Ronu

That upgrade others don’t use but you do.

1 minute ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

Hm, not too many. While my ship choices tend to be very janky (depending on what I'm in the mood for), I always aim to build the strongest possible list utilizing the ships or interaction I have in mind. That means I gravitate towards strong cards. If I had to say anything it would be Ion Turrets, but I know that is pretty much the standard on FAA Y-Wings for most other people, too. Maybe Vader crew, too, he has fallen out of favour for Kylo lately I notice, but I still love him!

Vader crew and Rebel Captive crew both.  Trouble with both of them is that there are just better options for the meta right now, and Vader in particular is essentially admitting that you must win all your games in a tourney, because he causes you to bleed MoV horribly.

It's not a card but a list:

"Fel's Wrath" — TIE Interceptor 23
Autothrusters 2
Ship Total: 25

Turr Phennir — TIE Interceptor 25
Veteran Instincts 1
Autothrusters 2
Ship Total: 28

"Whisper" — TIE Phantom 32
Veteran Instincts 1
Advanced Sensors 3
Navigator 3
Advanced Cloaking Device 4
Ship Total: 43

16 minutes ago, DampfGecko said:

Not sure "nobody else uses it", but I sure like myself some Outmaneuvre...

Guy went 6-0 in swiss, and then ended as runner up in a 132 person regional with Double shadowcasters, with Outmaneuver on Ketsu. Procs a lot due to that massive 180 arc.

Synced Turret; I find myself using it over TLT on the Ghost quite often. Also, Chopper crew lets me TL when I've stressed the Ghost, which is the difference between throwing 6 dice or 0 dice at somebody. However, I really only use either of these on the Ghost.

Boba Fett crew. I barely see anyone use it (at least when I play) and oh boy will this turn games around completely. The list of Boba Fett hits includes many TLTs, Kylo Ren crews, Expertises, Punishing Ones, Outriders, etc. Palpatine has eluded my Boba, but when I did fight a list with Palp, it was in a RAC with Kylo...so Kylo had to go first. 

@Ronu I definitely agree with the Hyperwave Comm Scanner, especially on the new B/SF Bombers. If the list has an extra pt or 2, putting HCS on the bomber will make sure it gets it's job done. 

1 minute ago, thespaceinvader said:

Way better taking the cannon than the title in this instance.  Taking the title leaves them with a front arc cannon and a 2PWT.  Taking the cannon just leaves the PWT.

Typo, meant to say HLC, my mind just thought "That's on the Outrider!" so I typed Outrider. Early morning sluggish <_<

14 hours ago, Wretch said:

I put seismic torpedoes on Corran Horn when I have spare points.Since it's an action not an attack he can use it after he does his double tap on targets of opportunity.  

I like giving Seismic Torpedo to Missile Boats flying with a Lambda.  That way they can help clear out some obstacles and give the shuttle room to lumber gracefully across the board.

11 hours ago, CRCL said:

I still love the TIE/D Title, whether it's:

99 (3x) Delta w/ IonC, TIE/D.

Or

44 Maarek w/ Predator, IonC, Hull, TIE/D.
43 Ryad w/ Predator, IonC, Hull, TIE/D.
12 Academy.
1 Initiative.

There's nothing funner than making half your opponent's ships go 1-forward. Also Miranda/Nym/Poe/Dash's salty tears are delicious.

I also use the TIE/D title, though I seem to be the only one in my group.  I'm willing to concede that the TIE/x7 title may be better, but the TIE/D is just more fun in my opinion.

I really love Decoy. Especially on Ezra Stress Bug or even Wes Jensen. Why yes they would love to be PS11, Poe will happily wait until later in the activation order in case he rolls 3/4 focuses on attack but after defending against those other high PS ships. 

Also quite a while ago I was using Darth Vader with Decoy with Turr and I think a generic Phantom. Good times giving one of them PS9, you know when PS9 mattered. 

Edited by Danath

I just ran with Tractor Beam to our regional and went 6-0 on swiss. Our meta loves small ships and my list also had an ion cannon (brutal combo) but won against Kannan/Low/Zeb and Boba/Assaj, Rebel bomber/Miranda/Ezra without much hassle. 

I may be wrong, as was running Ketsu who is the best one to abuse it as it can deal damage AND tractor beam small base ships at a sweet PS7 but since then I'm exploring on other vessels and PS (keep you posted on the squad lists subforum).

Beyond tractoring people into rocks (rolls two red die) and avoiding getting shot at, the impact of the upgrade starts on deployment: bring big rocks and now your enemy can't get close to any of them reducing their vector/lanes of approach.  

The amount of control packed in a 1 point cannon makes it, imho, an auto include from now on on any ship that has the slot. It does not need to be a squad centered on abusing it, think of it as a Burnout Slam or any one-use upgrade.

Haven't been so excited with a game mechanic since cloack/decloack :wub: , being a 99% imperial player and my hate for pre Scum nerfs made me overlook it...

Edited by polmoneys
spelling is hard

1 minute ago, polmoneys said:

as a 99% imperial player and my hate for pre Scum nerfs made me overlook it...

There is in fact a list for you...

Delta Squadron Pilot (32) - TIE Defender
Flechette Cannon (2), TIE/D (0)

Delta Squadron Pilot (33) - TIE Defender
Ion Cannon (3), TIE/D (0)

Glaive Squadron Pilot (35) - TIE Defender
Adaptability (0), Tractor Beam (1), TIE/D (0)

• Hyperwave comm scanner alongside two juking TIE/SFs
  • Carnor Jax with a shield upgrade
  • Sensor jammer (in the days before expertise) on phantoms and shuttles
  • Expert handling on Kylo (Upsilon pilot) and scum Kath (with EI and IR)
  • Threat tracker on PtL PS6 Silencers
  • Boshek and Daredevil on a double-bumping Oicunn
  • R7-T1 on Wedge: my first list had Wedge with VI and the droid alongside Jan Ors pilot... I crushed sooooo many Soontirs and Whispers with him.
  • Attanni mindlink before the Protectorate Starfighter or Shadowcaster were released (Manaroo/Guri/Kaato for the win!)