APOLLO457

FFG has a lot of catching up to do...

2 minutes ago, Ralgon said:

People can love or hate the hype train (or lack of) all they want.

At the end of the day 22nd march is still in keeping with the q1they said it would be. Also, we'd propbably have better quality support video release wise by now had sorastro not been out sick.

Don't blame Sorastro for the delays! /s

Just now, jcmonson said:

the Spanish FFG site, which had the end of March release date up before it was announced here, has Veers and Snowtroopers listed as an April release and Leia and Fleet troopers as a May release.

Doesn't mean it's right. There is no way FFG would set up a release schedule like that, and there is no precedent for any other Star Wars game. 

The site is wrong and FFG will make a hard release date when they decide to announce it. Until then, it's all speculation.

5 minutes ago, onebit73 said:

FFG would be wise to distribute some early copies to wargame channels to have some tutorials and battle reports ready to go. Probably even mainstream video game sites like polygon will report on it.

They are.  In a recent VLOG on BeastsOfWar.com they have already hinted they have something.

1 minute ago, Undeadguy said:

Doesn't mean it's right. There is no way FFG would set up a release schedule like that, and there is no precedent for any other Star Wars game. 

The site is wrong and FFG will make a hard release date when they decide to announce it. Until then, it's all speculation.

Well i would say it carries a little more weight than just speculation as it is the Official FFG site for Spain. Those dates are put out by FFG. Could the be wrong, yes, but that is what FFG has set out.

10 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

3 minutes ago, jcmonson said:

Well i would say it carries a little more weight than just speculation as it is the Official FFG site for Spain. Those dates are put out by FFG. Could the be wrong, yes, but that is what FFG has set out.

The Spanish FFG site also had a March 23rd release date listed for the Core date at least a little while before the official announcement. Now some of their release dates are a bit later than the US releases (Such as the Armada Releases) so the dates MIGHT not apply if after the initial release FFG isn't forcing worldwide releases anymore, but until we get that first wave and see how it is handled, it is likely safest to assume the worldwide coordination continues.

Edited by Caimheul1313

Reading this thread I really think FFG will have to introduce more than a 3rd faction. I was happy with the 2, but I am a FFG Star Wars player and not a 40k or war mini player. If FFG does get some of the 40K players to buy in, they will need to keep this segment happy or they will move on, much faster than the standard FFG customer.

OP has a good point. 6 months  ago there was some interest in legion around here.

That interest has long gone over that time. I haven't found a single person in any of the gaming groups at 5 stores in my state that are going to play legion. And since I can't be the only person that was going to buy in.... I'l have to play something else.

3 minutes ago, KalEl814 said:

If releasing everything in March as opposed to January or February helps avoid last year’s Destiny situation I’m completely on board. :P

As I am not involved in the Destiny community I take it there were massive shortages? Or do you mean the weird "Here's a limited quantity of product before the holidays with more to follow next year" thing?

Just now, Caimheul1313 said:

As I am not involved in the Destiny community I take it there were massive shortages? Or do you mean the weird "Here's a limited quantity of product before the holidays with more to follow next year" thing?

Single 3$ card packs going for 20$. Had one gut selling them 100 a pop. 

26 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

21 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

TallGiraffe has it right. After the initial wave popped there were crazy shortages for months. At PAX East last year $3 MSRP boosters were selling for $10 and were actually moving. It was crazy. 

Just now, KalEl814 said:

TallGiraffe has it right. After the initial wave popped there were crazy shortages for months. At PAX East last year $3 MSRP boosters were selling for $10 and were actually moving. It was crazy. 

25 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

Sweet mother of crap! Yikes, yeah I'd rather have a delay in release as well.

1 minute ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Sweet mother of crap! Yikes, yeah I'd rather have a delay in release as well.

Yeah. Destiny is a CCG so it’s a different scene, obviously. Nobody is looking to buy 10 Legion Stormie trooper packs hoping to get that Legendary upgrade. :P

Still... it was a really lousy deal for a while.

3 minutes ago, KalEl814 said:

Yeah. Destiny is a CCG so it’s a different scene, obviously. Nobody is looking to buy 10 Legion Stormie trooper packs hoping to get that Legendary upgrade. :P

Ah man, I was hoping to open up a Foil Stormtrooper card!

17 minutes ago, KalEl814 said:

The core sets, which were LCG sets, were going for $50, opposed to the $15 retail.

I've been playing 40K since 2nd edition and I think I'm finally giving up on it.  I've bought and sold, bought and sold armies so many times.  I'm a rabid collector...  Right now I have 50K+ points each in Tyranid and Eldar armies and I will never field all of them; most sit on a shelf or in a box.  I love the world that has been created, I just don't like the constant change of rules.  GW's focus has always been appealing to a younger generation and generating massive income from parents buying tons of stuff while the casual or veteran gamer suffers.  I do admit, 40K seems to be a bit better in 8th edition and the new models are fabulous.  Aside from the fact their artists can't seem to sculpt decent-looking females (they should get pointers from Adam Poots and his team), I love their product line.  But, I'm getting older and time is more precious- it's getting harder to get out all the stuff to play 40K for an afternoon when I can roll out an X-Wing mat and play with the kids anytime.  My children love Star Wars and relate to it much better than the Grimdark as well. 

I think all the Star Wars FFG games are amazing and I can't wait for Legion.  I'm really hoping it's the Star Wars tabletop game of my dreams that will allow me to abandon 40K.  

1 hour ago, KalEl814 said:

If releasing everything in March as opposed to January or February helps avoid last year’s Destiny situation I’m completely on board. :P

They are probably more worries about a RuneWars situation.  No xpacs for the first couple of months. 

4 minutes ago, DarkTemplars said:

They are probably more worries about a RuneWars situation.  No xpacs for the first couple of months. 

True enough. I don’t play Runewars but I remember the Destiny troubled times. 

These different games can coexist guys and girls.  There are many people who play games from GW, FFG, Warlord, Mantic, etc...  and find things to enjoy about them all.  40k is king right now, has been for a good while, and will probably continue to be for the foreseeable future.  That doesn’t mean we can’t have a cool game and community out of Legion, regardless of how 40k is doing. 

21 hours ago, Smoke_Eater said:

Speak for yourself. I'm here for the Fleet Troopers and I look forward to using them on the battlefield. 

Also I'm fine with waiting. So, again, speak for yourself.

for who else would he speak? 

Eh, thing about Legion and a lot of FFGs products is that they are going to attract an entirely new and different player base. Which in my mind is always good because the more people in the hobby the better. Lord of the Rings got me into the hobby and without it I probably wouldn't have even really realized it was around. X-Wing kind of got me back into the hobby after almost a 10 year hiatus, the announcement of legion got me fully back in. Now my room is covered in Napoleonic and WW2 minis, an airbrush, work table, god knows most of the Vallejo range, etc.... So I am not terribly worried about it... although I also have the luxury/sad fact that miniature war gaming in DC is rather sparse unless you involve massive amounts of travel. So i'm not really limited to what the local group is going to do. 

As for everyone jumping ship to 40k due to lack of content... First off I would guess that the vast majority of new folks brought into the hobby are going to be attracted by the IP, and just because both are Sci-Fi Fantasy I think everyone would admit 40k IP wise isn't necessarily for everyone. Also, GWs prices will be shocking to new folks and even with the simplified 8th edition its not exactly going to be as simple to get into as Legion.