Chrissr09

Out of the loop...

So I've been more invested with armada lately and have not been paying attention to IA as much. So what is this Ugnaught sham list and why is it so good? Also IG Hunters, what's that all about? I've tried doing a little research but everything gets convoluted with comments it's hard to read them all. Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, Chrissr09 said:

So I've been more invested with armada lately and have not been paying attention to IA as much. So what is this Ugnaught sham list and why is it so good? Also IG Hunters, what's that all about? I've tried doing a little research but everything gets convoluted with comments it's hard to read them all. Thanks in advance. 

My two cents (which we would be rounded down to zero cents here in Canada as we don't have pennies anymore):

The Ugg list gives you a great ability to collect objectives (in some scenarios) and can administer a death by many cuts to your opponent, but you'll need two copies of Bespin and be ok with losing a bit of your soul. 

IG Hunters benefits from having IG who is a monster and the hunter command cards which are disgustingly good. I think the fix to IG was a bit much. You basically wait until you draw good cards like Assassinate, Tools for the Job, and Heightened Reflexes and you're laughing. If you have Blaze of Glory, you're laughing even harder.  

Now they've balanced the game greatly with fixes to Han, Chewy, and Vader, so you can really win with any faction. 

Ain't this game great?:P

Edited by NeverBetTheFett

42 minutes ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

My two cents (which we would be rounded down to zero cents here in Canada as we don't have pennies anymore):

The Ugg list gives you a great ability to collect objectives (in some scenarios) and can administer a death by many cuts to your opponent, but you'll need two copies of Bespin and be ok with losing a bit of your soul. 

IG Hunters benefits from having IG who is a monster and the hunter command cards which are disgustingly good. I think the fix to IG was a bit much. You basically wait until you draw good cards like Assassinate, Tools for the Job, and Heightened Reflexes and you're laughing. If you have Blaze of Glory, you're laughing even harder.  

Now they've balanced the game greatly with fixes to Han, Chewy, and Vader, so you can really win with any faction. 

Ain't this game great?:P

Thanks for the info. I played a little refresher game with some of the new stuff last night on nal hutta. Han, Leia, Lando, Jyn, Gideon, and 3P0. Loved the idea of han getting 3 shots in one round. 

So what else is typically paired with Iggy? I've never had much luck with him in the past but haven't played him with the attachment.

21 minutes ago, Chrissr09 said:

So what else is typically paired with Iggy? I've never had much luck with him in the past but haven't played him with the attachment.

A set of Elite Weequays, Greedo, Vinto, Devious Scheme, Rebel Care Package, some jawas. You can throw Onar in there as well. You can do 2 eQuays if you like and have the ability. 

17 hours ago, Chrissr09 said:

Iggy is insane now. They only took away his recover but adding in the free 2 movement points let's him move faster than Boba Fett and/or peak out of a corner without spending an action and therefore use assault and attack twice. Since they also left his +2 accuracy and gave him a focus on every attack, you can use a red dice on most attacks and in some cases choose two red dice. Or two blues if you want a long range shot. They added the 5 health make him more tanky. If you draw Blaze of Glory, it's like rinse, lather repeat for another cycle. I think they should have taken his +2 accuracy away too. 

So, most people play him back and use his distance shots until they draw Blaze of Glory at which point they bring him right in. 

On a slightly similar topic, I am preparing to going to my first tournament event later this month. Are there any guides/restrictions that I should be aware of for certain units and/or cards, like a 'Banned List'? This side of the game is fairly new to me, so any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

8 minutes ago, Kunitzu San said:

On a slightly similar topic, I am preparing to going to my first tournament event later this month. Are there any guides/restrictions that I should be aware of for certain units and/or cards, like a 'Banned List'? This side of the game is fairly new to me, so any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Nothing is banned. Read through the most recent FAQ for any clarifications on rules or figure abilities. Hopefully we'll get an FAQ update soon.

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/cf/09/cf09c884-fc95-4ccf-94e5-15a9322618ce/swi_faq_v23_high_res.pdf

16 hours ago, Kunitzu San said:

Using 2 elite ugnaughts and 4 regular ugnaughts seems to upset people. I can understand why, but it's by no means banned or even unbeatable. The game is well balanced right now, so you can take a beast* and add in other figures you like from the movies. Also, Zion's finest just did a great podcast that you can find on this skirmish thread. It gives a good review of the hot figures but also some list building guidance. :P

*beasts from each faction:

Rebel - Han, Luke, or Chewy

Imperial - Vader 

Mercs - IG-88

Another question... on nal hutta swamps, the mission with the crate throwing. How does that work exactly? Do you have to take control of the crates first and then toss them at the end of the round? Or do you set them aside and then toss them out? 

6 hours ago, Chrissr09 said:

Another question... on nal hutta swamps, the mission with the crate throwing. How does that work exactly? Do you have to take control of the crates first and then toss them at the end of the round? Or do you set them aside and then toss them out? 

Whenever you claim a crate by spending two movent points, you place that crate off the board on your side. At the end of the round you place two of the crates that you have on your side of the board. If you don't have two crates, you put out 1 or 0 depending on how many you have.