Cubanboy

Happy New Wave friday

Happy Friday! I'm excited to get my stuff...on Monday... because my LGS forgot to order it. I was going to use 7th Fleet on some VSD's for this weekend's tournament, but it looks like my squads are about to get an upgrade instead of those 10 points. :lol:

I'm just excited for the new ships. I don't know if I have a favorite card, but I'm hoping I can work with a Intensity Firepower Pelta. 

Edited by Stasy
Words OP

Happy Friday!

I think the Mc75 has got me most stoked. As much as I love the imperials, I think the rebels really needed a ship with this kind of offensive capabilities. Being able to to take 2 ord upgrades or ions, turbos and ord with a weapons team is a pretty big deal. Though they have lower hull, and a slightly less useful set of defense tokens, I think the cost per ship and the synergy with commander abilities will make the Mc75 an ISD killer. 

All that said, I've made a kuat refit with heavy ions + ACMs and fire control teams. With a con-fire it gives me 3 blue 3 black (3 red too, but just there for damage) and that's an 82% chance at a crit between them.... decent odds. Use screed for the commader and, well, every practice roll I've made has generated 2 crit effects... so, exciting times either way.

Can I have two answers? I'm going to have two answers. From a more casual standpoint, the MC75 has me interested in playing Rebels again after not really caring for the entire last wave. From a "oh **** yeah, let's do this!" perspective, I'm digging Early Warning Systems. Really helps me stave off early bombing runs from dirty, evil squadrons, letting me get my ISDs stuck in right and proper.

Happy Friday to all!

Things I cannot wait for:

Activation/Deployment Shenanigans! Bail, Pryce, Raddus and Strategic Adviser will change a lot of the thought process going forward. (Both list building, and gameplay)

Painting those awful gray panels off and modifying my Chimaera!