me busy for the next week or two

Edited by SkyJedi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SkyJedi said:

done, to give the option of choosing free ranks at character creation select 'choice'  the ranks of choice will be the number of skills given.  choice(2) means you get two skills.  

then select the skills to be offered, 'any' for any skill, or select whatever skill you wanna give.  ranks here will be ranks in the skill given.  Any(2) will give 2 free ranks.

 

so Choice (1) Any(2) will give Any one skill 2 free ranks.

Choice(2), Alchemy (1), Brawl(1), Stealth(1) will let you select 2 skills between  the options.  then give the selected ranks in that skill.

Holy crap, that was quick! You're awesome!

 

Edit: Whoops. Seems to give a free rank to all the skills you choose if you choose to limit the list (i.e., Choice (1), Alchemy(1), Brawl(1), Charm(1) will list only those three in the dropdown, but still provide a free rank for Alchemy, Brawl, and Charm even before a choice is made.

Edited by Nirobu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nirobu said:

Holy crap, that was quick! You're awesome!

 

Edit: Whoops. Seems to give a free rank to all the skills you choose if you choose to limit the list (i.e., Choice (1), Alchemy(1), Brawl(1), Charm(1) will list only those three in the dropdown, but still provide a free rank for Alchemy, Brawl, and Charm even before a choice is made.

Gasp, I'll look into it. Ah I see the problem.  Should be a quick fix you in the morning

Edited by SkyJedi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nirobu said:

Holy crap, that was quick! You're awesome!

 

Edit: Whoops. Seems to give a free rank to all the skills you choose if you choose to limit the list (i.e., Choice (1), Alchemy(1), Brawl(1), Charm(1) will list only those three in the dropdown, but still provide a free rank for Alchemy, Brawl, and Charm even before a choice is made.

annnnnnd fixed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2018 at 12:56 AM, SkyJedi said:

removing skills is tough to do automatically correctly since there aren't any set settings.  best to click the gear by the skill type and remove for each character

heroic abilities on the way.

 

I just started my very first pbp game for genesys so I'm betting I'm going to find a lot of annoyances that will keep me busy for the next week or two

Could work to have 0 skills active by default, and add them via adding settings? — making this clear to newcomers might be the tricky part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, RamMegiddo said:

Could work to have 0 skills active by default, and add them via adding settings? — making this clear to newcomers might be the tricky part.

It sorta does this already.  Only skills that have the same setting or all or no setting attached are displayed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...