Jump to content
SkyJedi

A Web-Based Character Generator - The Genesys Emporium

Recommended Posts

Thanks again for this amazing tool! Is there a way to edit existing Talent descriptions? I've tried, but it seems like the current workaround is to create custom talents with the correct fluff text. However, I'm unable to create custom talents with full functionality for certain ones, like Templar.

*Edit* Following SkyJedi's advice on Discord and editing the json file directly.

 

Edited by verdantsf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I clicked on the link, messed around for a bit, changed the name of a skill. I keep deleting any character sheet and the skill I created is always there. Is it there only for me? Or does everyone see this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mogloth said:

I clicked on the link, messed around for a bit, changed the name of a skill. I keep deleting any character sheet and the skill I created is always there. Is it there only for me? Or does everyone see this? 

Custom skills are stored in the dataset not character.  Look in the import/export tab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK. I clicked delete in the import/export tab and that skill went away. I was making sure if I was the only one who could see that or if I had messed something up for everyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mogloth said:

OK. I clicked delete in the import/export tab and that skill went away. I was making sure if I was the only one who could see that or if I had messed something up for everyone. 

No need to worry about screwing up the site for everyone, all data is stored separately for each user

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to be having an issue when selecting certain Archetypes. Mainly the Elves, selecting any elf archtype will generate a blank page. Refreshing the page will reload the page with said whichever elf you picked as the archetype. However you cannot select any other archetype again as it will now generate more blank pages. Confirmed in IE, Firefox, Chrome and got my friend to try it, they end up with the same issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2018 at 1:41 AM, danman170692 said:

I seem to be having an issue when selecting certain Archetypes. Mainly the Elves, selecting any elf archtype will generate a blank page. Refreshing the page will reload the page with said whichever elf you picked as the archetype. However you cannot select any other archetype again as it will now generate more blank pages. Confirmed in IE, Firefox, Chrome and got my friend to try it, they end up with the same issue.

fixed, sorry about that.  let me know if you find anything else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2018 at 12:27 AM, verdantsf said:

Thanks again for this amazing tool! Is there a way to edit existing Talent descriptions? I've tried, but it seems like the current workaround is to create custom talents with the correct fluff text. However, I'm unable to create custom talents with full functionality for certain ones, like Templar.

*Edit* Following SkyJedi's advice on Discord and editing the json file directly.

 

you should be able to add custom talents now with just the Name and description and it'll merge with the current database without wiping any special modifiers.

 

up next adding careers skill via custom talents

Edited by SkyJedi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand that this is not the concept you are working on, but are you considering having the ability to create an NPC stat block?  I would think it would use the same data you have already implemented, just in a slimmed down form.  I found that to be the most helpful part of Oggdude's wonderful StarWars software.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, danman170692 said:

Also Elves now have a random drop down box with nothing in it.

 

Capture.PNG

Gasp!

 

1 minute ago, FangGrip said:

I understand that this is not the concept you are working on, but are you considering having the ability to create an NPC stat block?  I would think it would use the same data you have already implemented, just in a slimmed down form.  I found that to be the most helpful part of Oggdude's wonderful StarWars software.

It's not that I don't want to make an NPC blocker I just have had the time to finish the main features right now.  I'll wishlist the NPC blocker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, danman170692 said:

Also Elves now have a random drop down box with nothing in it.

 

Capture.PNG

 

On 6/5/2018 at 5:22 PM, Waywardpaladin said:

In case anyone hadn't mentioned it, Forge dwarves aren't getting their free level of Negotiation.

v 1.1.6 

added custom talent modifiers for careerskills
added modifiers display on talent selection
fixed dirty tricks
fixed random select on elves archetype
fixed customdatasets not deleting properly
fixed forge dwarves

added prereq/antireq for custom talents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! Great work!

Seems talents that swap Attributes don't work - Finesse is there, but Melee (Light) is still based on Brawn instead of Agility. When creating a custom talent, swapping seems not even possible ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sunrider said:

Hi! Great work!

Seems talents that swap Attributes don't work - Finesse is there, but Melee (Light) is still based on Brawn instead of Agility. When creating a custom talent, swapping seems not even possible ...

for Finesse and Precision the wording states that 

"When making a Brawl or Melee (Light) check, your character 
may use Agility/Cunning instead of Brawn."

So you could use either characteristic for the check so I can't make a simple always swap stat.  I have to make a much more complicated dynamic select system for each attack.

  It's on my wishlist but it's lower than a few other things.  Now all I need is time to code....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SkyJedi said:

So you could use either characteristic for the check so I can't make a simple always swap stat. 

As I see it, the wording stems from SW, where the Lightsaber-Specs have this talent to swap a specific Characteristic. You have to purchase that talent just to get down the tree, so the "may" makes sense.

In Genesys you purchase such a talent only when you WANT to swap - it makes no sense to invest the 5 XP and still use the lower Characteristic. So, a simple always swap would indeed suffice, IMHO.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sunrider said:

As I see it, the wording stems from SW, where the Lightsaber-Specs have this talent to swap a specific Characteristic. You have to purchase that talent just to get down the tree, so the "may" makes sense.

In Genesys you purchase such a talent only when you WANT to swap - it makes no sense to invest the 5 XP and still use the lower Characteristic. So, a simple always swap would indeed suffice, IMHO.

 

Well thats not how I'll build it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"You may" want to because you don't want to do the damage as the better characteristic. I just added a custom skill for Finesse and Precision.

I saw on the wish list "Compact Print" is on the list. Is that for "custom" NPC cards? That would be a nice option when you have time.

Thank you for all the work you've put into this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flobio said:

"You may" want to because you don't want to do the damage as the better characteristic. I just added a custom skill for Finesse and Precision.

I saw on the wish list "Compact Print" is on the list. Is that for "custom" NPC cards? That would be a nice option when you have time.

Thank you for all the work you've put into this.

Compact print is a 1 page abbreviated character sheet.

 

An NPC Block maker would be a bit different than the character creator.  More akin to http://swa.stoogoff.com than the Emporium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really enjoying the character generator.

What are the datasets?  What do they do? How do I use them?

Some features I'd like to request: 

-Once I add an item to a character, if it could be saved to my generator so that a future character could select an item with those same stats. (is this what datasets are for?)

- A way to set up qualities unique to a campaign, such as, you decide what skills apply to a campaign / setting once, so every character made under that campaign can only use those skills rather than having to remove the skills every time you make a new character under that setting. (is this what datasets are for?)

- In the gear section, if the item's description could be listed because sometiems they have custom qualities, like a grapnel hook. 

 

I appreciate all your hard work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, allienshar said:

I'm really enjoying the character generator.

What are the datasets?  What do they do? How do I use them?

Some features I'd like to request: 

-Once I add an item to a character, if it could be saved to my generator so that a future character could select an item with those same stats. (is this what datasets are for?)

- A way to set up qualities unique to a campaign, such as, you decide what skills apply to a campaign / setting once, so every character made under that campaign can only use those skills rather than having to remove the skills every time you make a new character under that setting. (is this what datasets are for?)

- In the gear section, if the item's description could be listed because sometiems they have custom qualities, like a grapnel hook. 

 

I appreciate all your hard work

Datasets are all the custom data for your account archetypes, careers, etc and will be available for all your characters.  

Equipment is a bit of a cluster right now and is being addressed in the next big update.

The setting switch is on the wishlist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...