Sign in to follow this  
Jabby

Article up

Yeah, for those of us who have been paying close attention, there isn't too much of interest here. But remember for each one of us there are no doubt others who haven't been following closely and will be interested in an official preview of Luke. With any luck this could be the article to pique the interest of a few more future players.

6 minutes ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

I didn't realize that targeting scopes affect lightsabers.

Yeah, its not very thematic... but there's been no indication that you can't use aim tokens during melee attacks. I hope that Leia and Veers come with more interesting Gear upgrades, because I don't feel inclined to bring Targeting Scopes or Grappling Hooks on Luke.

If i take a targetting scope on luke i will only use it for his blaster just to be more thematic. If im at a tourney and a rules lawyer is using it his lightsaber.. whatever, no worries. 85% of the games ill be playing will be casual with buddies so it's not much of an issue. 

3 minutes ago, oddeye said:

85% of the games ill be playing will be casual with buddies so it's not much of an issue. 

Make it 100% for more fun :) 

Unless you really enjoy the tournament aspect as well. I get it, I just get it on something a little more standardized (since terrain is going to be a huge part of this game, etc) 

7 hours ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

I didn't realize that targeting scopes affect lightsabers.

Tell that to Imperial Assault where Diala can use Dancing Weapon on Armored Gauntlets, or anyone can attach a weighted head to a lightsaber.

Edited by KalEl814

4 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Make it 100% for more fun :) 

Unless you really enjoy the tournament aspect as well. I get it, I just get it on something a little more standardized (since terrain is going to be a huge part of this game, etc) 

Most of my groups games are light hearted and fun.  We do run game night kits and store championships where its most of my gaming group, but we get a few others that show for the events and such. I have a feeling that might be added into the tournament faq. Either way if its in the rules i wont be upset if someone does use it as intended but i wont be lol.. 

The targeting scopes thing isn't a big deal, it's likely wasted points on luke.

He wants to dodge for deflect. He can take force reflexes for that but then he loses actions in later rounds readying it to use again (unlike vader who can ready it end of turn for free), so at best (without token sharing shenanigans) he'd be using that aim every second round at best, if he saves up his jedi powers. 

Edited by Ralgon

6 hours ago, VAYASAN said:

Rules allowing or not, I wont be using Targetting scopes for a Lightsaber.

Why not think of it as a mod upgrade? Like a balanced hilt or some other thing :)

10 hours ago, Nihm said:

Why not think of it as a mod upgrade? Like a balanced hilt or some other thing :)

Its a fair comment but I think you underestimate my OCD with stuff like that hehe, all along Id know its a targeting  scope!!

2 hours ago, VAYASAN said:

Its a fair comment but I think you underestimate my OCD with stuff like that hehe, all along Id know its a targeting  scope!!

K, was just trying to help :)

I'm gonna cover the name with a nice printed label :)