maddwarfer

Unboxing of English language version Core Set

Just found this video by Board Games and Beyond showing an unboxing of the English language version of the Core Set. Doesn't show much new stuff but it's always nice to see some of the unpainted models up close. Might be worth keeping an eye out for more of these in the near future.

21 minutes ago, KalEl814 said:

Have any of these unboxers posted pics/scans of the rulebook?

Nope. With have partial ss's of the spanish rules from that unboxing vid and thats it.

As for this guy, after watching the last half of the unboxing live i refused to give it air. About the only useful thing he did was stick vader next to a card for scale (which still only barely helps). Imo the rest was little more than a poor plug for subscribers to his and related channels. I linked it at the time it 1st aired but found it so bad i took the thread down.

Edited by Ralgon

All this video proves is that everything is ready to go and we just have to be patient. Maybe there was something missing in packaging or a serious "typo" to hold up the release. Like "Derth Vadar" or "Luke Skywakler"

Who knows maybe they ready to release the game but Vader saw his shadow resulting in 7 more weeks of waiting!

1 hour ago, C3POFETT said:

All this video proves is that everything is ready to go and we just have to be patient. Maybe there was something missing in packaging or a serious "typo" to hold up the release. Like "Derth Vadar" or "Luke Skywakler"

Who knows maybe they ready to release the game but Vader saw his shadow resulting in 7 more weeks of waiting!

I will gladly pay your inflated eBay prices for a misprinted Derp Vader card. 

If the misprint was Luuke Skywalker, they should have just released it as an alternate card allowing giving Imperial players a way to field both commanders in the core box.

FFG could always release these misprints and claim that they are their not-so-well known, far less intimidating cousins!

5 hours ago, Velvetelvis said:

How does a channel this awful get an early copy?

It's part of the strategy. Infuriate the fanbase with this cap. They don't have enough articles so now the resort to these cheap tricks.

I think it's funny how the livestream has people asking him about the size of the miniatures and he asks the viewers if any of them know...   

YOU HAVE THEM IN YOUR HAND!   GET A RULER!

He just said "go to FFG's website to learn the info you want".  

Edited by Crabbok

Yup that was rubbish. The dude was more and longer in view than the content of the box, which is always a bad idea when you do an unboxing video and are not a very attractive woman. I don't want to see a somewhat oversized guy, his room, his table, and a large distracting banner. I want to see what's in the **** box.

13 hours ago, Velvetelvis said:

How does a channel this awful get an early copy?

Because they're not a channel.  Game Trade Magazine is the most widely distributed hobby gaming magazine in the U.S.  I think.  But they're huge.  You can find two magazine/catalogs at every comic book/game store: Previews and GTM.

That's how they get an early copy.