Lemmiwinks86

The new wave is in stores now!!!!!

19 minutes ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

It’s on the stores? That’s inconvenient. 

Sorry for my english, I think the correct expression is that "is in stores", right? I corrected it :)

EDIT: also, if someone could explain what "is on stores" means it would be good for me to keep on learning

Edited by Lemmiwinks86

3 minutes ago, Lemmiwinks86 said:

Sorry for my english, I think the correct expression is that "is in stores", right? I corrected it :)

EDIT: also, if someone could explain what "is on stores" means it would be good for me to keep on learning

"On" would generally mean it is physically sitting on top of something - i.e. on the roof of the store.

English sucks as a language, it's true.

"is on stores" isn't really a used phrase. It means that the products are sitting on the roof of the building.

"is in stores" means that the product is has arrived at the store and is ready to be sold.

To further confuse things:
"The sale is on" means that a special event that is the sale (a new store opening event, for example) is happening.

8 minutes ago, Lemmiwinks86 said:

Your English is very good. 

A store is usually a place where goods or products are stored, and from where they can be purchased. The goods arrive in stores.

On stores brings up the mental image that they have been placed on top of the building. Like the old joke; drinks are on the House... where people take the literal meaning that they are on the building, and not that the bar is providing them free of charge. 

Edited by GrandAdmiralCrunch

15 minutes ago, Norell said:

I was in the local store a few hours ago. They said it woN't be available for a week yet. I came home, saw the article and found the mail in my mailbox that my order arrived...<_<

Damnit, I'm out of likes!

That is hilarious.

Make sure to get your shoes good and muddy before you walk back into that store. If they want to waste your time, return the favor! ;)

1 hour ago, cynanbloodbane said:

Damnit, I'm out of likes!

That is hilarious.

Make sure to get your shoes good and muddy before you walk back into that store. If they want to waste your time, return the favor! ;)

How do you people run out of likes? I'm a horrible person who apparently never likes anything in the quantity that would lead me to be out of them. /sad Grinch panda

Just picked mine up, Stoked to play with some of it in regionals this weekend obviously... Don't know if this was brought up before, but on profundity box, the art shows an mc75, neb b, and??? Looks like a corvette??

2 hours ago, Lemmiwinks86 said:

Your English is quite good.  I am always impressed by people who can speak and write in multiple languages.

1 hour ago, SkyCake said:

Just picked mine up, Stoked to play with some of it in regionals this weekend obviously... Don't know if this was brought up before, but on profundity box, the art shows an mc75, neb b, and??? Looks like a corvette??

I think it’s a brahatok class gunship, also known as dornean gunship

Edited by Captain_Nemo

I'm sad. I had to cancel my preorder.  Found the ride cymbal I wanted for my drum set for an amazing price. Hopefully I can get the money for at least one of each in March.  Sons turning 3 this month. Have to wait till after that

3 hours ago, dominosfleet said:

How do you people run out of likes? I'm a horrible person who apparently never likes anything in the quantity that would lead me to be out of them. /sad Grinch panda

Lots of great arguments today, Flotillas, Relay & Ackbar Fish Farm!

I love a good argument!

32 minutes ago, SkyCake said:

So pretty likely it's on the way! Sweet!

Lots of folks have hoped so.

Given its size, it'd almost certainly be a flotilla - it's 90m, the same length as the GR75.  Its role was, supposedly, as an anti-Starfighter gunship, so...would be interesting to see how, exactly, that would get implemented in Armada.  (And, notably, what the Imperial equivalent would be...not exactly a large number of small-ish Imperial craft to go around...?maybe the 'Big Ears' version the Gozanti?)

Edited by xanderf