Jump to content
SkyJedi

A Web-Based Character Generator - The Genesys Emporium

Recommended Posts

Sorry to "bug" you, but I just added Brigadine armor and it didn't upgrade the soak or defense.

I'll leave you alone now and come back to the program tomorrow.

Thanks for what your'e doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a note for others that have gotten a blank screen with "Loading" and nothing seems to work to fix it (disabling pop-up blocker, etc.). Using MS Explorer* seemed to be the problem for me, had to switch to Edge or Chrome.

*Yes I know, I know I shouldn't be using this, I hate change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Sturn said:

Just a note for others that have gotten a blank screen with "Loading" and nothing seems to work to fix it (disabling pop-up blocker, etc.). Using MS Explorer* seemed to be the problem for me, had to switch to Edge or Chrome.

*Yes I know, I know I shouldn't be using this, I hate change.

gasp!  sorry, I don';t have access to explorer to confirm at the moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally tracked down the IE no-workie issues.  Turns out IE doesn't support a function I use all over the place.  I'll check it out tomorrow, but thought I'd share this funny image for the compatibility of the function

 

6I6dCoq.png

Edited by SkyJedi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fixed the loading issues with IE.  its still mostly untested on IE and might have more issues.  I know for sure exporting data doesn't work.  At this point I'm placing this into the "Not a big but really a feature"  and encourage you to instead use a browser that is supported.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2018 at 5:38 AM, SkyJedi said:

I'm currently (slowly) getting a database of all the gear from the books.  Once that is in place it'll probably wipe out the current gear for characters.  No timeline on that so keep your backups current

Hey Sky, just want to say you're AWESOME and I love the work you've been doing to help support Genesys.

 

In regards to equipment, will you be adding stuff like cybernetics as well? Or maybe the means of making our own, and choosing the characteristics/skills, such they alter?

 

Or is there something there for that already and I'm missing it? For instance, I don't see a way of manually bringing down the strain threshold to allot for Cyberware implantation, ect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2018 at 8:54 PM, ArgentAngel said:

Hey Sky, just want to say you're AWESOME and I love the work you've been doing to help support Genesys.

 

In regards to equipment, will you be adding stuff like cybernetics as well? Or maybe the means of making our own, and choosing the characteristics/skills, such they alter?

 

Or is there something there for that already and I'm missing it? For instance, I don't see a way of manually bringing down the strain threshold to allot for Cyberware implantation, ect.

cybernetics will be a part of the gear manager, it'll alter stain, characteristics, skills as you would expect.  ETA ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is amazing, thank you. It blows SWSheets.com out of the water (which I use for my edge of empire game) - I really like that it adds talent modifiers to the skill line. I don't suppose you've done anything similar, or know of something similar, for the SW books?

That said, I wondered if it could be possible to remove skills that don't fit the setting you are playing?


(I registered my account just to post this.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RamMegiddo said:

This is amazing, thank you. It blows SWSheets.com out of the water (which I use for my edge of empire game) - I really like that it adds talent modifiers to the skill line. I don't suppose you've done anything similar, or know of something similar, for the SW books?

That said, I wondered if it could be possible to remove skills that don't fit the setting you are playing?


(I registered my account just to post this.)

Nope nothing for star wars at the moment.  

 

You can remove skills by clicking on the category heading(general, combat, etc)

 

It's not immediately apparent and I really need to make an options tab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

For star wars use oggdude. It is in the another character generator thread in the edge of the empire forum

I'm afraid I'm a mac user — and while I successfully managed to get Oggdude to run via emulators, it was horrifically slow, and slightly unstable to boot — which is a rather unpleasant combination. As is, the best I've found so far is SWSheets.com.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SkyJedi said:

Nope nothing for star wars at the moment.  

 

You can remove skills by clicking on the category heading(general, combat, etc)

 

It's not immediately apparent and I really need to make an options tab.

Awesome! - Thank you.

