TKKA1992

Tribes: Ascend Armory

This is my current release of an armory for Tribes: Ascend.

Written partially in-character from the perspective of an Imperial Scholar, this is meant to be something of an "evolving document." Thus far the only obvious thing left to do is complete pricing the (multitude of) weapons and establish rarity for them all.

I'm more than open to changing qualities or numbers at a good suggestion; I'm still experimenting with certain values and am not currently married to any particular profile if good reasoning is presented.

In that same vein, I'm not sure how well Tribes kit is meant to interact with those of other franchises; this armory aligns greatly with the lore of the franchise as well as the game mechanics, and in the lore in particular tribal kit is radically advanced. As such, the powered-armor and weapons seem very powerful. This is, to some degree, intentional.

I appreciate any constructive criticism or reports of individuals who include the kits into their own campaigns. An update will be included when the archetypes have been completed.

Edited by TKKA1992

Looks neat! Though, it does have the slightly Riftsy danger of what happens when it goes up against anything from another universe.

Obviously, that's not going to happen...usually, but...this is Genesys, the game designed to perfectly fit leaping from universe to universe. 

I'm halfway tempted to suggest you bring it down to Genesys level numbers and just work the extreme destructiveness into the fluff. Or maybe saying that when used on unarmored targets, the damage gets a buff, or something, to reflect that? 

1 minute ago, DragonCobolt said:

Looks neat! Though, it does have the slightly Riftsy danger of what happens when it goes up against anything from another universe.

Obviously, that's not going to happen...usually, but...this is Genesys, the game designed to perfectly fit leaping from universe to universe. 

I'm halfway tempted to suggest you bring it down to Genesys level numbers and just work the extreme destructiveness into the fluff. Or maybe saying that when used on unarmored targets, the damage gets a buff, or something, to reflect that? 

I've been putting some thought in and your suggestion's actually inspired me a bit. Part of the lethality in tribal war-weapons is that they're so vicious if they get past the shell. So as I'd earlier mentioned toning down the Vicious qualities everywhere, I'm thinking maybe leaving their Vicious qualities as is and nerfing damage by between one and three--as appropriate--for most entries across the board.

I'm actually working on the tribal archetypes as we speak, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Woop! Also, any thought about making HERCs because...honestly, it blew my mind when I realized that Starsiege, whose story compendium terrified me as a child, was in the same universes as Tribes 2, a game I loved in my teens. 

(And yes, Starsiege's story compendium scared me. I still get chills with that "childhood rhyme": Down came the glitches, who burned us in ditches, and we slept after eating our dead.) 

3 minutes ago, DragonCobolt said:

Woop! Also, any thought about making HERCs because...honestly, it blew my mind when I realized that Starsiege, whose story compendium terrified me as a child, was in the same universes as Tribes 2, a game I loved in my teens. 

(And yes, Starsiege's story compendium scared me. I still get chills with that "childhood rhyme": Down came the glitches, who burned us in ditches, and we slept after eating our dead.) 

I have considered working on HERCs, but it's difficult for me to find proper reference material for them; and I haven't played the games in a long enough period of time to feel comfortable winging it. If you or someone else could point me toward detailed reference material and in-game stats that can be extrapolated from, I'm more than willing to add it to my queue.

OP has been updated with the newest version. Very minor, added Encumbrance values and edited the Hardpoints of each shell; also made it clear that only one hardpoint on a shell is used for an armor pack while only one hardpoint is used for a deployable. Still putting a bit of effort into the weapon prices; that process will remain slow, unfortunately. It's far more tedious than the fun involved in actually creating the armory.