Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette with TFO, ER

Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette with TFO, ER

GR75 Medium Transports with Bright Hope

Gr75 Medium Transports

Tycho Celchu, Shara Bey, 2 A-wings, Rogue Squadron, 2 VCX100 Freighters

395/400

Fleet discussion Post after action

Edited by anonymousguy

Round 1 against Franz: I'm player 1, picked Most Wanted. He picked my MC30, and his own MC30.

Franz had: Dodonna Commander on an MC80 Battle Cruiser with QBTs, Engine Techs, various other upgrades I can't remember, an MC30 with Admonition, OE, H9s, 1 HH Torpedo with Garel's Honor and Rapid Reload, and a CR90B with Dodonna's Pride, and 3 X-wing squadrons.

Deployment: I deployed with my 2 Hammerheads and CR90 in the middle, with his CR90 and Hammerhead facing across from me. I deployed my naked flotilla way over on the left side, and he deployed his MC30 and 2 X-wings across from it.(He chose his MC30 as the objective ship because he knew that nothing would be able to kill it there.) I deployed my MC30 and Bright Hope with the squad ball way over on the right side, and he ddropped his flotilla and MC80 right there.

Turn One: Mainly just token collecting and jockeying for position.

Turn Two: With me out-activating him, I activated everything besides the MC30 so that he had to move his MC80 just.... outside my MC30's black dice. <_< My squad ball made a bit of a jump, and Rogue Squadron began harassing the MC80 while the A-wings and VCXs jumped his CR90.

Turn Three: I kicked off the turn with my MC30 vaporizing his flotilla to lower the activation count. I made a few errors with my hammerheads' maneuvering, and one ended up out of the fight. The other made the CR90 bite the dust. His hammerhead began to run away, as did his MC80.

Turn 4: His MC30 finally killed my naked flotilla, and began to turn.

Turn 5: My squadrons killed the Hammerhead Corvette.

Nothing else happened the rest of the game.

Result: 7-4

A Big Thanks to Franz after the game, he bought me a Profundity expansion(I didn't have any wave 7).

Edited by anonymousguy

Round 2 against @RobertK: He had a 7-point bid, and he chose First Player. He picked my Most Wanted(We never payed attention to the objective, even forgetting to name the Most Wanted ships)

@RobertK had Sloane as Commander with an Avenger ISD with Leading Shots and QBTs(surprisingly, those are the only upgrades he had on the ISD), Quasar fire 1 with Sloane, Flight Controllers and Boosted Comms, 2 Gozantis with comms net, and a squad ball consisting of 4 TIE interceptors, Howlrunner, a lambda shuttle, and 4 TIE Phantoms. His only objecive for the regional was to prove that TIE Phantoms don't suck.

Deployment: He set up his ISD on the left side of the board, with the Quasar and Gozantis respectively trailing behind it, and the squad ball deployed in front of the Gozantis.

I deployed my MC30 on the far left side, with the Bright Hope in the middle of the left half of the board. The squad ball and the CR90 deployed alongside Bright Hope, and my Hammerheads deployed in the center of the field, and the naked transport deployed far right.

Turn one: Token Collecting and Jockeying for position. The CR90, though, ran to the left side of the board.

Turn two: His squads attacked mine, with counter fire dropping two interceptors, and me losing Tycho and Shara, but Shara was zombified. Follow-up attacks from my squadrons killed all the interceptors and left Howlrunner without a scatter. I out-activated him, and waited for the ISD to creep into the MC30's side arc, and the MC30 unloaded on the ISD and ran.

Turn 3: My hammerheads were able to ram one of his flotillas to death, and his phantoms came in on an attack run, and killed the rest of my A-wings. Follow-up fire from my VCXs and Rogue squadron, though, killed half of the phantoms, and left one of the two surviving phantoms on 2 health. The MC30 unloaded on the Quasar, but not enough to kill it.

Turn 4: The phantoms ran away to their gozanti. The MC30 ran away because it now had no shields, and one defense token. One of my hammerheads lined up for an attack run on the quasar.

Turn 5: The phantoms conducted a bombing run on my un-shielded MC30, both of them rolling double blanks. 

Turn 6: The phantoms tried again to kill the MC30, but failed in doing so. The Hammerhead didn't land enough damage to kill the Quasar, unfortunately. The Quasar couldn't kill the Hammerhead either.

Edited by anonymousguy

Round 3 against Jim: Jim had a 7 point bid, and chose First Player. He picked my Sensor Net(YAY!!!)

Jim had an MC80 Star Cruiser with Raddus, and Strategic Adviser, an MC75 Ordnance cruiser with Profundity, Ordnance Experts, and Assault Proton Torpedoes, a CR90B with Engine Techs, a Hammerhead Torpedo with Garel's Honor and External Racks, and a GR75 with Quantum Storm.

Deployment: He set aside Profundity and Garel's Honor. He deployed his MC80 in the middle, and his CR90 far left, and his Quantum Storm far right. I put my MC30 in the middle of the left side of the board, and the CR90 and naked flotilla along with a VCX far right. I deployed the Hammerheads and the Bright Hope as well as the squad ball in the middle of the left side of the board. Sensor Net Tokens were placed in front of his Quantum Storm, in front of his MC80, in front of my Transport on the far right, and in front of my transport on the left.

Turn one: I picked up 2 tokens through some VCX commands. Jockeying for position and token collecting. The CR90 raced forward at speed 4.

Turn two: The CR90 dropped the Profundity and Garel's Honor behind my Hammerheads, and one of my Hammerheads died. Over the next few turns, my A-wings destroyed the Hammerhead. Tokens were picked up this round, and one of my Hammerheads was able to escape.

Turn three: Bright Hope bit the dust, and more token collecting happened. My MC30 got behind the MC80. 

Turn four: More token collecting, and the MC30 set up an attack run on the Profundity's un-shielded side hull zone.

Turn Five: More token collecting, and the MC30 got the shot off. Unfortunately, it left Profundity on three hull.:angry: The MC80 destroyed my naked flotilla, and was going to destroy the CR90 the next turn.

Time stopped there, and we counted the points. I won about 20 points. I scored 150 points off the objective compared to his 90.

Result: 6-5

Edited by anonymousguy

No round 4, sadly, we were 3 people short of having 4 rounds, and a few came in late...darn.

I ended up getting 9th, just being edged out of getting 8th place and a set of sparkly dice due to @Card Knight killing a VCX in his last round, beating me there by 9 points.

Edited by anonymousguy

37 minutes ago, TaeSWXW said:

You'll need more than that, we run hot in Minnesota.

Eh, last I saw, highest bid was around 394, so I'm rolling with a five-point bid.

Lol, last year was my first tournament and I came around with a 15-point bid, and was quite disappointed. Highest bid I encountered was 3, the other two being 0.

Edited by anonymousguy

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:59 AM, anonymousguy said:

No round 4, sadly, we were 3 people short of having 4 rounds, and a few came in late...darn.

I don't know, man.  That snowstorm never really let up, and there were a lot of us with decent drives home.  My two friends and I didn't get back to Des Moines until 11:45... :(

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:59 AM, anonymousguy said:

Turn 5: The phantoms conducted a bombing run on my un-shielded MC30, both of them rolling double blanks. 

Turn 6: The phantoms tried again to kill the MC30, but failed in doing so. The Hammerhead didn't land enough damage to kill the Quasar, unfortunately. The Quasar couldn't kill the Hammerhead either.

OOHHHH, the disappointment of making a bombing run on a naked MC30 and coming up empty...twice! That one hurt, but a great game to you @anonymousguy! I had fun! See ya next time.