magicrealm

Latest Update 8/29/2017

no update since end of august last year for the elven warriors and ulthuan basic units,  sais the upcoming list.  ( but ulthan released in decembre, so what message is that ? )  Now the 6th months at the Printer ?   This is what we call " Wirtschaftskriminalität" ! Do i have to consider myself  an idiot to have spend a lot of money in that game ?

Edited by magicrealm

I don't know, we're having a tournament tomorrow, and everybody there is going to sign up for our 4th league, so people enjoy playing it. I don't think you need a constant stream of new product to enjoy it. I'm still painting my hordes of skeletons, so I'm making the most of this update drought.

I'm confused about what you mean by "last update." As far as the Upcoming page goes, the last update was the addition of Kethra A'laak on 10/4/17. The last news article announcing a new product was also about Kethra A'laak and it was released on 9/11/17. Granted, the products at the printer were updated last on 8/29 as you say, but my point is we've seen more recent activity from FFG about this product line since then.

Also, I can only think of one example where FFG cancelled a product in development and that was the space tiles for X-Wing which were eventually replaced by the neoprene mats. If Kethra disappears from the Upcoming page, then I'll start panicking.

Isn’t FFG quite a small company? In terms of staffing and designers etc? I would just expect Legion to be the focus until it’s out the door. Either that or Runewars is dead and we’ll not see anything new (in which case I’ll be disappointed given I spent £160 on new units on Monday ?) 

11 hours ago, Athelin said:

I wonder when you are going to stop these kind of posts. For a miniature game you don't need an update every month, just enjoy the game and stop toxicing the forum.

Concern for the game isn't a bad thing though guys. I mean, I don't think the game is dying or dead either, but the lack of general forum willingness to be critical of FFG and make them improve is pretty startling. Good games grow from criticism, they don't wither. 

The fact remains that this game needs more updates and it's stupid that the only reason runewars is currently delayed is because of a separate game.  Don't coddle the game. Love it enough to scold it.

9 hours ago, Willange said:

Concern for the game isn't a bad thing though guys. I mean, I don't think the game is dying or dead either, but the lack of general forum willingness to be critical of FFG and make them improve is pretty startling. Good games grow from criticism, they don't wither. 

The fact remains that this game needs more updates and it's stupid that the only reason runewars is currently delayed is because of a separate game.  Don't coddle the game. Love it enough to scold it.

Your parents raised you right!

11 hours ago, Willange said:

Dont get me wrong. I am also worry about the success of the game. But I have decided to wait and see what happens until Worlds, while I try to make community in my area.