SkyJedi

A Web-Based Character Generator - The Genesys Emporium

52 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

If i click in the talent adding the tree sometimes some disappear. I have not figured out how to replicate it reliably. This in firefox  58.0.1 64bit.

seems to happen when you click into a lower level talent, then click submit, it clears all the higher level talents.  I'll throw it on the list.  

52 minutes ago, SkyJedi said:

seems to happen when you click into a lower level talent, then click submit, it clears all the higher level talents.  I'll throw it on the list.  

awesome. I knew something was up. but hadnt figured out the specifics. :) Glad you found the problem :)

Did I miss the ability to save a character? What happened? I change information, I find nothing. When I hit "New Character", I get a new hash in the dropdown. Selecting hashes brings up information with no way for me to save.

I feel dumb.

8 minutes ago, CitizenKeen said:

Did I miss the ability to save a character? What happened? I change information, I find nothing. When I hit "New Character", I get a new hash in the dropdown. Selecting hashes brings up information with no way for me to save.

I feel dumb.

everything should automatically save to the currently selected character once you input any data.  No save data button necessary.  Specifically it saves once you click out, tab out, or select another text box or select anything from a dropdown menu

Edited by SkyJedi

34 minutes ago, SkyJedi said:

everything should automatically save to the currently selected character once you input any data.  No save data button necessary.  Specifically it saves once you click out, tab out, or select another text box or select anything from a dropdown menu

From existing character, I click "New Character", type in a name "Jiminy Christmas", hit tab, click "New Character", and all I'm left with of Jiminy is their hash. I feel like it's bigger than that, but haven't 100% recreated other scenarios. Working on it.

2 hours ago, CitizenKeen said:

From existing character, I click "New Character", type in a name "Jiminy Christmas", hit tab, click "New Character", and all I'm left with of Jiminy is their hash. I feel like it's bigger than that, but haven't 100% recreated other scenarios. Working on it.

The character names can't refresh until you refresh the page.  All the other data is presistent though

17 minutes ago, SkyJedi said:

The character names can't refresh until you refresh the page.  All the other data is presistent though

But you have to have a character name, then?

New Character -> Change Player Name -> Choose Archetype (Mongrel) -> New Character. Go back to old new character. No information retained.

59 minutes ago, CitizenKeen said:

New Character -> Change Player Name -> Choose Archetype (Mongrel) -> New Character. Go back to old new character. No information retained.

Huh it's not saving, weird. It actually probably saving then overwriting.  Anyway Refresh the page before making your second new character saves it all.

I'll throw it on the list of things to double check

Edited by SkyJedi

5 hours ago, CitizenKeen said:

got a fix done, I'll push it when i finish up custom skills in the next day or two