Sign in to follow this  
GrandSpleen

"An ally that is not in play"

Minor spoilers for Dungeons of Cirith Gurat.

Quest card 1 says "Starting with the first player, each player discards cards from the top of his deck until an ally that is not in play is discarded and attaches that ally to an unattached enemy in the staging area."

What does it mean by "an ally that is not in play?"  I believe Battle of the Pelennor Fields uses the same wording on ones of its quest stages.  Does this mean you can't have 2 copies of Master of the Forge, for example, be captured?  Or is this text just there in case the Forced effect would try to put a unique ally into play when another copy of that unique ally is already in play?

edit: sorry, I've misunderstood the problem in my first post :)

edit again: well, I've re-thinked the problem :) and:

(1.23) Attachments
Any objective card that attaches to another card is
treated as an attachment in addition to its other card
types.
Any non-objective card that attaches to another card
loses its original card type and gains the attachment
card type.

so, that first discarded Master after attaching it to enemy, would... no longer be an ally :unsure: ? And would it allow to attach another then?

Or am I just nit-picking?

Edited by krokodiler

16 hours ago, krokodiler said:

so, that first discarded Master after attaching it to enemy, would... no longer be an ally :unsure: ? And would it allow to attach another then?

Or am I just nit-picking?

While your point is taken, I think it's just imprecisely worded.

I assume one of the design goals here is that making each captive ally be different means that there is minimal confusion for which ally is owned by which player when they are rescued. (Otherwise, you'd need to depend on different sleeves or some other distinguishing marker.) This way, any individual player can just remember, "OK, I've got to rescue the Master of the Forge" without having to track his *specific* copy of it as it toured around the table.