Ronu

That upgrade others don’t use but you do.

******* x7 apparently

seriously, the **** Defender is still incredible despite not spoonfeeding you an evade anymore but there's like one other person locally who plays the dang things

that and Predator, which has understandably phased out when popular ships provide their own re-rolls via FCS and LRS

should've thought about that before deciding to make alt arts for that card <_<

Opportunist. On TIE Advanced, on TIE interceptors...it's a fun, well-balanced upgrade. Granted, I usually do so in Epic where Suppressor and Grand Moff Tarkin can strip tokens. It's delicious!

It used to work with just an Academy Pilot blocker, but now there are so many ways to get a token even if you overlap.

2 hours ago, Kieransi said:

But seriously, I ran Proton Bombs on TIE Bombers before Extra Munitions came out. So I'm like a total bomb hipster I guess. 

I'm still convinced TIE/D is better than TIE/x7. 

I run GUNBOATS with Mangler Cannons. 

I'm half convinced Eaden Vrill is the best YT-2400 pilot. 

And a while back I ran a list with Turr Phennir, Whisper, and Tetran Cowall. And won. 

I found my soulmate.

I've been trying Expert Handling on Boba with Maul, it seems to work. I didn't like using Engine Upgrade because it's hard to stay Range 1 with it and I'm a big fan of Countermeasure's power + Scavenger Crane.

I love playing the SF and I've played with Primed Thrusters, Pattern Analyzer, and Advanced Optics, and my favorite is Primed Thrusters. It gives you some stress resistance and opens your entire dial up. I love doing a 1-hard or a 3-sloop into a BR. I've seen others use PA and AO, but I don't really recall anyone using PT.

Maybe I'm not smart, but when I build Quickdraw and I am short on points, I find myself giving him Adaptability in order to give him Primed Thrusters.

Edited by SirCormac

8 minutes ago, jmswood said:

Quadjumper says hi. Your card comes in that expansion and the ship can equip it.

Why am I not surprised Scum found a ship to use in that.... I stand corrected.

I still love the TIE/D Title, whether it's:

99 (3x) Delta w/ IonC, TIE/D.

Or

44 Maarek w/ Predator, IonC, Hull, TIE/D.
43 Ryad w/ Predator, IonC, Hull, TIE/D.
12 Academy.
1 Initiative.

There's nothing funner than making half your opponent's ships go 1-forward. Also Miranda/Nym/Poe/Dash's salty tears are delicious.

I like Farlander with Stay on Target and Intelligence Agent. But sometimes I also like him with Experimental Interface and Expert Handling in the Harpoon meta. (With Biggs and R2-D6/Expert Handling as well!)

5 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

I've been big into Accuracy Corrector these days, particularly on TIE/SF.  If you're only tossing 3 dice and not 4 dice attacks, and using your actions for defense or position, it actually does more damage over time than Fire Control System.  Once you start spending focus offensively, or getting into range 1 a bunch without shooting back/front, FCS will do more damage.  However, AccC allows easy use of defensive focus and barrel rolls (and red moves) without loss of offense.

Thank the maker I’m not the only one who thinks this.  The funnest use I find is when you manoeuvre to get that two arc attack you then have two good attacks.  FCS is no help for this sort of attack.

Jan Ors crew.

There are a couple of people in my club who run it, and it's extremely good, especially now that Advanced Optics exists.  Combo it on Fenn with Poe and Jess with M9G8 and you get some stupid tanky ships that still hit hard, and make targetting decisions a nightmare.  Also great on Miranda, solid on Falcons, Wookiees, etc.

Edited by thespaceinvader

9 hours ago, Parakitor said:

Opportunist. On TIE Advanced, on TIE interceptors...it's a fun, well-balanced upgrade. Granted, I usually do so in Epic where Suppressor and Grand Moff Tarkin can strip tokens. It's delicious!

It used to work with just an Academy Pilot blocker, but now there are so many ways to get a token even if you overlap.

Works like a charm on Keyan Farlander also. Especially with his buddy Wes Janson to strip tokens first.

Hm, not too many. While my ship choices tend to be very janky (depending on what I'm in the mood for), I always aim to build the strongest possible list utilizing the ships or interaction I have in mind. That means I gravitate towards strong cards. If I had to say anything it would be Ion Turrets, but I know that is pretty much the standard on FAA Y-Wings for most other people, too. Maybe Vader crew, too, he has fallen out of favour for Kylo lately I notice, but I still love him!

I have been flying Torani Kulda with VI, title, GC, and FLECHETTE TORPEDO.  So, PS 10 and if I fire the Torps in the bullseye I can double stress someone and strip their tokens.  I can also reload that Torp. So, 3 red dice, no range mods, and I get to change one to crit. Only 2 pts.

Edited by heychadwick