Yeah, clicking titles to add talents, add skills, remove skills and alter your picture are all things I didn't spot immediately. I found how to change the image after finding out (from here) that clicking the talents title added custom talents, and as a result started trying to click other things to see if they worked (but still managed to miss adding and removing skills).

Just some consistent visual clue to indicate everything that is clickable can be clicked would help — like hyperlinks being blue in the midsts of black text. 

I would suggest a cog or gear icon. As it is often used for settings in other contexts.
Maybe positioned to one side of the title, but still part of the clickable area.

Edited by RamMegiddo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RamMegiddo said:

Awesome! - Thank you.

Yeah, clicking titles to add talents, add skills, remove skills and alter your picture are all things I didn't spot immediately. I found how to change the image after finding out (from here) that clicking the talents title added custom talents, and as a result started trying to click other things to see if they worked (but still managed to miss adding and removing skills).

Just some consistent visual clue to indicate everything that is clickable can be clicked would help — like hyperlinks being blue in the midsts of black text. 

I would suggest a cog or gear icon. As it is often used for settings in other contexts.
Maybe positioned to one side of the title, but still part of the clickable area.

The gear icon is a good idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a little late to the party but this thing is amazing SkyJedi! Thank you for all of the  time and effort you have put into this thing! 

With the import/export in effect, is there a place where some of you wonderful people have stored fleshed out data sets that are ready for import?  

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just tried using this on my iPhone, it worked fine, though there were a couple of small graphical glitches that I thought might be worth mentioning. Though none of them are substantial impediments to using it;

The strain and wound fields messed up the graphics a little - with the bar between the field and the maximum appearing beneath the maximum, rather than between the field and maximum. 

The centring for weapons under equipment log (with lots of dice is off) but not so under carried gear.

Thank you again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RamMegiddo said:

Just tried using this on my iPhone, it worked fine, though there were a couple of small graphical glitches that I thought might be worth mentioning. Though none of them are substantial impediments to using it;

The strain and wound fields messed up the graphics a little - with the bar between the field and the maximum appearing beneath the maximum, rather than between the field and maximum. 

The centring for weapons under equipment log (with lots of dice is off) but not so under carried gear.

Thank you again!

Yeah, mobile Safari has it's own way of doing things.  I have to circle back to that at some point.

 

Edit: iOS chrome does the same thing I believe.  Mobile code is harrrrrred

Edited by SkyJedi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2018 at 10:21 AM, RamMegiddo said:

Awesome! - Thank you.

Yeah, clicking titles to add talents, add skills, remove skills and alter your picture are all things I didn't spot immediately. I found how to change the image after finding out (from here) that clicking the talents title added custom talents, and as a result started trying to click other things to see if they worked (but still managed to miss adding and removing skills).

Just some consistent visual clue to indicate everything that is clickable can be clicked would help — like hyperlinks being blue in the midsts of black text. 

I would suggest a cog or gear icon. As it is often used for settings in other contexts.
Maybe positioned to one side of the title, but still part of the clickable area.

 

On 5/10/2018 at 3:36 PM, themensch said:

This, this, a thousand times this :)

 

added a ⚙ for all the clickable stuffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any way to keep the wounds and strain boxes empty when printing?  Right now it defaults a 0 in each box which is a small annoyance when trying to track them during a session.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I could not find a way to create a custom "Archetype Talent", or even just to edit/add a description to the existing ones.   Is it there and I just can't see it?  

Thanks.

Edited by MGChrist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MGChrist said:

Is there any way to keep the wounds and strain boxes empty when printing?  Right now it defaults a 0 in each box which is a small annoyance when trying to track them during a session.  

hmmmmm, i'll look into it

3 hours ago, MGChrist said:

Also, I could not find a way to create a custom "Archetype Talent", or even just to edit/add a description to the existing ones.   Is it there and I just can't see it?  

Thanks.

on the list of todos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...